Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How many traders do I have to kill.  (Read 3707 times)

xana55

• Bay Watcher
  • Booze Detected: Initiating Drinking Protocal
    • View Profile
How many traders do I have to kill.
« on: July 20, 2013, 01:56:23 am »

Anyone got any idea how many elven caravans I have to destroy and loot before they get angry with me? I settled in the one place without goblins so I'm causing international incidents to entertain myself. I'm almost looking forward to starting a war with the elves, dirty tree humping beardless morons.
Urist The Foolish: Beheaded by a swarm of cats 379 BC.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How many traders do I have to kill.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 01:59:01 am »

Sometimes one is enough.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 02:02:47 am »

Use dfhack's fixdiplomats command. It just fixes the bug that causes elven diplomats not to show up. Then kill the diplomat.

xana55

• Bay Watcher
  • Booze Detected: Initiating Drinking Protocal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 02:04:14 am »

Is it maybe that I'm not leaving any survivors?  I've destroyed two caravan's entirely.
Urist The Foolish: Beheaded by a swarm of cats 379 BC.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 02:05:24 am »

I think that offering them wood and seizing everything and then killing all but one (let the one escape and tell others about the horrors) will make them much more angrier.

Also I'd suggest you to fix elven diplomats - add this to entity_default.txt (into elven part, it's right after list of dwarven nobles):

Code: [Select]
[POSITION:DIPLOMAT]
[NAME:diplomat:diplomats]
[NUMBER:1]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MAKE_INTRODUCTIONS]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MAKE_PEACE_AGREEMENTS]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MAKE_TOPIC_AGREEMENTS]
[APPOINTED_BY:DRUID]
[PRECEDENCE:70]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[COLOR:7:0:1]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION]
[SLEEP_PRETENSION]
[PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]

You could also use DFHack's fixdiplomats command, which does this same. It will fix the missing elven diplomat, who will negotiate with your baron about the tree cutting. If you cut more trees than elves agree, they'll declare the war.

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 06:30:25 am »

Elves get more angry if you ofter them wood that if you kill them, remember:
-[KILL_ENTITY_MEMBER][JUSTIFIED_IF_EXTREME_REASON]
-[KILL_PLANT][UNTHINKABLE]
"I'M NOT DONE WITH THE GORY PULP THAT IS YOUR EYES! I WILL ERASE THE VAGUE IMPRESSION THAT YOU WERE EVER ABLE TO SEE AT ALL! FORGET THE VITAL ORGANS, BLINDING THE BLINDED AS I BLIND BLIND PEOPLE IS ALL THAT MATTERS!"

-Urist McMason, enraged at having found a Gecko Man in his fortress.
Urist McMason likes Gecko Man Eyes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 07:41:00 am »

Elves get more angry if you ofter them wood that if you kill them, remember:
-[KILL_ENTITY_MEMBER][JUSTIFIED_IF_EXTREME_REASON]
-[KILL_PLANT][UNTHINKABLE]
DF Elves are just the best.

"PLANTS ARE FRIENDS, NOT FOOD!"
"GIVE MEAT A CHANCE, GO CARNIVOROUS!"
"GO RED, SAVE GREEN!"

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 07:45:40 am »

About 6 human caravan guards fell down my waterfall on their behalf and now they start to besiege me. Very interesting.

MattStriker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 08:25:39 am »

Yeah, all that counts for them is that members of their civ died on your territory. Doesn't matter if they died from sheer stupidity, it's your fault.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 10:28:58 am »

Yeah, all that counts for them is that members of their civ died on your territory. Doesn't matter if they died from sheer stupidity, it's your fault.
Well you did have a responsibility to protect them. Makes sense too with guest right in a fantasy setting set in the past, you were supposed to do all you could to look after your guests.

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 03:25:27 pm »

I have killed the elves and looted their caravans at least 10 times now, and they never get angry. I don't mind though, because it gives me plenty of cloth bins to sell to the dwarves and humans later.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 06:33:51 pm »

Well you did have a responsibility to protect them. Makes sense too with guest right in a fantasy setting set in the past, you were supposed to do all you could to look after your guests.
"Damnit, they're staring at the river again. Send someone to pull the humans away from the waterfall before a fox scares them in, I'm not in the mood for international incidents today."
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 07:38:58 pm »

"Damnit, they're staring at the river again. Send someone to pull the humans away from the waterfall before a fox scares them in, I'm not in the mood for international incidents today."
"Your traders just drowned themselves in the Dwarven outpost of Tilatolim sire."
"How, how can they be that fucking stupid. Oh god, what are we going to tell the people; they're absolute morons and we're getting the stupid shits killed? This is going to be an absolute mes- Wait did you say Dwarves?"

*10 minutes later*

"And so you see my people, our traders disappeared in Dwarven lands and we have no idea what happened. Our condolences are out to you, and we would like to stresss DWARVEN here, as we had nothing to do with sending a trade caravan into a river whatsoever, and we're not to blame.
I repeat, they got lost in a DWARVEN outpost, and we are not to blame.
That is all peasants."

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 07:44:57 pm »

"...as we had nothing to do with sending a trade caravan into a river whatsoever..."

Clearly they didn't send them to one of my forts. I build fort entrances into river beds, without stopping the river from flowing overhead.

(Also I hope that wasn't any sort of indignant rebuttal, as my response was clearly meant as tongue-in-cheek humor.)
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2013, 07:48:44 pm »

Quotation marks, terrifying embark.
Pages: [1] 2