Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Polticically Correct Nursury Rhym... Media For Young Children! Write with me! :P  (Read 2531 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

You're a pretty one note kind of guy, aren't you, "patriotsaint"? That name, this thread, your posts in the Progressive Rage thread. You're not exactly coming of as a very well-rounded or interesting person here.
Love, scriver~

PatriotSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're a pretty one note kind of guy, aren't you, "patriotsaint"? That name, this thread, your posts in the Progressive Rage thread. You're not exactly coming of as a very well-rounded or interesting person here.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

PatriotSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, so does having a different opinion make me "not well-rounded"? Or "interesting"?

Interesting = The Lack of Variety?

Again, I thought the people on this forum were not only open to debate and discussion, but debate and discussion even with those they don't agree with. Is it so rare that people have such a perceived polar view that you guys would rather just talk to people who agree with everything that you do?

It's sad to me.

However, I don't give up. I don't mean to "convert" any of you, and anybody who tries to "convert" me should know better. At least I know that that isn't why you guys are here, since there doesn't seem much converting to do.

Just putting it out there. If you must, continue to go on exactly as before. But it's out there now.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 05:53:43 pm by PatriotSaint »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Sounds like someone needs a meeting with the freedom staff.

YOU WILL LOVE FREEDOM!
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

PatriotSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Works well with a mindless drone in the background, and a snare drum. Perfect for the modern classroom!)

There was a horizontally-challenged human male adult,
Who walked a horizontally-challenged mile,
He gained possession of a horizontally challenged piece of now-obsolete currency,
Against a horizontally-challenged stile,
He shamelessly took advantage of the market and purchased a horizontally-challenged feline mammal as if he was the owner of it,
Which invited a mouse to tea and biscuits,
And they all subsided communally in a House for the Horizontally Challenged.

PatriotSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds like someone needs a meeting with the freedom staff.

YOU WILL LOVE FREEDOM!

Thanks for the warm greeting!

Read the post above yours! And if you'd like, the one below it! And if you'd like, every post before it, including the ones I didn't author, including the ones which weren't poems!  :P

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it so rare that people have such a perceived polar view that you guys would rather just talk to people who agree with everything that you do?

No, it's so common that I like to go online and not have to listen to this sort of bag.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

PatriotSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it so rare that people have such a perceived polar view that you guys would rather just talk to people who agree with everything that you do?

No, it's so common that I like to go online and not have to listen to this sort of bag.

Wait, so you literally said that you don't want to talk to people you don't agree with...

At least you're honest.  :/

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, what I said is that there are particular things that I would choose not to discuss with other people, largely because I can hear differing opinions in the form of racist and misogynistic (I'm sorry, "politically incorrect and edgy, perhaps downright taboo") jokes and diatribes without any solicitation of such.

Therefore I do not choose to solicit them in my free time, because surprisingly enough, your point of view is pretty conventional and boring.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

PatriotSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fair enough.

Glad you solicited when you did, and replying.

And for calling me a hate-filled racist person who dares talk about what is "taboo", therefore making me "boring".

Feel free to point out where I was racist or hateful.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Feel free to point out where I called you racist or hateful.

PatriotSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Feel free to point out where I called you racist or hateful.

More hinted at, really.

So I guess the major issue is that I dare mention something that is taboo, and that I also happen to be boring. Again, fair enough.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Surprisingly enough, what I said was actually what I meant.

PatriotSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Surprisingly enough, what I said was actually what I meant.

Okay... How long are you going to keep me company? Stay as long as you like.

So, it really is because my views are "boring" compared to yours. Once again, at least you're honest.  ;D

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I'm refuting the notion that something called edgy and yet so commonplace should be valued solely for its edginess.  If it's got additional value, whatever.

I'm keeping you company because you keep saying untrue things >_> <_<

Pages: 1 [2] 3