Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: You're a shady company!  (Read 3775 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: You're a shady company!
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2013, 12:31:23 pm »

We might want to try to force us into the European market. While it's fairly small, it's mostly unexploited, thanks to the EU being rather paranoid careful about all kinds of technologies, it's also a particulary rich market, and very intensive/ small scale. Ideal for GMO, actually.

Turn the factory to the production of GMO seeds. (A testing ground, while usefull, is not needed right now. We don't even have the funds to invest in new research)

Continue searching for the microbiological Genetical engineering team
         -Apply for subsidies where available. There's a lot you can do with bioengineering
This! All of it! Thiiis!
Yup, and look for wealthy&influential people to offer a place in the program (think Bill Gates, George Soros... that kind). Use the gained funds to expand the project.
Apply for subsidies in the US - Europe is way too paranoid for that.
Offer a cooperation to Pentex, pointing to our recent efforts in China and the necessity to make TransWorld a pushover.

Narrow the Project Juan candidates list to the most influential people IE presidents, premiers, other high-profile companies CEOs etc.
These people come and go; we need funds to expand the program, then we can think about buying influence with it.

We need funds to get influence, and we need influence to get funds.
In some way, anyway.

// In unrelated news, I'm FINALLY back on the PC, so keep an eye out.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2013, 12:46:25 pm »

Well, Europe is quite happy to subsidize science, but they don't let you use it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 01:09:38 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2013, 12:55:03 pm »

Well, Europe is quite happy to subsidize science, but they don't let you use.

Elves Hippies Europeans...

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2013, 01:23:44 pm »

Well, Europe is quite happy to subsidize science, but they don't let you use it.
At least my fellow Germans go apeshit insane when they think genes might be possibly manipulated in the future - there's the story of activists trampling down the fields of a (licensed!) research project - half a year before they started growing.

Germans: Don't think things through, always know better, and always want to save the world. Except when they'd have to, you know, do something that requires an actual effort.

Except for conquering Europe. But even then... partially successful, at best.

Oh, and a joke: How can you recognise a German? He's always complaining about those pesky Germans!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2013, 01:53:21 pm »

Oh, and a joke: How can you recognise a German? He's always complaining about those pesky Germans!

Really? I thought you'd recognize Germans after their tyroleans and leather pants.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2013, 09:22:28 am »

2014-06-16

Name: Robert Blacke
Password: ************

Please stand by for DNA verification.
Verification complete, 100% match.

Welcome Robert Blacke.
You have two new messages

Spoiler: The monthly news (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Urgent  Assignments (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Optimal  Assignments (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Budget (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Database (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bio: Robert Blacke (click to show/hide)
[/list]

[/list]
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 09:35:11 am by Evil Marahadja »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2013, 10:55:57 am »

We'd pool our research facilities with Pentex, and split all profits 60-40 in our favor.
Allocate the new funds to the expansion of Project Juan and to the European team; apply for grants in the US, China and the Middle East.

Hold a press conference explaining our tight review process of who we sell weaponry to, and that all we strive for is increased security for the US and our allies from Europe to Japan.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2013, 11:28:40 am »

We'd pool our research facilities with Pentex, and split all profits 60-40 in our favor.
Allocate the new funds to the expansion of Project Juan and to the European team; apply for grants in the US, China and the Middle East.

Hold a press conference explaining our tight review process of who we sell weaponry to, and that all we strive for is increased security for the US and our allies from Europe to Japan.
+1
The Pentex deal is only for GMO products, and only for some research. Also, try to keep hold of any potential patents. Maybe look for GMO production of medicin

Also, mention some buzzwords to the European scientists. Artificial evolution*, cisgene modification**, genetic redundancy***. Try to circumvent the guidelines that way. That way at least some products can get in.

Set up a pro GM, scientific, and environmentally minded lobby group. First campaign: "Solving tomorrow's challenges", with 1 project per major continent
       - Eurasia:           Hydrogen producing bacteria
       - South America:  Something to maintain fertility of fields and stop landdegradation
       - North America : I dunno
       - Oceania          : Water filtrating bacteria?
       - Africa             : anti desertification

*Basically, standard breeding practices on rapidly evolving specimens, using Dna scanning for better advancements.
** Only using genes from a single species, not others.
*** Basically, ensuring the genes can't escape, or mutate easily. Different implementations are terminator seeds, among others.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2013, 12:02:50 pm »

- Eurasia:         : Complex hydrocarbon (i.e. something similar to oil) producing bacteria
       - South America: Something to maintain fertility of fields and stop landdegradation
       - North America : Microorganisms that self-organise into an American flag pattern
       - Oceania         : Not really relevant, I guess; something about increased agricultural efficiency
       - Africa            : Not really relevant, either, I guess; using strong-rooted plants to stop erosion and desertification?
FTFY

If the teams have any leftover capacities: Look into cocaine/morphine producing microorganisms. (Cocaine is expensive and too hard to synthesize on an industrial scale)
The Bay12 postcard club

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2013, 01:17:48 pm »

morphine producing bacteria would be the best, if it is ever found out we could pass it off as a medical experiment for keep medicine for third world countries.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2013, 11:03:15 pm »

Science team names: Bioengineers:Hera, Microbiologists:Hestia, Weapons:Ares.
Allocate funds to Project Rasputin (What do you think it is?).
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.
Pages: 1 2 [3]