Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Endless Sabbath: Okay, now it's mostly dead  (Read 9854 times)

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Sabbath: Yes, his name's actually Brown-suit
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2013, 02:08:20 pm »

Spoiler: Waitlist. (click to show/hide)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Sabbath: Yukkuri stole the precious chest
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2013, 02:00:14 am »

(Karnii speed: 3+1)
(Ace speed: 3+1)
(Fandango speed: 4+1)
(Yukkuri speed: 1)
(Xantalos speed: 3)
(Umbramanto speed: 5)
(Labcoat speed: 2)

Sorry for the lateness, been all sorts of tired recently and didn't visited forums much..

Umbramanto ignores the chest and walks ahead. Being a dragon, he doesn't needs additional equipment beyond his breath and claws.

While the others dig through the treasure hoard for loot, you start up the dusty slope, following a natural path between jagged towers of rock which look sharp enough to impale someone on. Some of them look as if they've fallen over recently... Must be from those earthquakes that Labcoat back there was talking about. One of the larger fallen spires lies on top of the path, and you can hear a strange chittering coming from it as you approach. The volume increases as you grow closer, and before you can climb past the obstacle, six strange creatures emerge from holes in the side of it. They're about the size of German Shepards, and look like fat black ants with long scimitar-shaped mandibles. One of them is using these to carry a large hunk of stone around, which it drops as it spies you and clacks its jaws together menacingly before marching towards you.

"Sure! It's like the starting quest that all beginners get."

That usually means the rewards suck, but this doesn't seem easy. Climb up onto that chest and pick out the first shortsword available.

"That's the spirit! Just think of this as the starting quest, and everything will work out fine."

Labcoat grins and slaps you on the back as you grab yourself a plain-looking steel arming sword from the chest and give it a few test swings. It's nice and light, and the edge whistles slightly as it cuts through the air. Judging by the way it swings, it could probably slice through chainmail just as easily as it could flesh.

Hm... A spellbook or the like, perhaps? If you have none, then I think I shall take a stave.

You scramble to the top of the treasure heap and grab a large spellbook bound in translucent black leather, almost like the skin of some sort of deep sea fish. Much to your surprise, several metal objects from the pile seem to cling to it, but you keep Labcoat's one item per person rule in mind and carefully pry them off. The inside of the book is a very strange thing, consisting not of paper but of 9 black stones arranged in an X inside of a 5 by 5 metal checkerboard. They seem to be attached through some sort of magnetism, and you could probably pry them off and rearrange them without too much trouble if you wanted.

"I'll take duel pistols or any gun that won't slow me down too much."

You pull a pair of twin pistols from the bottom of the pile, as well as a pair of ammo cartridges with gunmetal grey infinity signs on them. These fit quite neatly into the pistols, and a quick test fire causes three bullets to be fired in rapid succession, although the next few only fire single shots. There must be some sort of reason for this, but hey, three shots is three shots.

Will post in a few hours; supervising family at the moment.

Claim a Red Lantern ring, one that doesn't need to be recharged and isn't weak to any particular color.

You find a red ring in the pile just barely large enough to fit onto your giant talons and slip it on. Your mind is overcome with rage for a brief moment as the ring fuses with your heart and mind, and your veins swell as your spoiled blood pours from your mouth and your silvery scales take on a slight reddish hue.

Put a gap under the loot in the chest and take it all to myself.
(Yukkuri aff: 6+3) Oh...

As Labcoat takes a long and ornate silver spear out of the chest, you snap your fingers and focus on the ground beneath the chest. A gaping hole in space opens up there, swallowing the chest whole before closing with a sound like a jet engine in reverse as you hear a faint locking sound inside your head. It's very impressive, but Labcoat just puts a palm to his face before pulling a small metal device from his pocket and pushing a button on it.

"Well, I don't know what's more ridiculous. You managing to steal an entire chest of holding, or me having to use that absurd backup plan in which I detonate every explosive weapon in the chest of holding at once in order to prevent people from breaking that one weapon per person rule. Still, I guess you're good enough with magic that you don't really need a weapon, do you?"

((Your items and statuses will be kept up to date in the second post))
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:05:35 am by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2013, 04:23:02 am »

This is a quite peculiar item. Mayhaps you could describe its function? Also, might I ask as to your name? And what exactly is the Eternal Sabbath? Sorry for all the questions, but I feel that I have an urge to understand. Perhaps I was, as I believe you call it, a scientist, in my previous life.
Continue up the slope, and if labcoat doesn't tell me what the book does, begin randomly arranging the rocks.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2013, 06:56:25 am »

"I like these."

Walk up the slope
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2013, 09:03:58 am »

"Come on, did you have to try and take the whole chest? What if it was supposed to pop up later for upgrades or something? Whatever. Let's get going!"

Oh well. The hatted adventurer nods appreciatively. This arming sword looks like it'll be perfect for him! Take point as everyone heads up the slope. We don't want something bad to happen to the dragon who went up ahead, do we?
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2013, 03:24:54 am »

RAAAGGGHHHH That's no good.
TASTE YOUR PAIN WHELP. Create a first dimension cosmic string and concentrate the full force of the explosion into labcoat's face!

TASTE YOUR PAIN WHELP. Create a first dimension cosmic string and concentrate the full force of the explosion into labcoat's face!
Try to stop this from happening.
He's one of our best sources of information and, until recently, equipment in this world. Killing him would be foolhardy.

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO
KILLTHEMBOTHBREAKTHEMALL
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 12:35:38 pm by stefmor90 »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2013, 04:03:25 am »

He's one of our best sources of information and, until recently, equipment in this world. Killing him would be foolhardy.

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2013, 04:16:41 am »

Grrr..... *roar*

Umbramanto releases his shadow breath in the direction of creatures in form of dark shadow cloud. When shadow touches them it starts becoming solid, paralyzing and then suffocating the creatures.
Rawr

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2013, 04:21:15 am »

Graaaaah! Ehehehehahaha! Now THIS is power!

Levitate self. Fly up hill.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Sabbath: Vile ANTagonists
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2013, 12:42:46 pm »

(Karnii speed: 5+1)
(Ace speed: 6+1)
(Fandango speed: 4+1)
(Yukkuri speed: 1)
(Umbramanto speed: 2)
(Xovaros speed: 3)
(Labcoat speed: 6)

"I like these."

Walk up the slope

You head up the rocky slope after your black dragon friend, and soon find him facing a group of six large ant-like creatures in front of a toppled stone pillar.

Quote from: Labcoat
Avoid being murdered by Yukkuri.
(Labcoat finesse: 4)
(Yukkuri reflexes: 1) Random.org doesn't seem to approve of your shenanigans
(Labcoat strength: 5)
(Labcoat affinity: 2+2)
(Yukkuri endurance: 3)

As Yukkuri begins to become enraged, Labcoat quickly whirls his spear around and sends the butt end crashing into the side of Yukkuri's head, sending her sprawling and knocking a tooth loose in the process.
"Look, I don't want to be the bad guy here, but I have to follow rules just like you guys do. One of them is to avoid dying, and if I have to kill you to ensure my survival, I will. Still, I'm not out for blood, so if you could just pretend that this never happened, I'd be happy to leave you alone for the rest of my stay here."

This is a quite peculiar item. Mayhaps you could describe its function? Also, might I ask as to your name? And what exactly is the Eternal Sabbath? Sorry for all the questions, but I feel that I have an urge to understand. Perhaps I was, as I believe you call it, a scientist, in my previous life.
Continue up the slope, and if labcoat doesn't tell me what the book does, begin randomly arranging the rocks.

Seeing as how Labcoat seems to have settled the problem himself, you decide to ask him a few questions.
"Well, I only designed a few bits of the weapons here, so I don't know too much. Still, that's probably a modular spellbook. You should be able to rearrange the objects inside in order to set it to different spells, and then close the book to cast them. I have no idea which patterns correspond to which spells though, so you'll just have to try things out until it works. As for my name, it's Lloyd Heath, although my superiors tend to call me Labcoat. Well, they actually call all of us technicians Labcoat. We've got a thing for calling people what they're wearing back at HQ. And while I've designed a couple of weapons, all I know about Endless Sabbath is that it's some sort of virtual vacation. They like to keep us technicians in the dark about the whole thing, so that our ideas are 100% original and unbiased. I guess I can see where they're coming from, but it still seems a little strange to me."

The two of you then head up the hill to find Umbramanto and Ace near a group of ant-like beasts in front of a fallen stone spire.

"Come on, did you have to try and take the whole chest? What if it was supposed to pop up later for upgrades or something? Whatever. Let's get going!"

Oh well. The hatted adventurer nods appreciatively. This arming sword looks like it'll be perfect for him! Take point as everyone heads up the slope. We don't want something bad to happen to the dragon who went up ahead, do we?

Well, Ace, Karnii, and Lloyd have already started up the mountain, so you don't so much take point as you do follow behind them. Still, you arrive only moments after they do, to find Umbramanto doing battle with a group of six creatures which look like enormous black ants.

Graaaaah! Ehehehehahaha! Now THIS is power!

Levitate self. Fly up hill.

You let out a sound that's half maniacal laugh and half draconic roar before floating up to join the rest of the party, who seem to be fighting a group of black ants the size of dogs.

Grrr..... *roar*

Umbramanto releases his shadow breath in the direction of creatures in form of dark shadow cloud. When shadow touches them it starts becoming solid, paralyzing and then suffocating the creatures.
(Umbramanto affinity: 3+2)
(Umbramanto aim: 6+1)

(Bulldog ant 1 reflexes: 3)
(Bulldog ant 1 endurance: 3)

(Bulldog ant 2 reflexes: 5)
(Bulldog ant 2 endurance: 2)

(Bulldog ant 3 reflexes: 4)
(Bulldog ant 3 endurance: 3)

With a deafening roar, you exhale a cloud of black vapor which completely engulfs three of the ants, making an awful sound like the grating of metal sheets. The darkness churns violently for a few seconds before it dissipates, leaving two of the ants running about aimlessly and one of them stone dead. You feel a small surge of power wash over you, but you don't have much time to question this as the remaining three ants all lunge at you.

(Bulldog ant 4 finesse: 6)
(Umbramanto reflexes: 2)
(Bulldog ant 4 strength: 3+1)
(Umbramanto endurance: 4+1)

(Bulldog ant 5 finesse: 1)
(Umbramanto reflexes: 3)

(Bulldog ant 6 finesse: 4)
(Umbramanto reflexes: 3)
(Bulldog ant 6 strength: 5+1)
(Umbramanto endurance: 3+1)

One of the ants misses you completely, and another glances off of you leaving only minor scratches, but the third climbs halfway up your leg before delivering a nasty bone-deep bite, its mandibles shearing right through your scales and flesh.

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO
KILLTHEMBOTHBREAKTHEMALL

Lloyd's blow managed to knock you out for a few seconds, and as you come to your senses, you notice that the rest of the party has all started climbing the mountain. You've still got a splitting headache, but you still manage to pull yourself to your feet despite the pain and double-vision.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2013, 12:53:51 pm »

Arrange the stones in a line and close the book

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2013, 12:55:21 pm »

Ahaha... Blegh. You really don't know when to stop, you labcoat you. Sure I'll join you, but you talk too much. Don't worry, you'll be out soon enough.

Transport labcoat to the storage dimension. Even if unsuccessful, travel in some random direction not up the mountain.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 01:04:54 pm by stefmor90 »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2013, 12:59:12 pm »

Open fire upon the ants
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2013, 01:29:28 pm »

Arrange the stones in a line and close the book

You've got 9 of them in a 5x5 grid, so a single line isn't really possible.

O___O
_O_O_
__O__
_O_O_
O___O

If the Os represent stones, that's how they are right now.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2013, 01:43:55 pm »

Ah. In that case, I'll arrange them like so:
__O__
__O__
OOOOO
__O__
__O__

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7