Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: Dfhack: Rendermax (and it's subplugin light)  (Read 150704 times)

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dfhack: Rendermax (and it's subplugin light)
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2014, 12:18:26 am »

Don't mean to sound impatient but any estimates as to when the next update will be? That screenshot of adventure mode is really exciting for me, it breathes some life into it.
Well i was thinking of waiting for new dfhack release. Not sure when that will happen. I'll try to compile a version myself (though windows only probably)

Are we sure there will ever be a new dfhack release, especially with a new DF release being months imminent?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2014, 01:09:57 am »

r4 is getting skipped, r5 is close. I don't know how the new version of DF would interrupt these plans, but I don't think it's likely to happen that soon.

Hello. I think it's time for a status update!

I'm not dead... yet :D

The past year, I've been busy with finishing university, getting a job, MultiMC5, having a job and MultiMC5 some more. DFHack and any other related activities just went out of the window.

Anyway, today I've started making some changes.
  • DFHack and related projects are now under a github organization, with me, angavrilov and Quietust: https://github.com/DFHack - this should allow more people than just me to make releases.
  • Releases will be moved from my site back to github. I've already begun doing that.
  • Release 4 for 0.34.11 will be entirely skipped. I'm pretty sure I've done no builds of it, so they are all 'unofficial'. It's chaotic. I will salvage whatever changelog information I can from it and move on.
  • I will begin merging in changes and work towards Release 5. This might take a week or two, because I still have a job and a MultiMC5 to worry about ;)
  • I'm getting a Mac! So we might even have proper OSX support. If not in r5, then surely in r6.

I'll try to answer any PMs sent up to this point now.

Unless you think there's something in the many thread pages I'm skipping right now that I should *really* know about, I'll skip them. There's just too many to read :)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Bo-Rufus CMVII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2014, 07:38:55 am »

I just gitcloned your whole fork of dfhack to build.  For future reference, would it work to just clone your stuff into the "vanilla dfhack" plugins/ directory and add the rendermax stuff to CMakeLists?
For the record...

I finally got peterix's dfhack to build with gcc 4.6 (notes posted in the r3 thread), put rendermax source in the plugins/ directory, and added the rendermax lines to CMakeLists.  To make it build I had to:

a) add 'class' after 'friend' in renderer_light.cpp

b) include cmath rather than math.h in renderer_opengl.hpp

However, I get several pages of warnings, some scary.  And it doesn't work: 'load rendermax' followed by 'rendermax light' doesn't do anything in the game, revvs up the CPU usage, and never returns to the dfhack prompt.

I may have to go back to playing on Windows... also can't get DT to work after a system upgrade.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2014, 07:42:44 am »

I'll try to fire up my linux, and see it builds. Though it might have more success if based on r4. Also i'm currently trying to tidy up my repo for incoming changes/release of r5.

Bo-Rufus CMVII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2014, 01:02:14 pm »

Is there a place where I can check out r4 or r5?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2014, 01:14:41 pm »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #171 on: February 15, 2014, 06:56:41 pm »

Can rendermax be modified to add a hue to the game that fits the season? Something like a changed color scheme, but without the need to restart the game every time the season changes.

Happier, more saturated colors in spring, maybe some brighter slightly yellow summer, some greyish-reddishness in autumn, and cold-blueish in winter? It could add a lot more atmosphere. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 16, 2014, 07:33:34 am »

Can rendermax be modified to add a hue to the game that fits the season? Something like a changed color scheme, but without the need to restart the game every time the season changes.

Happier, more saturated colors in spring, maybe some brighter slightly yellow summer, some greyish-reddishness in autumn, and cold-blueish in winter? It could add a lot more atmosphere. :)
You mean sun? yes it could be.

Also uploaded r4 version of rendermax for linux.
Edit: Updated r4 for windows too
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 07:47:59 am by Warmist »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2014, 07:45:31 am »

Sun? I dont mean day/night cycles, but I saw a suggestion by someone for vanilla DF that the color scheme should change between seasons to visually show the season a bit more. I know that wont work without restarting the game, but I thought Rendermax could simulate that. Just adding a cold hue for winter and a warm hue for summer for example.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2014, 07:48:11 am »

Sun? I dont mean day/night cycles, but I saw a suggestion by someone for vanilla DF that the color scheme should change between seasons to visually show the season a bit more. I know that wont work without restarting the game, but I thought Rendermax could simulate that. Just adding a cold hue for winter and a warm hue for summer for example.
Yeah it's possible.

Freak2121

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2014, 05:37:49 pm »

Checked it out and it's great! It's just a shame advmode isn't functional. :(
Thanks for uploading it! :D

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2014, 12:13:43 am »

Checked it out and it's great! It's just a shame advmode isn't functional. :(
Thanks for uploading it! :D
New version should have functioning advmode. Not sure what you meant by that.

Freak2121

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2014, 12:24:56 am »

Weird, enabling it freezes my display (though the game still takes inputs and the display refreshes on alt-tab) and then crashes after a short while.

Edit: It might be my DFHack, I'll try recompiling.
Even that isn't working now :(
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 10:55:35 pm by Freak2121 »

Freak2121

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2014, 11:22:09 pm »

Right, managed to get DFHack compiling. Still get the same issue. I'll go through everything I do, if that'll be any help.

I start up DF, it's normal.

I type "rendermax light" into DFHack

I type "rendermax lua" into DFHack, this usually makes the display refresh only on alt tabbing.

If I type "rendermax light" again, that happens.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 18, 2014, 12:23:28 am »

Hmm should have removed that "rendermax lua" probably. It's not being worked on anymore. Try "rendermax trippy" or "rendermax truecolor" they are a simplest thing that you can check to see if it works at all. I think it works but it might have the settings wrong or something...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20