Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Dfhack: Rendermax (and it's subplugin light)  (Read 150738 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Dfhack: Rendermax (and it's subplugin light)
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2013, 09:24:10 pm »

Maybe make workshops glow either on every tile, or only on the work-tile, or on tile specified in the config. All tiles is probably easiest and works just fine.

I would really like to make forges and custom workshops glow a bit, but it looks odd if you have only the top-left corner glowing.

EDIT:
ret.items={}
ret.creatures={}
Oh... AWESOME :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 03:22:08 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2013, 05:10:42 am »

I remembered that items are a bit hard to detect when they are worn, etc... Was hoping to detect them with flags (and have 0 overhead) but apparently it uses one flag for everything. So currently it's just onGround or not on ground :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2013, 05:17:38 am »

Thats fine by me. I just wanted to have unstockpileable items called "fire" or "burning torch" anyway. They wither away, so after 2 weeks its "withered fire" and after 4 weeks its gone.

Same thing for my "gem of light". Its white light, and if you touch it, it generates a withering item of the wanted color. So dwarves have reactions like "turn gem yellow" or "turn gem red", and the item makes the fitting color. :)

At least thats the plan. I did write the raws at some point, but items were not supported... guess I have to go looking for them again.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2013, 05:31:04 am »

Thats fine by me. I just wanted to have unstockpileable items called "fire" or "burning torch" anyway. They wither away, so after 2 weeks its "withered fire" and after 4 weeks its gone.

Same thing for my "gem of light". Its white light, and if you touch it, it generates a withering item of the wanted color. So dwarves have reactions like "turn gem yellow" or "turn gem red", and the item makes the fitting color. :)

At least thats the plan. I did write the raws at some point, but items were not supported... guess I have to go looking for them again.
Fill up the minecart with various coloured gem lights and make a minecart-shotgun :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2013, 05:55:29 am »

So that I can puke rainbows at invaders?  :D

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2013, 06:53:24 am »

So that I can puke rainbows at invaders?  :D
That too, also fireworks. Oh i just remembered that projectiles probably don't glow :/

The_Force

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2013, 09:57:57 am »

I've discovered a bug, dwarves no longer give light after they have been to sleep.

ThaMuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2013, 10:36:48 am »

Pertaining to buildings:
It would be nice to be able to spawn multiple lightsources on a building, with differing offsets to define where they are located.
I have not looked at the source yet, so I don't know how possible this would be.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #128 on: January 01, 2014, 06:13:24 am »

I just got a error messages from Rendermax:

Invalid custom building:CHANDLER

First one is about this line: addBuilding("Workshop:Custom:CHANDLER",{1,1,1},{0.9,0.75,0.3},8)
The thing is, I do have a chandler in the raws. [BUILDING_WORKSHOP:CHANDLER]. The only source could be that it is not enabled in the entity I am currently playing. Is that the case? Does Rendermax read them out from the entity file, not the building files? That would mean I can only have buildings that glow, if I enable them for all races.

Could you give some examples for use of items? Does it only work with item type, like WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_TORCH, or can I also add material, like WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_TORCH:INORGANIC:FIRE_RED ?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:17:48 am by Meph »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 01, 2014, 06:24:30 am »

first one: are you sure it's not "chandelier"?
Second one addItem should be item, e.g. PLANT. And then add flag "useMaterial" and add material as light emmitting. Though maybe i'll add some way to specify that just this item with this material glows...
Code: [Select]
addMaterial("PLANT:CATTAIL",{1,1,1},{1,1,1},4) -- this means that cattail structural material will glow.
addItem("PLANT",nil,nil,nil,{"useMaterial","onGround","hauling"}) --now plants will try to glow if they have material defined

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #130 on: January 01, 2014, 06:48:29 am »

You are always so quick with the answer. :)

But addItem("PLANT",nil,nil,nil,{"useMaterial","onGround","hauling"}) means ALL plants. Not just the subtype I want, correct? Or would only the ones glow that I previously listed under "addMaterial" ?

I tried this:
Code: [Select]
addMaterial("PLANT:GLOW_RED",{1,0,0},{1,0,0},50)
addItem("PLANT",nil,nil,0,{"useMaterial","onGround"})

It shows no error message, so thats fine, but the created plants in the workshop do not glow. And my FPS hit rock bottom with <10. ^^

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 01, 2014, 06:52:43 am »

try to dump the plane, "onGround" means only on ground. Also yes addItem will mean that ALL plants will look for material to glow

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 01, 2014, 05:11:57 pm »

Currently what i don't like that the light falls off too fast imho. Maybe a hdr mode? Like having sunlight 1000 or something that big and simulating eyes getting saturated (no values over 1 displayed) and renormalized (like reading from lcd is impossible in sunlight, so lava would not appear to glow in sunlight)...
yeah. when i tried, basically, u have to place some light in every room corner and somehow (grated lava under floor) light up all corridors. too dark everywhere otherwise :(

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 01, 2014, 10:03:39 pm »

Currently what i don't like that the light falls off too fast imho. Maybe a hdr mode? Like having sunlight 1000 or something that big and simulating eyes getting saturated (no values over 1 displayed) and renormalized (like reading from lcd is impossible in sunlight, so lava would not appear to glow in sunlight)...
yeah. when i tried, basically, u have to place some light in every room corner and somehow (grated lava under floor) light up all corridors. too dark everywhere otherwise :(
I'm a bit torn about this, my original idea was to add lights into df so that you would have reason to do magma piping and skylights (also that underwater forts would look cool, and colored lights...). So i'm not yet sure if it's enough to play with the variables (and add more light sources like meph does) or some more fancy logic is needed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #134 on: January 01, 2014, 10:27:57 pm »

I am ok with how much/little light there is. Surface looks fine, caverns look glorious, magmalake and hell look awesome, and the fort itself: Build custom workshops that make light. Thats the point. ^^
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20