Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 394170 times)

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Urist Lamkalallibash]
« Reply #2055 on: September 21, 2013, 09:50:42 pm »

Lightly touch the slime to see if it does something, if not pick up the ice and see if it has any characteristics different from normal ice (Heavier, lighter, stronger, etc…) if nothing seems different hurl the ice against the wall.
First spell had an unclear result, but the slime word is Noviski.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 10:00:54 pm by Vakothu »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: September 21, 2013, 10:03:17 pm »

Enter the Grand Chamber.

"Greetings! I will grant you a gift!"

"Umbilig Putriddle Ustrint Madingl!"

"How do you like that? Now then...

"Bulg Haustiver!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: September 21, 2013, 10:06:34 pm »

((So are we going to have a battle between aliens riding a steel moose, and a dwarven dwarf?

Also, Toaster. Would this be a good idea to allow players to choose their spawning positions?))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: September 21, 2013, 10:18:20 pm »

That'd be a pretty cool fight.

Letting players choose where to spawn is interesting, but has a couple issues.  When do they spawn relative to the death of the prior player?  If "instantly" as it is now, then you have to wait for those players to choose a spawn location.  If "Next turn" then there's the chances of other players moving/acting to screw with that.  I prefer the flow of just picking a safe-ish spot and letting them go.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: September 21, 2013, 10:19:40 pm »

((Does fall damage even affect arcane people?))

do stuff.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: September 21, 2013, 11:00:34 pm »

RIGHT! TIME TO PREPARE.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: September 21, 2013, 11:05:08 pm »

do stuff.

There's one way to find out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: September 21, 2013, 11:05:41 pm »

do stuff.

There's one way to find out.
Push someone else off a cliff?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: September 21, 2013, 11:06:00 pm »

Now you're thinking with violence.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: September 21, 2013, 11:23:52 pm »

That'd be a pretty cool fight.

Letting players choose where to spawn is interesting, but has a couple issues.  When do they spawn relative to the death of the prior player?  If "instantly" as it is now, then you have to wait for those players to choose a spawn location.  If "Next turn" then there's the chances of other players moving/acting to screw with that.  I prefer the flow of just picking a safe-ish spot and letting them go.
((Uh, when the players reach the top five in the waitlist, send them a pm to send you a pm of their spawn location? I never said to make the spawn location public.

And the reason I'm bringing this up, is that if we've got a lot of dangerous stuff going that are not the players, we might have a problem a players spawning right next to a murderous magma-shooting aliens. Although it's a solvable problem even without changing anything.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Killllllllll FRENZY!]
« Reply #2065 on: September 22, 2013, 03:59:25 am »

Sarzael:  Did you re-waitlist?  I don't have you down.
Yeah i should be in the list with same name and stats 6 dext 1 pot 2 channel. Im pretty sure i said this some time ago.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 04:02:16 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: September 22, 2013, 08:23:05 am »

Yeah i should be in the list with same name and stats 6 dext 1 pot 2 channel. Im pretty sure i said this some time ago.

6 Dex? That's some fine physicality you got there. :P
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2068 on: September 22, 2013, 08:47:11 am »

6 Dex? That's some fine physicality you got there. :P
Dexterity is used to aim spells, causing a contrary roll. Dexterity is just as neccesary, if not more, as potency. Avoiding is an extra.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: September 22, 2013, 12:31:36 pm »

Try once more to turn myself into octiron. (Jupedem Ofactidio Pioncale)

Then, to the dwarf, Zazievale Iker.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 198