Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: That is what i call a nice ISP deal  (Read 3031 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
That is what i call a nice ISP deal
« on: July 12, 2013, 03:33:34 am »

So in the past, some might have known i had one hell of a connection speed, it was 250mb/50mb.

http://speedtest.net/result/2166286323.png

Well... the download speed was overkill... i never ever been able to find anyone or any company/game provider being able to fill that speed up when downloading, i also had a 50upload speed, well here its only 36 because i was sharing some files with somebody else during the test.

Now i had some technical difficulties recently and i fought the ISP i had and after countless hours spent on the phone being called liar because they said it was impossible that i had that speed and prooving i was right and bla bla bla, details, lemme present you my NEW speed.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2831750031.png

How much does it cost me? Im quite sure that the question everyone is asking right now, well.... beware... it cost me about 60$ including taxes and ILLIMITED!!!! download cap, wich mean i can download and upload all i want for 60$ a month. With some perseverance and good case i won that. Now instead of making anyone jalous or anything, im offering this community the chance to have a private FTP space, 2 account, one admin to upload files to the FTP and one with public access no password for download only. Want to share this awesome music piece you wrote and filmed but dont want a youtube account? Well i can offer you a very high speed server with a near 99% uptime.

You must understand tho this is my private computer and downtime can be unexpected as i do updates and the like. I am not charging anyone but donation are welcomed. All i ask you is to send me a private message and i will reply with what i need from you. Also for those who are afraid that i might disapear in the wind with your files, unless i get a total HD failure i have a backup plan to give you back your files should you need it and everything will be disclosed by PM should you request some space.

I wish you all a very nice day!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: That is what i call a nice ISP deal
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 06:35:01 am »

Posts like this make people think you're a bot and make me want to send desu spam to your inbox.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 06:44:56 am »

I am so tired of my 10/10 (I used to have 100/100 before I moved). Only reason I have it is becasue it comes free with the rent. Luckily an ISP that services my area offers 1000/1000 which I will be getting when Uni starts up again and I start getting some cash.

EDIT: Whoops it's 1000/100.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 06:46:40 am by Aptus »

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 07:06:25 am »

*obligatory post about how shitty my internet is*

That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 07:08:48 am »

*obligatory post about how shitty my internet is*

I feel your pain bro. Mine is only a tiny bit better (4 mb download 0.5 mb upload) but internet provider messes up stuff regulary and i have internet cutoffs frequently.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 07:32:53 am »

Now I feel jealous. Although mine is unlimited and I get mine for free*.

*University.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 10:01:22 am »

The slow internet in this apartment complex is killing Wolfeyez and I.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 04:04:48 pm »

Posts like this make people think you're a bot and make me want to send desu spam to your inbox.
That because i mostly hang in the other game section of the forum, but since it wasnt really the place for it i came here and most of you dont know me :).
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 04:12:19 pm »

I'd also point out that they seem to do something weird when it comes to the connection speeds with that site. I don't get anywhere near the kind of speed it says I should, and a lot of other people seem to confirm this. I suspect through one form of shenanigans or another it only actually checks the potential speed of your connection, and your connection is typically capped somewhere much lower.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 04:13:15 pm »

Mind you, I have a speed limit on my router (because there are as many as 4 computers (sometimes even 5) at one time, and everyone wants to have his share :P) so the actual cap might be higher.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:14:58 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 04:19:17 pm »

I'd also point out that they seem to do something weird when it comes to the connection speeds with that site. I don't get anywhere near the kind of speed it says I should, and a lot of other people seem to confirm this. I suspect through one form of shenanigans or another it only actually checks the potential speed of your connection, and your connection is typically capped somewhere much lower.

Many ISPs throttle, meaning that while you may get that speed for the duration of the test and elsewhere in bursts, once you've been using your speed for more than a dozen seconds they'll drop the hammer and stick a strict cap on your speeds. It's often claimed to be to punish filesharers, but it effects anyone who streams video or plays games online or otherwise has large downloads as well.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 04:25:22 pm »

Many ISPs throttle, meaning that while you may get that speed for the duration of the test and elsewhere in bursts, once you've been using your speed for more than a dozen seconds they'll drop the hammer and stick a strict cap on your speeds. It's often claimed to be to punish filesharers, but it effects anyone who streams video or plays games online or otherwise has large downloads as well.
That is one of the reason why i won my case against them and got me that connection speed. In the past they said they werent trottling me but after doing some extensive tests with proof and all, that and multiple other situation that rose up like being charge when something was supposed to be free, changes in my plan without warning me, selling me and charging me for a service that wasnt in my region, i actually had everything i need to do real damage to them, so would that count as blackmail? or simply putting some sense into them and being compensated?

Anyway, again if any of you are interested i can offer free FTP space on my computer, one admin account to upload and download, and one public for download need should you want to share files with friends etc. Im placing a cap of 1gb on your account or a bit more if you really need it. Simply send me a PM with your request and i will reply with what i need from you such as email, account name you want etc.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 04:35:17 pm »

:/
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 04:37:35 pm »

I was getting 300kb/s DOWNLOAD when I had it through AT&T. I know you guys' pain, but switching to a local cable provider has been a big improvement. Still nowhere near OP's outrageous speeds :P

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 04:40:58 pm »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4