Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70

Author Topic: The Lonely Prince: He Who Shall Serve  (Read 190888 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Lonely Prince: He Who Shall Serve
« Reply #1020 on: October 15, 2013, 05:00:17 am »

I... kinda had a pet goal in mind, I wanted me and Tiruin to be the last two left ever since day 1.
Almost managed it too...

that pet project was the real reason i didn't even try to make a case against you Tiruin :P
P-pet? O_o
W-wait. You're a lily! You-..

To be honest, your flavor and backstory (as well as how your motive was presented) was simply brilliant--formatting and writing wise.
'Roots flowers dirt!'
Buuuut what did you mean back there?
Also I really hope nothing gets in between you and LS. The both of you are really cool dudes. :<

Quote from: Jim; Deadchat
In a flavor update, you should mention a locked door, and give it a little mystery about it, and see how long Tiruin spends trying to RP getting it open.
Aw, now that's just trying to future-guess me there. I had figured--sans the quicktopic--that the flavor was mostly as a spicy sprinkle on the top of this cake.

So I indulged, and despite the...morbidity of the situation (I did not see the squick coming.), wanted to make it better.

...Hopefully nobody drew bad assumptions on my personality on that? I mean, the story is good.

Edit: Oh gods am I being pretty loquacious with the typing.
Webadict's #178 @deadchat makes a really good point.
Physical horror? Hmm, plausible. But how the media runs it nowadays? Mehhh..

Psychological horror? That's where the going gets kicked and tumbled down a hill of weeds.

...Because the psyche hasn't been fully understood by science. It defines fear.

> On the note on the Prince's melancholy-I was talking about the Prince after everything had happened. Why he was being melancholic with Aurelius and all.

I must make my statements more time-defined.

Ok last edit for real:

I really hope I didn't fatigue you Vector, or did anything that you'd hold against me in my..actions.

Edit: Reading through it all-I did. I'm a horrible person. Why didn't anyone tell me.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 05:45:43 am by Tiruin »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: October 15, 2013, 05:17:14 am »

the same week as Night 1 began, in both other forum games were were active in together, what happened?
I killed you, directly or indirectly.
I was felt really guilty about it at the time, and I decided, then and there, that NOPE! NOT HAPPENING! NOT AGAIN!
so I decided that I was going to try to make you live to endgame.
scum can only win with an equal or smaller number of townies alive as them.
and since at the time, I thought that I had to be the last scum standing if I wanted to win...
well, I was only allowed to let one townie live to endgame.
so me as last scum standing, plus you as last townie standing, was my goal. I didn't care if I reached it from lylo by lynching <not you> or if I reached it from mylo by lynching <not you> then nking <other not you>.

Sorry, but I'm going to be avoiding Leaf for a while. nothing against those that associate with him, but I can't put up with him. Certain styles of deception I really cannot stand, and his preferred toolkit is loaded with them.

((minor communication detail since I think I understand your confusion, the phrase "pet project" has "project" used as a modifier to "pet", not "pet" as a modifier to "project". it's a project that someone keeps and uses and works on as a form of pet, simply for their own gratification, not about a project done specifically for a pet.))
EDIT: got that last part backwards, fixed now.

Edit: Oh gods am I being pretty loquacious with the typing.
Webadict's #178 @deadchat makes a really good point.
Physical horror? Hmm, plausible. But how the media runs it nowadays? Mehhh..

Psychological horror? That's where the going gets kicked and tumbled down a hill of weeds.

...Because the psyche hasn't been fully understood by science. It defines fear.
Eh, I partially disagree. The realization of being doomed is nowhere near as bad as when you might be doomed, but don't know if you are, but being fully aware that any second from now a blade could come scything out of nowhere to strike you down from behind, and every second you tarry increases the chances of it happening... and then in the darkness, you look to one side and see something that seems exactly like something you saw before, but you aren't sure, not without a closer look, and you don't dare waste time trying to find out.

the terror isn't in the knowing, it's in the NOT knowing. once you finally know and come to accept it, then it's easy enough to simply operate on spite. when you don't know but strongly suspect, and only have the faintest glimmer of hope, but that hope remains, is where the real terror lies. at least to me.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 05:44:56 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: October 15, 2013, 05:54:53 am »

I don't really know what to say.  You were scum and playing well, so I had to pull out all the stops to lynch you.  Usually people only get angry at me when I'm wrong

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: October 15, 2013, 06:24:37 am »

Wrong or right is irrelevant in this case. I actually admired your solution, and you earned your victory here with it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: October 15, 2013, 07:08:02 am »

Pigeon Birdy is pleased by this outcome.

Damn good flavor writing Vector.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: October 15, 2013, 08:54:49 am »

you pick lots of flowers from the garden to help the other girls with their reproductive strategies and promote the ROSE CLAN's interests

they will have a random ability they have used replenished since their improved evolutionary strategy will provide positive motivation

You have NO IDEA how badly I wanted to quote these two lines directly.  Leaf deserves props for figuring out that Lenglon's flavor claim was slight because she couldn't quote the "this is why I am scum" part.

Good game, and well written, though I didn't play very well.

Still reading flavor, by the way.  The parts I've read are quite enjoyable.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 15, 2013, 09:14:57 am »

you pick lots of flowers from the garden to help the other girls with their reproductive strategies and promote the ROSE CLAN's interests

they will have a random ability they have used replenished since their improved evolutionary strategy will provide positive motivation

You have NO IDEA how badly I wanted to quote these two lines directly. [...]
I was really really wondering what you were hinting back then. It was worth concealing until the end, though.
Leaf deserves all the props. I should watch manga more.

the same week as Night 1 began, in both other forum games were were active in together, what happened?
I killed you, directly or indirectly.
I was felt really guilty about it at the time, and I decided, then and there, that NOPE! NOT HAPPENING! NOT AGAIN!
so I decided that I was going to try to make you live to endgame.
scum can only win with an equal or smaller number of townies alive as them.
and since at the time, I thought that I had to be the last scum standing if I wanted to win...
well, I was only allowed to let one townie live to endgame.
so me as last scum standing, plus you as last townie standing, was my goal. I didn't care if I reached it from lylo by lynching <not you> or if I reached it from mylo by lynching <not you> then nking <other not you>.
D'aww :< It's different this time![/referencialjoke]
But yeah. You could've tried that, and then we would've tussled :D

I still wonder what would've happened if the scum outnumbered the town, or if in case I decided to... elope with Griffy. Would the former equal the hammer-endgame?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 15, 2013, 09:21:18 am »

Huh.  Okay, what's the tl;dr on who won?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 15, 2013, 09:35:01 am »

Anyone who has a green name in the OP won.

The mafia did have a tough job.  They had to make up a lot of flavour and try to conceal the puzzle.  Then again, numbers wise the town was at a disadvantage, and we were lucky to lose all three third parties before they caused a problem.

I can see how the mod error on N3 arose - the mafiachat was somewhat ambiguous.  In future it would be best to require all actions to be clearly bolded.  That said, Vector should have told webadict the rules regarding mod errors at that point.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 15, 2013, 10:34:29 am »

Good game— I think I'd have enjoyed trying to figure out the puzzles. Survivors are such an anti-game role, there was no real incentive for me to make any waves.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 15, 2013, 10:57:02 am »

Beautiful. More adoration coming, when I'm not on a mobile device.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 15, 2013, 11:08:37 am »

What was that PM about Tiruin that Griffionday received?  Hindsight 20/20 and all that, but the description is rather... ducky.  Derp, forgot his inspect was per phase.  What if Tiruin had died first?

How would the ending have changed if the Young Prince had survived?

I approve of Lenglon's Jim-kill flavor.

Also, quack quack.

Vektor - In Lenglon's case, would that be "Love and Photosynthesis"?

Glad I wasn't the only one who made this connection!

I have to say that I'm very uncomfortable with the game balance (there are some power interactions I was relying on that have just not synthesized, and I'm feeling a little bit bad for a couple people)

I'm curious what you meant here.

Griff in deadchat #46 raises an interesting point- who, really IS a threat to the prince?

I have a hard time trusting Leafsnail after Prince's Guard.

And a stellar scum and dead chat.  Especially later dead chat.

Finally, Mad Scientist Mafia better be a thing.

(Tiruin:  You do have a tendency to insist on following every single possible tiniest little thread of info.  It's what Leaf here and me in other games mean by endless repetition.  You should become a detective IRL, because you simply won't let up.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 15, 2013, 11:12:12 am »

Most especially: How would the ending be if all scum survived and killed every one of us? Same for Jin.

(Tiruin:  You do have a tendency to insist on following every single possible tiniest little thread of info.  It's what Leaf here and me in other games mean by endless repetition.  You should become a detective IRL, because you simply won't let up.)
I've done a bad thing and sorry >_< was just trying to ensure that I jive with my intuition...which then came out blank until I reread everything and noticed the subtlest of gaps in Lenglon's prods..but didn't want to call her out directly on it because...well, I did feel like she was under enough pressure and the gaps in her replies were..that!

Sorry..

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 15, 2013, 11:15:52 am »

It's not really a bad thing- it can just get old if you end up on the wrong side of it.  It's not like I avoid you or anything (because you're a cool kid and all that.)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 15, 2013, 12:58:00 pm »

Anyone who has a green name in the OP won.

The mafia did have a tough job.  They had to make up a lot of flavour and try to conceal the puzzle.  Then again, numbers wise the town was at a disadvantage, and we were lucky to lose all three third parties before they caused a problem.

I can see how the mod error on N3 arose - the mafiachat was somewhat ambiguous.  In future it would be best to require all actions to be clearly bolded.  That said, Vector should have told webadict the rules regarding mod errors at that point.
Actually, everyone won, since the game was sufficiently broken by mod error.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70