Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Crazy D&D Stories  (Read 51602 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Crazy D&D Stories
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2013, 04:56:01 pm »

My brother is a D&D crazy story by itself.

"You're the rogue! Look for traps!"
"But what if they kill me!?"
"YOU ARE THE ROGUE! IT'S YOUR JOB!"
"I don't want to anyway!"
"Do it."
"I don't even have health insurance."
"You know what, you're right," *cleric casts command* "Run along the corridor, NOW!"

Five traps later, and the rogue was dead.
"Now we need another meat shield," the cleric remarked.
"Let's get a few villagers and be done with it," the barbarian said. "They make good meatshields."
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2013, 05:22:48 pm »

Post to Watch.

In regards to that RPG Do Not List, my favorite paladin weapon is actually the sledgehammer :P. I played a good bit of Warcraft 3.

For some good roleplaying stories, I suggest the Counter Monkey series by SpoonyOne.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 05:52:40 pm by Remuthra »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2013, 04:46:03 am »

Ok.... I hate my group....

Today we did a simple encounter as part of the Pathfinder Kingmaker's Adventure Path...

The Scene is that of the Radish Patch, 4 Kobolds are relaxing after Gouging themselves on the Radishes.
Before Battle/Surprise Round
Cleric: I WANT TO FORCE FEED THEM MORE!!!
Me: What...?
Cleric: I want to pin one down and continue to stuff Radishes into their mouth...
Me: Ok...........

Moments later, the Fighter gets Flanked but the Cleric and Ranger quickly take care of the Kobolds, the Fighter is actually paying half attention due to playing other games on the side.
Me: Fighter, your turn...
Fighter: (Rolls to Attack)
Me: What are you attacking? The Kobolds are dead...
Fighter: Opps I wasn't paying attention, I'll just mov.....
Me: Nope. Roll for Damage, your going to start Mincing the Corpse...
Fighter: OK!!!
Me: The Remaining Kobold noticed your attack against his fallen friends, he empties his meal as he shits himself...

Next round.
Fighter: I TURN AROUND AND MINCE THE OTHER ONE!!!
Group: (Resume laughter)

EDIT::

The players meet Bokken, A crazy Hermit Potion Maker. Bokken can make any Potion up to level 2.

Cleric: Can I request a Potion of Create Water
Me Trying not to laugh while speaking rapidly (RP): "SURE!!!", Bokken walks over towards what looks to be a Rainbarrel, grabs a Vial, dips it into the barrel, spins around holding the vial of water in front of him... "50GP!!!"
Cleric: I stand up, "Great we will take it", looks to the Ranger, "Pay the man," then promptly walks out of the hut...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 05:52:08 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2013, 05:53:32 am »

Reading the tg forum story, so awesome. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2013, 04:25:13 am »

So, I had my group write their characters view of the events of the last encounter we had, it was one of the major ones in the Adventure Paths, so I thought it would be a nice way of them getting a bit more into character...

Here is one...
Told from the Clerics PoV.
Stumpy - Dwarven Ranger
Jarvis - Half Orc Fighter, When Rolled a Crit he is considered Bloodlusted, if not Brawling must Brawl the closest Target.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2013, 06:21:12 pm »

The Scene is that of the Radish Patch, 4 Kobolds are relaxing after Gouging themselves on the Radishes.
I can't help but imagine a bunch of kobolds stabbing themselves with vegetables.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2013, 07:25:01 am »

3.5e, Forgotten Realms campaign setting.

Sir Markus Kassul the Third was a son of a sorcerer, grandson of a sorcerer, and very, very poor at magic. After only mastering the most basic of spells, he found he could progress no further and took to learning swordplay from his father's bodyguard, to the embarrassment of his family. Figuring his son would come to his senses if he got the adventuring out of his system, his father allows the young boy to travel and experience the world, take a few hard lessons and realize the folly of his fantasies.

Unfortunately for him, he fell into the company of a band of adventurers as they were hot on the heels of tracking a cult of the dead god Myrkul, intent on reviving their evil deity. He traveled in their company to a remote location deep in the Evermoors where they had tracked a slaving ring before he realized his mistake. Foolishly he decided the wisest course of action would be to make a fast retreat to Silverymoon upon starting to receive supernatural visions compelling him in that direction instead. Bidding his allies farewell, he set off alone across an undead infested swamp.

Travelling cautiously availed him poorly, for he was set upon several times by wild creatures. However, upon the border of the swamplands, he met his worst fear: three shambling corpses stood arrayed before him, their life long having fled their bodies. However, these are no ordinary undead. They are the spawn of Myrkul!

The creatures have zombie stats except for 2 differences: a fear aura, will negates, and a free action ranged touch attack to inflict a worm that spends 1d4 +1 rounds burrowing under the skin, then enters the brain and slowly drains 1d3 intelligence per round until the player becomes a mindless zombie themselves. The worm can be killed by inflicting 1 point of damage to it before it enters the brain.

Our poor Markus reacts slowly to the advancing horrors, and two get the jump on him, one spitting a worm that strikes him in the face, the second attacking his horse. Both Markus and his steed fail their will saves against the creatures and flee in total terror. Within seconds, the worm that struck Markus has crawled under his skin and burrowed to the rear of his head, burning pain wracking his body as the creature burrows into his skull. By the time Markus recovers from his terror, it's too late.

DM: "As the haze of terror lifts, the burning agony you've been feeling ceases. Suddenly, you feel no more pain."

Markus: "I reach around to feel the back of my head."

DM: "You feel a hole, about the size of your finger, that penetrates through your skull. There's a trickle of fluid leaking from it." *dice rolls* "You also feel your mind start to cloud and thinking becomes difficult for you as you lose one point of intelligence. What do you do?"

Markus: "I attempt to use Mage Hand to pull the worm out of the hole."

DM: "Okay, make a Spellcraft check, DC 25."

Markus: *dice rolls* "I fail."

DM: "Your spell discharges and you attempt to pull the creature from the hole, but you are unable to get a grip on it. At the start of your next turn... *dice rolls* "you lose another two points of intelligence. What do you do?"

Markus: *suddenly flicking through character sheet* "Um, I'd like to command Sarah to go inside the hole and grab the worm."

DM: "Your familiar?"

Markus: "Yes."

DM: "What sort of familiar do you have?"

Markus: "A tiny viper."

DM: "Okay, make a diplomacy roll to convince your familiar to enter your skull, DC 15."

Markus: *dice rolls* "I make the DC by 1 point."

DM: "Your familiar Sarah, against her better judgement but out of willingness to save your life, enters the hole created by the worm. Given the lack of any indication where the worm is and extremely confined space available, I'll need you to make an attack roll for your familiar against the worm, AC 30."

Markus: *dice rolls* "My familiar rolls a natural 20."

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2013, 07:29:28 am »

I can't help but imagine a bunch of kobolds stabbing themselves with vegetables.
Did I use the wrong word? No... I don't think I did... (Quick check later) No I didn't...

gorging  present participle of gorge
Verb
Eat a large amount greedily; fill oneself with food: "we used to go to all the little restaurants and gorge ourselves".

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2013, 07:56:25 am »

You wrote gouging Neyvn :P

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2013, 08:31:17 am »

So earlier this month, me and my group did a one-shot of Tomb of Horrors.

Having been playing a lot of Dwarf Fortress recently, I decided to roleplay as a DF dorf.

Surprisingly, neither Urist Cattenum the Zephyr Pear of Battle nor his pet cat Kivish Gatizmostib died, though like a proper dorf, as soon as one of his comrades bit the dust, he went running to loot their socks. Or he would have if someone had actually died. He also threw a tantrum (aka started attacking everything in sight) when the party's barbarian's talking axe started making fun of him.

Urist was essential for our groups' trap checking strategy, which was so thorough that there was not a single death in the dungeon (and the tomb's first part took about 12 hours to run), as he had 3(!) bags of tricks, from which he pulled a variety of small animals, which were subsequently sent down various dark corridors to check for traps, or, in the case of the very first animal he pulled from the bag, a badger, to dig out the entrance to the tomb of horrors.

The best moment in the entire game might be when one such small animal, a bat, discovered one of the tomb's most infamous traps, AKA the sphere of annihilation in the Balor's mouth.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2013, 08:56:02 am »

A friend in my group is a half orc berserker and has int of 4. He took up a hobby of attempting to kick down any door he sees, locked or not, often resulting in the door caving in and sometimes hitting whats in the dungeon(DM made rules because he thought it was awesome, and the monsters are usually kobolds). So we changed his name from La farge to 'Doorbane'. So we have taken to calling him doorbane.

Also there was the time where he kicked in a door, got a natural 20 on a kobold, and he promptly became  a stain across the dungeon floor. That was memorable.
Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2013, 09:04:40 pm »

Posting to watch, this is too funny!  :P

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2013, 11:34:23 pm »

You wrote gouging Neyvn :P
HOLY SHIT I DID TO!!!

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2013, 04:34:22 am »

Urist was essential for our groups' trap checking strategy, which was so thorough that there was not a single death in the dungeon (and the tomb's first part took about 12 hours to run), as he had 3(!) bags of tricks

Silly Urist. Trix are for kids!

Another story came to mind. I was GMing Shadowrun. My players were in a club of "totally upfront businessmen" who were totally not masically disguised ghouls bent on eating whoever stumbles inside. Shots fell and many, many ghouls died.

The leader of the racket, a super-fast Nosferatu did a number on the players, however and wasn't one to die easily. In a desperate final attempt before his death Phil, the worst ladies' man you'd ever find because he hits on every woman he sees with the grace of an atomic bomb in an origami zoo but who was not successful once in his conquests, threw his gun.

You see, Phil was not a very good shot. He was not a mage. Not exceptionally strong or intelligent. He focused on Edge. In Shadowrun, Edge is a stat that signifies pretty much everything from dumb luck to "that special something destiny" gives you. He used it as dumb luck. About to die, with nothing but an empty gun and one point of edge left, he uses that to boost his throwing skill, adding another seven dice to the piddling two he had for throwing and threw his gun at the nosferatu's crotch. Now, when you spend edge to boost your roll a special rule comes into effect: If you roll a 6, it counts as a success and you can roll AGAIN. This can happen multiple time on the same die. Cue 9 dice accumulating well over 20 hits. Which in Shadowrun gives a bonus to damage if you have a lot of those.

Cue the vampire not being knocked out but keeling over and -dying- from the shock of having a handgun thrown at his daddy parts. Life in the shadows.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2013, 07:49:07 am »

Urist was essential for our groups' trap checking strategy, which was so thorough that there was not a single death in the dungeon (and the tomb's first part took about 12 hours to run), as he had 3(!) bags of tricks
About to die, with nothing but an empty gun and one point of edge left, he uses that to boost his throwing skill, adding another seven dice to the piddling two he had for throwing and threw his gun at the nosferatu's crotch.

I must have played wrong. Despite being in a group that was big on large amounts of dakka, I never once reloaded my gun. I think I went something like ten sessions on the same clip, firing a grand total of five shots.

Granted, I was the decker, but I'm pretty sure the mage fired more shots than I did when he wasn't unconscious from glitching all of his casting.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9