Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO CONVERT (Sign-ups Are Closed)  (Read 55192 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CONVERT
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2013, 07:13:51 pm »

I have a holy book and I'm in less shit than anyone else. I think I'm winning.
It would help if said holy book was actually published rather than just being some paper your only important convert currently has.

Right now I'd say that BeforeLifer is doing the best followed by Kj and cat.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2013, 07:22:02 pm »

Lol, and this is my first RTD XD
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2013, 07:42:07 pm »

Where is everyone?  :-\

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2013, 08:47:28 pm »

Blowing stuff up to celebrate Independence Day. I'm in the mountains on a laptop with a bad screen, so my turn writing is limited
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2013, 08:52:39 pm »

Oh ya lol, canadian here XD

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2013, 09:07:06 pm »

Name: The Angel
First Action: Get pikes and shields, make bird shaped masks and black cloaks, convert people to join an organization of Inquisitors to purge this village of heresy.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2013, 04:08:45 pm »

Teach dog-prophet telepathy!
(2) You fail to do so.

Spoiler: Lupus (click to show/hide)

Have my followers go into town. Use my powers to kill a priest of the god of sleep back in the first village.
(6) Your followers go into the town, then pray to you asking guidance, and whether they should publish the book. (2) Meanwhile, you find out your powers don't work unless you have a follower nearby.

Spoiler: Odessy (click to show/hide)

Cure insanity. Make her my prophet. Let's stick to that for now.
(5) After curing her insanity, (4) she agrees to become your prophet. She asks your name, and how to follow you.

Spoiler: GWG (click to show/hide)

Convert the ones not worshiping the god of Jealousy and use my powers to smite the fanatical worshipers of the god of Jealousy
(2) Your followers are too busy doing day-to-day stuff. They also want to know how to follow you. (2) You destroy a chair the high priest of jealousy had just vacated. (5) The remaining unaffiliated members of the village get converted to the side of the god of jealousy.

Spoiler: Khor (click to show/hide)

Prophet: Repeat last action... again....
Cloth Merchant: Repeat last action, ask other merchants to try to convert there customers as well as finding out what they sell as well.
Assassin's Guild: Gather more info on the hit seeking for the best way to attempt again, but dont carry it out yet.
Brothel owner: Convert a local writer(or group of writers) and have him(them) write an elaborate holy book of Zarut.

(3) After finishing his "inspection", your prophet decides to take a bath and get his clothes washed.
(1) Your merchant doesn't want to keep converting people as he's tired and wants to go to bed.
(4) The assassin's guild listen to your council and then start figuring out a way to make the hit look like an accident. (3) They could make it look like suicide, but not an accident, or they could continue to look for a way.
(1) The brothel owner has enough of people coming in to his brothel telling him they are followers of Zarut, and closes down the brothel until he gets instructions from you or the prophet on rituals to become a follower of Zarut. He refuses to find a writer to make up a ritual, and wants the prophet or some sort of priest caste to do it. (4) The mob decides to go away peacefully.

Spoiler: Zarut (click to show/hide)

Search for another prophet. This one is all worn out. Order the new prophet to preach in my name.
(5) You find a random old dude who agrees to be your prophet. (2) He decides to finish plowing his field first. (6) Your old prophet gets pissed off at you, and becomes a successful writer of self-help books like Why We're Better Off Without Gods and Rising Against Me.

Spoiler: Me (click to show/hide)

Name: The Angel
First Action: Get pikes and shields, make bird shaped masks and black cloaks, convert people to join an organization of Inquisitors to purge this village of heresy.
(1) "Dude, I thought you were a god of peace and love and happiness and stuff, not a god of like, the inquisition. I'm done man, I'm done. I hear the god of weed is giving out like, free samples, so I'm going to go check him out.

Spoiler: The Angel (click to show/hide)
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2013, 04:12:02 pm »

Let's stick with On'Li for the name.

As for how to follow me: Have my prophet preach about the dangers of following such depraved deities as Zarut (or whoever the local deity is) and offer to cure anyone of maladies from such depravity.

Do so.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2013, 04:17:08 pm »

My followers shall publish the book. One will also go out and preach. If attacked, fill the preacher with great strength and send a giant bird of prey to help.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2013, 04:24:46 pm »

Teach dog-prophet to paint disturbing pictures of the end of the world - a great age of immense cold to come in the far, far future.

cattouchdis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2013, 04:37:00 pm »

"You shall forgo all jealousy, in such case as you feel like you might be jealous, pray to me and I will take it on to myself. You shall always use common sense, except when I tell you to do something that goes against common sense, then you follow what I said without question. As soon as possible, you should learn to be literate if not already, and all followers of me should be literate for when we eventually have a holy book. These are my wishes, and they may be updated at a later time."

After telling them how they are to worship me, try to have to new converts to the god of Jealousy  faith swayed over to me so that I could have people in their cult when we eventually have to fight for control of the village.
Game I'm running: Get your Mad Scientist laboratory back, Currantly at Turn 5

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2013, 05:06:21 pm »

Prophet: Get some respectable clothing.
Cloth Merchant: See if one of the merchants is a book merchant and if so use his connections to contact a writer to write a holy book, publish said book(make up some rules and such for it, want to see what you can come up with).
Assassin's Guild: Carry out the hit, if possible make it as beneficial to the god of Zarut as possible.
Brothel owner: Remove discount for followers of Zarut, but encourage converting.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:31:20 pm by BeforeLifer »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2013, 05:09:19 pm »

Prophet: Get some respectable clothing.
Cloth Merchant: Repeat last action, ask other merchants to try to convert there customers as well as finding out what they sell as well.
Assassin's Guild: Carry out the hit, if possible make it as beneficial to the god of Zarut as possible.
Brothel owner: Repeat last action.
Your really pissing of the brothel owner and the merchant. If you want to make a holy book, you need some rules first besides discounted prostitutes.
Sigtext

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2013, 05:22:33 pm »

Lol yaaaa... edited.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2013, 05:29:53 pm »

If you want to make a holy book, you need some rules first besides discounted prostitutes.
Why is this his only rule?
And wouldn't that make for a great Sunday School lesson?
"To attract more worshipers to Zarut's temples, the Prophet Nonamies requested that a local brothel-owner allow the devout to sleep at a discounted rate..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33