Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The Reboot Plot? (Don't vote yet)

Time Skip to Future (Several years, no current threats, heavy magic restrictions, living their own lives for the moment)
Matrix Wake Up -Layar- (Lost the final battle and were captured by the Layar. Have woken up to worl taken over. MUCH weaker than believed in 'Matrix')
Matrix Wake Up -Osmodias- (Dreamworld due to mass mind control and mind domination. Powers lost or exaggerated in the dream state)
Ashley Void Takeover Plot? (Void being takeover)
???
??????
Random Voters thingy for those who feel like voting for nothing.

Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 499

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls IC OOC (Currently voting for V3 RotMG)  (Read 262955 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls IC OOC (Currently voting for V3 RotMG)
« Reply #7350 on: May 30, 2014, 05:37:07 pm »

Allow me to state the following: this is about regulation, not discrimination. There's no concentration camps, no new discrimination, just laws to ensure that people don't mind control, unmake, break, false-vacuum decay or entropize others. As well as other things like making it illegal for people like Selina to bypass copyright by creating perfect replicas of something such as the Mona Lisa or making dirty bombs.

Moving a spoon isn't something people care about. Having magical displays is not either. It's things like murder, corporate espionage, that sort of thing. Not a orwellian state, not a crackdown, just an expansion of laws to cover loopholes. Like how their had to adjust some laws when we entered the information age, like defining merchantable quality, ownership and whatnot for something like software.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #7351 on: May 30, 2014, 05:40:37 pm »

that being said, many of the things IRIS did were illegal. Like you know, locking people away without trial? No matter how dangerous, that's not right. Production of weapons against international laws, (and geneva convention?) well dayum. and who knows what else. IRIS has a very busy time of paying tons and tons of lawyers ahead.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7352 on: May 30, 2014, 06:34:30 pm »

Look at it this way, would a resonable character in X-Men think that the regulation is humane? If the answer is no then obviously it's not a good idea. That said I still can't bring myself to think that making people get registered to do something they can't control is inhumane and I will not be playing a game in this new bullshit world.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7353 on: May 30, 2014, 06:37:10 pm »

What was that about being registered? Who said anything about being registered? They'll need to make a note of it if they have some sort of criminal record or something if they find out about it, but no, I don't think anyone has to register. Simply because people can lie about it and render it moot.

That is, there likely will not be any form of registry.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7354 on: May 30, 2014, 06:38:18 pm »

Pretty damn hard anyway to register unless the entire world bands together to do so.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7355 on: May 30, 2014, 06:40:11 pm »

Pretty damn hard anyway to register unless the entire world bands together to do so.
Still won't work and no one will try it.
Say you get some person in, say they're magical but you don't know that, say you ask them "Do you have magic?", say they reply "Nope.", the fuck do you do then? You won't know. Hence trying it is futile.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7356 on: May 30, 2014, 06:40:38 pm »

This was actually done in the marvel universe, some of the x-men did support it. In fact many heroes supported it in that war because they believed that the powers that people held were too dangerous to be left unchecked.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7357 on: May 30, 2014, 06:40:54 pm »

Akroma said it's like gun laws. That means that besides no one needing a license for it in most of the south you need a license everywhere else or you literally are a walking violation.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7358 on: May 30, 2014, 06:42:24 pm »

Well screw that idea then. That's @Akroma's interpretation. Don't just assume everyone agrees with her on the specifics.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7359 on: May 30, 2014, 06:42:45 pm »

Well screw that idea then. That's @Akroma's interpretation. Don't just assume everyone agrees with her on the specifics.
This.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7360 on: May 30, 2014, 06:43:28 pm »

Then you should have said so when she literally said 'replace magic with guns and people will be saying the laws aren't tight enough'.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7361 on: May 30, 2014, 06:45:02 pm »

I assumed that was just a metaphor to show how dangerous magic could be when compared to something else, not that the rules would be the exact same as for gun registration.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7362 on: May 30, 2014, 06:45:08 pm »

Then you should have said so when she literally said 'replace magic with guns and people will be saying the laws aren't tight enough'.
Well I didn't notice that and so we'll go with Emp's interpretation because it sounds less X-Men like. For gods sake we're not the X-Men. Hasn't anyone watched any magical girl shows so we can model this off those (apart from me but as I've only watched a bit of Sailor Moon and Puella Magi not the best example)?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7363 on: May 30, 2014, 06:45:58 pm »

I don't really watch TV and the only magic girl stuff I'm exposed to is from reddit.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7364 on: May 30, 2014, 06:46:07 pm »

We can't base it off magical girl shows unless we do a complete reset, everyone is too old for it.
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 499