Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41

Author Topic: BM XLII - Game Over: Mafia Win!  (Read 75071 times)

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day Two - Goblin Food - Three Replacements Requested
« Reply #435 on: August 08, 2013, 05:49:07 pm »

26 hours remain in the day.

Day 2 ends on Friday, August 9 at 8:00pm CST

SailFlame (0) -
griffinpup (0) -
Griffionday (0) -
Rolepgeek (0) -
Imperial Guardsman (1) - griffinpup
Chink (1) - SailFlame
Nerjin (0) -

Not Voting - Rolepgeek, Chink, Griffionday, Nerjin, Imperial Guardsman

Tie votes will result in a no-lynch.

Extend (0/3) -
Shorten (0/4) -

Griffionday has requested replacement.
Chink has requested replacement.

Lurker Tracker
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day Two - Goblin Food - Two Replacements Requested
« Reply #436 on: August 09, 2013, 04:42:15 am »

I shall opt to become a Replacement.

While I was not planning on playing a game for a little while, you guys need the extra hand right now. Let's see if I can do anything to shake up this cage...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day Two - Goblin Food - Two Replacements Requested
« Reply #437 on: August 09, 2013, 07:30:06 am »

12 Hours remain in the day.

birdy51 has replaced Chink.

SailFlame has been prodded.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day Two - Goblin Food - Replacement Requested
« Reply #438 on: August 09, 2013, 10:50:32 am »

birdy12: Why do you think your predecessors have been so lurky? What do you think of the events so far? How scummy does Imperial Guardsman seem?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 09, 2013, 04:07:07 pm »

birdy12: Why do you think your predecessors have been so lurky? What do you think of the events so far? How scummy does Imperial Guardsman seem?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I believe *this* may have something to do with it. Lurking is quite easy when you don't have enough time to dedicate a proper post. It's the same way with Boy. Things come up. I was on the fence of joining this game due to not knowing how much time I could dedicate. However, at this point it looks like you need someone who is simply willing to post at all. >.<

As for your second question, there has been a ludicrous amount of replacements in this game. That alone is a fact that is rather daunting to consider. Then, we also have the relatively low activity rate, which is further compounding the issue. Put both of these facts together and we have a mess on our hands.

Now, as for IG, I find his behavior a bit repulsive. Mind my language, but he is a lazy ass in terms of actually supporting his opinions with logic. From what I have read so far, I certainly wouldn't mind being rid of him as his contributions to the game has been frighteningly low for the amount of times he has posted. He's like a vulture. Preying off of the corpses of the dead to fuel his own arguments. To use his own words... "He is either scum or absolute crap".

Also, feel free to just call me Birdy. It shall make your life easier. :P

Any other questions for me?

Statement and question time.

Imperial Guardsman: Support your arguments. Preferably in something longer than single sentence groups. Beyond the flimsy reasoning on the basis of a mislynch, you didn't seem to have a single good reason for holding your vote on Griffonpup besides the fact that two other players had already voted for him. Do explain yourself.

Nerjin: Do you know if you will be able to produce an argument for tonight? We could use your insight on the situation.

Also, as a side note we also have yet to see anything of Sailflame. I'm going to toss out a tentative extension, so we can see what his prospective on the game is when/if he decides to post.
BIRDS.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 09, 2013, 04:45:50 pm »

Unvote Griffinpup, Vote birdy
I really cant give any CURRENT reads until the game is back up.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 09, 2013, 06:01:29 pm »

Day has been Mod Extended

Day 2 now ends on Monday, August 12 at 8:00pm CST

SailFlame has been Mod-Unvoted

SailFlame (0) -
griffinpup (0) -
Griffionday (0) -
Rolepgeek (0) -
Imperial Guardsman (2) - griffinpup, birdy51
birdy51 (2) - Rolepgeek, Imperial Guardsman
Nerjin (0) -

Not Voting - Rolepgeek, Griffionday, Nerjin, Imperial Guardsman, SailFlame

Extend (0/3) -
Shorten (0/4) -

Griffionday has requested replacement.
SailFlame requires replacement due to inactivity.

Lurker Tracker

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 09, 2013, 06:07:50 pm »

Birdy: Now, what seemed scummy about your turn just then is that the turn is about to end, and you're causing it to be a tie, whilst continuing the actions of your predecessors in creating friction between yourself and Imperial Guard. That, as well as the fact that you 'want' to get rid of IG on principal, rather than wanting to get rid of him because he seems scummy.
I do understand that neither Boy nor Chink had the time to continue playing, but even before he had to go, he only made ten posts. That is very lurky, comparatively.

Unvote birdy12
Imperial Guardsman
: Someone must go, or the town has a mess on it's hands. And you have been the second-most scummy player, in my view. And for a question: Who's seeming scummy, then?

FAKEEDIT: MY OH MY That was scummy. That seemed incredibly similar to OMGUS(which I think stands for OMG U Scared, right?). DAMN boy. You're definitely being voted.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day Two - Goblin Food - Two Replacements Required
« Reply #443 on: August 09, 2013, 06:08:57 pm »

To add to my reasoning for voting IG, he didn't give a reason for voting Birdy, and as such it seems like the two of them are trying to either tie up the vote, or fake an argument so that one can survive when the other flips scum.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 09, 2013, 07:15:27 pm »

Unvote Griffinpup, Vote birdy
I really cant give any CURRENT reads until the game is back up.

What a fantastic OMGUS...

Now, in case you have not gotten it through your skull, I was not asking for your current reads.

I want your old reads immediately.

Birdy: Now, what seemed scummy about your turn just then is that the turn is about to end, and you're causing it to be a tie, whilst continuing the actions of your predecessors in creating friction between yourself and Imperial Guard. That, as well as the fact that you 'want' to get rid of IG on principal, rather than wanting to get rid of him because he seems scummy.
I do understand that neither Boy nor Chink had the time to continue playing, but even before he had to go, he only made ten posts. That is very lurky, comparatively.

You neglect to notice that I voted to extend the game. We're still missing a good chunk of input from half the players and I do not want to push ourselves to a hasty decision. Thus I am glad that we have this extension. In fact, now that I think about it... I'm actually a bit surprised you didn't throw out an extension vote earlier when you had the time to address me.

Did you want the Day to end early?

Now, as for IG, I did not vote for him because I wanted him lynched, I voted him because I wanted answers. There is a hell of a lot he hasn't answered for in this game that people have simply ignored. The man flips more often than a pancake and doesn't provide a single snippet as to why. This either makes him a very stupid Townie who can't make up his mind, or a piece of scum that doesn't have the slightest idea of what he's doing. I am trying to figure which category he falls into.

So in other words, no I am not voting on principal. It is a policy vote.
BIRDS.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 09, 2013, 08:23:43 pm »

Birdy: I didn't vote extension because I saw no point. I know who I think is scummy. Extensions are to allow the players time to find who is scummy, as far as I know. And voting for someone when you don't want them lynched, in all honesty, sounds like you want to make it seem as though there's an altercation when there isn't. Now, don't get me wrong, I find him scummy as well, I just don't take your semi-agreement to mean you're town. If you would give examples of what you're talking about for what he's done, then I might be willing to look at you in a different light. But for now, voting for him because you can't decide/figure out whether he's scum or not, when you don't want him lynched, is simply a poor idea, and a scummy one at that.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 10, 2013, 01:42:18 am »

FAKEEDIT: MY OH MY That was scummy. That seemed incredibly similar to OMGUS(which I think stands for OMG U Scared, right?). DAMN boy. You're definitely being voted.
OMG U Suck actually, it's voting for someone because they are pressuring you.  What IG did is scummy, but not necessarily OMGUS as it did tie the vote that was otherwise against him.

A indulgence in pessimism

Reads before you personally have interacted with someone are deadly for town.  And they WILL kill us all.  Have a plan to pressure every one, more than once if you've the time, make sure you've talked to everyone and THEN formulate your reads.  Comments such as: "What's your fresh perspective and opinion on everyone here?" are stupid and focus attention to the wrong things.  The goal shouldn't be focusing on the past scouring the thread for the tiny tells that must be there, but on developing your reads on people through interaction with them.  If you think you have a read on someone without interacting with them, assume it's put there deliberately, get suspicious, and talk to them.  Try to avoid flailing randomly, but at the very least put in the footwork.

With this in mind time to start these interactions:

Griffinpup: Why are you focusing exclusively on the past in this game when you could be generating your own material to read?  Interact with everyone, and once you've a feeling for them, move on and talk to someone else.  Seriously.  Your emphasis on reads, events, and past oriented hunting is equally detrimental to the game as IG.  I'm glad you're focusing exclusively on easy lynches (it makes you kinda obviously scum though), but don't you think you should question the more difficult ones as well?  I can guarantee there's far more satisfaction to be found there.

Rolepgeek: I'm glad you know who you think is scummy.  Please one of them and one person you think is town, and try to deepen your read on both of them.  In the mean time, do you think hiding as scum is easy or difficult?  What sorts of things would make it more or less difficult?

Birdy: Do you disagree with my previous comments? If so why, if not, why are you asking for reads?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 10, 2013, 01:51:01 am »

EBWOP:
Rolepgeek: I'm glad you know who you think is scummy.  Please one of them and one person you think is town, and try to deepen your read on both of them.  In the mean time, do you think hiding as scum is easy or difficult?  What sorts of things would make it more or less difficult?
I meant:

Please choose one of them and one person you think is town, and try to deepen your read on both of them.

Mod: Thank you for the extend, I'll try to get my act together until I'm replaced.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 10, 2013, 08:18:41 am »

Rolepgeek:

Birdy: I didn't vote extension because I saw no point. I know who I think is scummy. Extensions are to allow the players time to find who is scummy, as far as I know. And voting for someone when you don't want them lynched, in all honesty, sounds like you want to make it seem as though there's an altercation when there isn't. Now, don't get me wrong, I find him scummy as well, I just don't take your semi-agreement to mean you're town. If you would give examples of what you're talking about for what he's done, then I might be willing to look at you in a different light. But for now, voting for him because you can't decide/figure out whether he's scum or not, when you don't want him lynched, is simply a poor idea, and a scummy one at that.

I'm still not entirely following you. While you may have your own ideas on who is scummy, there are many others who simply haven't contributed, whether out of time management or absence. Leaving out their voices leaves room for error. And we are missing a lot of voices right now.

As for the examples you requested. Imperial Guardsman, you will want to read this as well as it pertains to you.

Yeah, we remember day 1 griffinpup

Remember what from Day 1? The mislynch?

From my own experience, I have found mislynches are not rare occurrences. They happen whether we like it or not.

Until you can prove yourself innocent from your actions on day one, the vote stays.

Note how he still fails to specify any specific examples. IG uses a blanket term, "your actions". No specifics, just "your actions".  Implying that Griffinpup did do something wrong… But he doesn't have the slightest clue what that action is.

Thus, how can he expect Griffinpup to effectively defend himself?

Back.
Unvote.
Griffinpup seems town.. for now. Ill check the posts and decide who to vote next.

And now, suddenly Griffinpup is Town FOR NOW, without a single whisper about how he arrived at this miraculous conclusion.

Frankly, his reasoning is baffling me right now and I don't have much to go off of, save for the fact that he has seemingly no clue what he is doing. Not supporting your arguments is a terrible policy to uphold, no matter what role you play. So at the very least I want to see IG put some kind of effort forth in his gameplay from here on out.

This is after all a BM. I'm still in this game to win, but I also want to see players improve. Starting with him by forcing him to attend to his past actions or fall. The ball is in his court now. Whether he wants to take the time defend himself is his decision.

Griffionday

OMG U Suck actually, it's voting for someone because they are pressuring you.  What IG did is scummy, but not necessarily OMGUS as it did tie the vote that was otherwise against him.

A indulgence in pessimism

Reads before you personally have interacted with someone are deadly for town.  And they WILL kill us all.  Have a plan to pressure every one, more than once if you've the time, make sure you've talked to everyone and THEN formulate your reads.  Comments such as: "What's your fresh perspective and opinion on everyone here?" are stupid and focus attention to the wrong things.  The goal shouldn't be focusing on the past scouring the thread for the tiny tells that must be there, but on developing your reads on people through interaction with them.  If you think you have a read on someone without interacting with them, assume it's put there deliberately, get suspicious, and talk to them.  Try to avoid flailing randomly, but at the very least put in the footwork.

With this in mind time to start these interactions:

Griffinpup: Why are you focusing exclusively on the past in this game when you could be generating your own material to read?  Interact with everyone, and once you've a feeling for them, move on and talk to someone else.  Seriously.  Your emphasis on reads, events, and past oriented hunting is equally detrimental to the game as IG.  I'm glad you're focusing exclusively on easy lynches (it makes you kinda obviously scum though), but don't you think you should question the more difficult ones as well?  I can guarantee there's far more satisfaction to be found there.

Birdy: Do you disagree with my previous comments? If so why, if not, why are you asking for reads?

I do agree with what you have said, at least in principal. Too much focus on the past is dangerous.

However, there are some questions that have yet to be answered. Which is why I want  IG to respond in a meaningful manner. His past behavior has been scummy as hell, but I cannot say with full confidence whether that is because he is scum or just a very flippant townie.

Until that question gets answered, it’s going to be difficult to move forward onto more beneficial conversation.
BIRDS.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 10, 2013, 06:35:34 pm »

I suppose I could (temporarily) replace a player. It appears replacements are coming and going quickly, and in an attempt to further the game, I would be willing to replace.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41