Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41

Author Topic: BM XLII - Game Over: Mafia Win!  (Read 75124 times)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day One - A Cunning Plan
« Reply #180 on: July 25, 2013, 09:14:42 am »

IG:
Voting puts more pressure on people then questions. Pressure is good. When they crack, the information you get is quite useful.
What do you mean by "when they crack"? 
When they give up due to pressure and claim scum or town.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 25, 2013, 12:55:49 pm »

Day 1 ends on Monday, July 29 at 8:00pm CST

Votecount

TheWetSheep (0) -
griffinpup (1) - Griffionday
Griffionday (1) - Powder Miner
Powder Miner (1) - TheWetSheep
Imperial Guardsman (1) - DaveTheGrave
DaveTheGrave (2) - Nerjin, Imperial Guardsman
Boy (1) - griffinpup
Nerjin (1) -notquitethere
notquitethere (0) -

Not Voting - Boy

Extend (0/4) -
Shorten (0/5) -

TheWetSheep has Requested Replacement on or before Sunday, August 11.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 25, 2013, 01:50:18 pm »

Dave, it appears that you are playing an emotionally reactive game. I suggest taking a bit of a break and coming back later. And don't worry too much about getting lynched Day 1 alright? It happens. Sometimes [A lot of times] someone will say something totally innocent but people will ride on it HARD. So if you DO get lynched don't take it personally.

Imperial Guardsman you need to think your posts out a bit more. What's there is decent but you keep multi-posting for some reason and that makes it seem like you just type out whatever comes to mind as it comes. If you have multiple things to say you can put them in the same post.

Dave

I was simply implying that a mafia would probably jump on the chance of a feud between two players. Its more or less a logic thing then a threat. For all I know imp or YOU could be the scum. Or even both? And this is some elongated plan to wither me down and stab me in the night.

Wild speculation like this isn't helpful. Honestly myself or NQT are more likely targets. Scum would probably leave Imperial Guardsman alive since he was arguing with you so much to leave a bit of a red herring. That sets up a bit of WIFOM as to whether he is scum or not. If they out-right killed him we'd know he isn't.

NQT

Nerjin, the 'voice of reason' nature of being an IC makes an possible mask for a spy bully scum player to hide behind. If you are town, in what way will you be alert to this possibilty with me?

I won't. The IC voice is to be used ONLY as a teaching tool. If you abuse it here I shall rally against you in every single game you are a part of. You seem like a nice guy. You better not sabotage all of these new guys' first game of mafia by being a total ass. Other than out-right abuse I plan to just look at you like I normally do. Pointing out scummy behavior and the like.

GriffPup

Nerjin - You are squeaky clean townie.  How do you go about finding scum in a sea of noobs?

Well as I said my first goal is to teach all of you. Plus most of you aren't "noobs" as you put it. Only Dave and Boy are. So I plan to basically look for things that are scummy. If I give you guys soft-balls you won't learn very well. Sure it might be a noob-tell but you need to learn. I do plan to explain WHY I'm doing what I'm doing instead of just doing it like I would in a regular game but... Well you folks are here to learn mafia not be coddled. I believe in a bit of a sink-or-swim method of teaching. I won't let you drown but if you need a bit of negative reinforcement than I shall do what I must.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 25, 2013, 02:44:01 pm »

Dave: Answer me.

Griffinpup: But why was your only accompaniment to your random vote a non-applicable acronym?

NQT:
TWS
NQT: Is this question helpful?
Only if my answer gives you an idea about my character. Did it?
Yes, but not in a way that will help me determine if you are scum or town. That makes your answer wrong, I guess.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2013, 02:57:31 pm »

Dave is simply taking questions emotionally on purpose, doesn't understand they are scenarios, or is actually taking them emotially.
The former is what i think is the most likely.
He is dodging and weaseling out of questions.

OBVSCUM

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 25, 2013, 03:48:51 pm »

Dave: Answer me.

Griffinpup: But why was your only accompaniment to your random vote a non-applicable acronym?

NQT:
TWS
NQT: Is this question helpful?
Only if my answer gives you an idea about my character. Did it?
Yes, but not in a way that will help me determine if you are scum or town. That makes your answer wrong, I guess.
I wasn't voting for him because he voted for me. I voted for him before he voted me. I was using the "keeping the vote on him" as pressure to get him to invite me.

Dave is simply taking questions emotionally on purpose, doesn't understand they are scenarios, or is actually taking them emotially.

OBVSCUM
And in reply to you, I haven't been dodging questions, I either skim over them, or are too lazy to answer them.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 25, 2013, 04:15:08 pm »

1. I wasn't voting for him because he voted for me. I voted for him before he voted me. I was using the "keeping the vote on him" as pressure to get him to invite me.

OBVSCUM
2. And in reply to you, I haven't been dodging questions, I either skim over them, or are too lazy to answer them.
1. I assume you meant unvote.  This is probably the single scummiest reason to keep your vote on someone...  It is exactly an OMGUS vote.  The only reason your vote is still on him is that he has voted you.  Therefore, it's subject to the same reasoning on why it's scummy as an OMGUS vote.  You just happened to vote first in this particular instance.

2. I fail to see the difference.  Avoiding answering questions, regardless of the reason, is dodging questions.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 25, 2013, 04:19:59 pm »

Dave is either a VI or a newbie who got scum first game.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 25, 2013, 04:24:13 pm »

VI?

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 25, 2013, 04:38:09 pm »

1. I wasn't voting for him because he voted for me. I voted for him before he voted me. I was using the "keeping the vote on him" as pressure to get him to invite me.

OBVSCUM
2. And in reply to you, I haven't been dodging questions, I either skim over them, or are too lazy to answer them.
1. I assume you meant unvote.  This is probably the single scummiest reason to keep your vote on someone...  It is exactly an OMGUS vote.  The only reason your vote is still on him is that he has voted you.  Therefore, it's subject to the same reasoning on why it's scummy as an OMGUS vote.  You just happened to vote first in this particular instance.

2. I fail to see the difference.  Avoiding answering questions, regardless of the reason, is dodging questions.
I had no reason to change my vote, soI left it on him. I had no reason to change it.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 25, 2013, 05:02:23 pm »

@Griffinpup (botched the quote and don't want to bother to bring it back up):
Ah, that's going to take quite the answer. Bandwagoning, passivity and active lurking, freaking out when pressured or when someone else is pressured, WIFOM, WIFOM, mother****ing WIFOM, question dodging, OMGUS, burden of proof.

Also, unvote Griffionday, that's a good answer.

Dave, you only keep a vote if you have reason to change it. I don't see what repeating that you didn't have a reason to change your vote twice in the same post is supposed to help, especially when it contradicts what you just said, which was that you were trying to get him to unvote you by keeping your vote on him as pressure. Make your mind up about your cover story, please? Contradicting's bad.

Griffinpup, I looked it up, VI stands for Village Idiot, and means someone who keeps screwing up by saying things without understanding their repercussions, or, in this case a severe noob, which I'm tempted to believe Dave might be simply because of his utter lack of tact.

Nerjin, it looks a little bit to me like you're active lurking. Sure you went after Dave when he dropped an incredibly strong scumtell, but after that, you've only asked him one thing that even looks like a question- indeed, while you've been doing your job as an IC and answering all the questions that have been thrown at you, you haven't really been attacking anyone- you haven't been scumhunting, not even the guy you put your vote on. What do you have to say in defense?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 25, 2013, 05:02:32 pm »

VI?
Village Idiot, a person who says or does the wrong things but doesnt understand the consequences.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 25, 2013, 05:08:35 pm »

Dave, you only keep a vote if you have reason to change it. I don't see what repeating that you didn't have a reason to change your vote twice in the same post is supposed to help, especially when it contradicts what you just said, which was that you were trying to get him to unvote you by keeping your vote on him as pressure. Make your mind up about your cover story, please? Contradicting's bad.
Why would you change a vote if you had no reason to change it. Thats illogical.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2013, 05:19:26 pm »

Dave:
Do you think Imperial Guardsmen is scum?
Why did you offer multiple and contradicting reasons for leaving your vote on IG? (Imperial Guardsmen)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2013, 05:19:56 pm »

If you're not finding new people to go after, that's a bad thing. You shouldn't only be focusing on voting IG into the ground, Dave (that's called tunneling, by the way), instead you should be gathering data on multiple people. That's why you should change it- ignoring everyone else in favor of one man can often be seen as scummy.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41