Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54510 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Not Nuked?!?
« Reply #645 on: August 20, 2013, 04:33:18 pm »

Insanity, mutants, driving vans through store fronts, peaceful and not so peaceful negotiations, slug fests, etc.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 20, 2013, 06:49:31 pm »

Alright. IC explanation powers, Activate!
How long has it been, hours or days?
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 20, 2013, 06:52:39 pm »

Since what?

Were you here when Chicago got sorta-nuked?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 20, 2013, 06:55:29 pm »

Yep. I left the hospital then had to stop posting for quite a while.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 20, 2013, 07:10:24 pm »

You didn't miss much them, at least nothing that pertains to your character. Nobody has messed with the hospital, and as far as I know nothing else really big has arrived. So the usual nonsense really.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 21, 2013, 02:06:51 pm »

Grow.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 04, 2013, 10:33:24 am »

This dead?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Epilogue
« Reply #652 on: October 04, 2013, 01:57:34 pm »

Epilogue

Last summer, a terrorist attack struck the heart of this nation. A "super-dirty bomb" containing a variety of radioactive substances, teratomorphic agents, and many classified substances was detonated in the heart of Downtown Chicago. killing, maiming, or mutating thousands. For days, mutants of all sorts roamed the streets, looting and killing. Most companies closed their doors within the first few days, and few grocery stores or supermarkets were still operational by then; people began starving, fleeing the city, or turning to unorthodox supplies of food such as fruit trees, assorted pests, and sometimes cannibalism.
Six days after the attack, President Tagg declared the city of Chicago uninhabitable and abandoned. Evacuations for the two million still present and alive was carried out. Soon, all that was left of Chicago was a ruin filled with cleanup crews and the occasional criminal or supervillain.
Thanks to dedicated work by the Plumous Construction Corporation, a subsidiary of Plumbous American Technology and Science Incorporated, Chicago is ready to be re-inhabited. It has been rebuilt and cleansed of radiation, criminals, and lingering magical fallout. Plumbous is expected to continue oversight of the resettlement of Chicago in the following months.

In other news, both North and Korea recently declared war on China. While the leaders of both nations refuse to comment, it is widely believed to be due to the large nuclear device which detonated in the DMZ, devastating Kosong, Geojin, and Mt. Kumgang National Park. Both nations launched missiles and bombers at the larger nation. This war, currently labeled the "Sino-Korean War," has already claimed dozens of million lives at the least and perhaps up to 100 million or higher. Both Koreas and China are attempting to drag their allies into the war; more nations seem to be siding with the Korean alliance, although only Cuba and Japan have made any kind of commitment.
Thankfully, an initiative lead by Louis Langer, a philanthropist who gained prominence by donating large sums of money to fix Chicago, has begun construction of massive "shields" which will help defend America, the UK, South Africa, and a few other nations from attacks by ICBM. The EU is considering a measure that will lead to them also contracting the construction of these shields.

EVIL, a hybrid of gang and small army which organized itself in the wake of Chicago's near-destruction, has finally been destroyed. Parahumans Bladelord, Head Case, Chaos Caster, and Green Genesis escaped, but the thirty other parahumans and most of the fourty-odd non-parahumans were brought into custody or killed. They are rumored to be working with Adi Langer, a silver parahuman who claims that Louis Langer is using Plumbous to control the new Chicago; EVIL is known to have a distaste for Louis, which is presumed to be the reason they collaborated.

In Minneapolis, a talking dog recently informed...

Yeah, this is dead. I never really got back into the hang of things, college is requiring a fair amount of work, and the game was always unwieldy and such. Having...sixteen PCs at once does that. Not helping matters was the fact that many people did not post regularly, and that trying to get a daily update out often lead to me staying up to 11 or midnight. I do that enough without Super-RtD.
That said, I might consider a sequel or restart, but with fewer people, once I get enough time for another game.

1. If I did get time, would you rather I restarted Super-RtD, restarted another of my RtDs, or do something else?
2. If I did restart Super-RtD, what would you like to see from it?
3. What did you enjoy about Super RtD?
4. What did you dislike about Super-RtD?
5. If you still want a taste of GWG-flavored superheroes, you could waitlist in another of my games, which should be starting tomorrow.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.
« Reply #653 on: October 04, 2013, 03:28:08 pm »

I'm guessing... Isaac? Was that his name? No, Irving, right, I'm guessing Irving is Head Case. A fitting name really.

Either way it was a good game while it ran and I enjoyed it.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 04, 2013, 03:29:47 pm »

At least you named it dead, better than a lot of GMs do
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 04, 2013, 06:54:43 pm »

Ah, well, fun while it lasted.
1. Something else. I've never been that big on super heroes/villains/office workers.
2. Pretty much the same as this was. Then again, I was involved pretty loosely, so I might not be the best voice on this.
3. I liked how it was unpredictable enough to be interesting, but not so much that it made little sense.
4. It would have been nice for there to be a general recap of everyone's status in the OP, or possibly at the end of the post itself, but then again, 16 PCs tends to not be conducive to this.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 04, 2013, 07:18:40 pm »

1. I think it would be interesting if you restarted this from a timeskip after that beautifully written epilogue.
2. If you did restart it, it would be nice to be able to go back to the characters we played in this, and see how their lives have changed.
3. That I got nice powers :P
4. That it ended before I got to do ANYTHING.

I really did like that epilogue btw :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 04, 2013, 08:06:59 pm »

I'm guessing... Isaac? Was that his name? No, Irving, right, I'm guessing Irving is Head Case. A fitting name really.
You are correct.

Either way it was a good game while it ran and I enjoyed it.
Glad to hear it, although I'd prefer more detail on what you liked about it so I can duplicate this game's success.

1. I think it would be interesting if you restarted this from a timeskip after that beautifully written epilogue.
2. If you did restart it, it would be nice to be able to go back to the characters we played in this, and see how their lives have changed.
3. That I got nice powers :P
4. That it ended before I got to do ANYTHING.

I really did like that epilogue btw :P
*checks BFEL's sheet*
Ah, yes. Both of those would have been neat.
Anyways, thanks for the compliments on the epilogue. I tried to give a general sense of closure with the one major plot arc that affected (almost) everyone, while giving most folks a sense of where their characters went. I know I left a lot of folks out, and if anyone wants to complain about that I'll gladly write additional epilogues for them.
Sig

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 04, 2013, 08:42:58 pm »

Well, I liked your dry sort of wit that went with it as it made things humorous.

I never really knew what to expect next, like say the bomb or the three looters in the store, and you let me have a character that was generally insane which just further exaggerated this as often I wouldn't know what Irving would do until he did it.

The randomness of the abilities is nice too, I had no idea that Irving would get mind reading of sorts.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 06, 2013, 09:02:23 am »

I DEMAND PAYMENT!
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45