Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 191910 times)

ThaMuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #525 on: November 27, 2013, 12:05:42 am »

I have a Forgotten Beast, Nssu-Ghahnb by name.  It is a Caddisfly made of "25% chance to make enemies crazed".  It has poisonous vapors.  Oh, and a square shell.
This is the single most awesome thing I can imagine.

Jerbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 29, 2013, 10:42:55 am »

The HFS just destroyed the best fort I've had yet. 16 years old, 4 squads of named warriors in full mithril armor, half had named their weapons, just became mountain home, self sustaining, loads of fun.

Thanks Meph for a mod that is such a blast. This was 3c so now i need to get caught up to the current version, and add something else to learn...maybe the magic system.

Favorite things right now...the metal industry, guilds, fighting frost giants, and turrets.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #527 on: November 29, 2013, 10:53:45 am »

The HFS just destroyed the best fort I've had yet. 16 years old, 4 squads of named warriors in full mithril armor, half had named their weapons, just became mountain home, self sustaining, loads of fun.

Thanks Meph for a mod that is such a blast. This was 3c so now i need to get caught up to the current version, and add something else to learn...maybe the magic system.

Favorite things right now...the metal industry, guilds, fighting frost giants, and turrets.
Good luck :) (I never had a 16 year fort...)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

cephelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 30, 2013, 07:33:38 pm »

Heh, I had a frost giant come with some other invaders.

The Swamp Titan Kista Dobrotayagoditsa has come!  A gigantic hairy antlion larva.  It has two short horns and it emanates an aura of giving and kindness.  Its taupe hair is very curly.

D'awww, he just wanted some hugs!!

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 30, 2013, 11:31:49 pm »

First fort on the latest version, just dug into the side of a mountain and found a Balrog 20 tiles in. He managed to take out 2 bats and a tuskox, but other than that there weren't any casualties.

After losing so many forts to metalwraiths, I'm not too impressed with this supposedly more powerful foe. I don't even know how he died, none of the military have him as a listed kill.

EDIT: Nevermind, dug up another "shadow rock" or whatever and lost 25 dwarves in less than a minute. Gonna reclaim with an orckish warband, try to clear them out.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 02:07:12 am by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

henkalv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 01, 2013, 04:41:50 pm »

just arrived in a mirthful embark, setting up my fort for what I expect to be a easy mode game.

Suddenly it starts raining dwarf blood.

edit: Holy armok that made the fps tank hard
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 04:46:50 pm by henkalv »

cephelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 01, 2013, 08:09:28 pm »

Yeah, you can't really go on the good/evil biomes as easily with Masterwork. A few failed forts ago I had a Serene embark get invaded by 64 automatons in the 2nd spring, at the same time as the first large formerly large migration wave.

deknegt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 02, 2013, 08:55:42 am »

Just embarked in the Gaia map.

Decided to check the animals, and the first thing I come across is a cute little Platypus.

Wait...

Remind me never to pick a fight with that Platypus, because I am sure she will fuck my entire fort up.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 02, 2013, 08:59:30 am »

Word to the wise; DO NOT EMBARK WITH 30 PLUMP HELMET MEN. I only meant to butcher them all first thing, but they rioted and now my smith has broken arms!

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 02, 2013, 10:39:14 am »

You know that fort that I said would probably fall to the balrogs earlier? It actually survived another 3 years! But now there's a rabies breakout and I'm down to three starving dwarfs that are being constantly interrupted by each other. So I've mapped out what I've got so far:

The Entrances:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Grand Hall:

The Industrial Hall:

The Agricultural Hall:

The Nobles Hall:

The Slums:

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 02, 2013, 10:45:23 am »

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT MONSTROSITY.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 02, 2013, 02:53:29 pm »

Rith Elikshem has become a Masons Guild Dwarf *Architect* schizophrenic
A human caravan from Caspagil has arrived
Rith Elikshem has become a Masons Guild Dwarf *Stonecrafter Potter* schizophrenic

Um, remind me to have a talk with him.  Er, them ...

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 02, 2013, 07:31:51 pm »

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT MONSTROSITY.

That would be the doomed fortress of "PolishedAxe"; I was going for a cross between the dwarves of Dragon Age and Lord of the Rings.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 02, 2013, 07:58:05 pm »

Thank you dragon age for inspiring me to create INSANELY DEADLY Beautiful lava roads

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 02, 2013, 09:36:38 pm »

As I type this my current fort is paused and I just made a backup of the save so I can try and figure out what just happened after I watch what is going to likely be the fall of this fort. Or at the very least a painful memory.

It is the 5th year at Shedimkatdir, or "Shadowglimmered", and the Dwarven caravan is unloading at the Depot while my dwarves bring the mass of worn clothing, rusty armor, and various trinkets I had nearby. Things have been going smoothly from the start, with only two early casualties when a Hunter, and baby, tried to wrestle with a few Drakes. The metal industry has been going good, the military is full of killing machines, and there are even a few new recruits working on some mage training. Besides a recent stone shortage, and related stone journal overflow (How do we have 500 journals? What do you mean we never set the workflow limit?), everything has been going great.

At least until right now...

I'm not even sure what exactly happened, but after a quick screen jump to see my military cut a kobold in two, I jumped back to the Depot to do some trading. That's when I see the entire Depot area filled with deadly poison. As the smoke clears I start looking for combat reports, or anything, that might tell me what happened. Nothing. All I have to work with are half of my dwarves, possibly more, and all of the traders/guards on the ground unconscious, suffocating, and in extreme pain.

I'm not sure why they would have gone off, but the only thing I can think of causing this are the few stacks of Manticore ammo I set to be brought to the Depot.

So now I'm gonna watch as half my fort suffocates. On the bright side, none of my military and even the Baron were elsewhere in the fort. 60 of my 123 dwarves were nearby though, so this should be interesting...
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 113