Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 191887 times)

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #510 on: November 16, 2013, 07:30:16 pm »

I was going to run a double fort with the elites living deeper and seperate. Started with 1 dwarf in the deeper section and was going to invite worthy migrants in through an airlock.  Now with over 150 zombies on the surface it looks like I'm doing a cavern hermit challenge.  Sooo many slabs in my mine shafts

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 16, 2013, 10:36:41 pm »

Golem vs a dozen goblin ambushes:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 17, 2013, 01:14:17 pm »

Trying to start a treefarm to get a reliable wood source, but for some reason my kobolds refuse to plant any of the 80 acorns I've stockpiled. Does treefarming require any special labor beyond farming or woodcutting?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 01:16:32 pm by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Carsius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 17, 2013, 04:20:09 pm »

So apparently my dwarven Deity of luck is named "Accidentalplanned."

Also featured is an image of double doors on a wall adjacent to double doors. (No specific doors, no artifacts, not a symbol, just... doors...)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 04:24:34 pm by Carsius »

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 18, 2013, 01:26:17 am »

I've retitled everyone in my Dwarf Fort, so that whenever my Psychiatrist kills someone the Autocracy knows who to punish.

Dissidents die first, 'cause they don't support the glorious leaders! (They're put-off by tradition.)

Next are the Weak, as they don't work hard enough. (Mostly just physically weak or flimsy dwarves, though there's this one migrant in the caste that's missing both of his arms.)

Then the Toler caste, which are merely average.

The Encor caste are favored among the disposable castes, for their admiration of our ways. (The ideal citizen in PepperWalls is someone who will report the murder of their best friend, witness an "innocent" get hammered, and feel ecstatic about getting to attend therapy with the "pillar of society" that killed their friend.)

Finally, Nobles include both actual administration duties and magic-wielders, and do not get punished.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 03:01:32 am by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Carsius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 18, 2013, 03:25:25 pm »

...I think I should be terrified of a Plump Helmet Man takeover right about now...

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 21, 2013, 01:06:53 am »

ARGH WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE ROTTING LUNGS.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 21, 2013, 01:23:07 am »

Probably black lung. Otherwise the usual answer is a warlock did it. :D

Carsius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 21, 2013, 11:26:05 am »

ARGH WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE ROTTING LUNGS.

Warlocks, evil clouds/rain, black lung, warlocks, perhaps some of the new diseases, goblins who have taken a liking to stabbing in the chest, warlocks, a forgotten beast syndrome, or warlocks.

Quick Edit: Warlocks.

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 21, 2013, 12:23:50 pm »

A new migrant walks onto the map, instantly enters a mood and charges to my forge. He then grabs my only bar of orichalcum that I've painstakingly created and kept safely deep inside my fortress and turns it into an armor stand.  At least my militia will be happy.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 21, 2013, 01:17:19 pm »

...I think I should be terrified of a Plump Helmet Man takeover right about now...

They are definitely worthy of caution.

Early in my current fort I had two males that I let roam to hunt vermin, while keeping the female and a few spawns pastured, thinking everything would be fine since my dwarves easily outnumbered them. Then a big migration wave came, including an obvious vampire who I quickly separated out, and I thought even less of them. That's when two bodies were found in their bedrooms one after the other, completely drained of blood. Knowing it couldn't have been the vampire, I noticed something interesting on the Pets list... Both Plump Helmet Men now had names.

Now I have a few other vermin hunters, and keep all of the Plumps pastured along with the female War Cragtooth Boars. They keep things in check, and definitely don't hesitate to gore any that start to get rowdy.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 22, 2013, 08:45:51 am »

I have a vision.

A major river, falling roughly 8 Zs into a canyon, with a small feeder river canyon off that.  A glimmering obsidian castle (hoo-man style!) stradles the canyon, which is paneled in glass windows.  The feeder river dammed up, its canyon filled up.

I had a beautiful site in 4b, but oddly when I gen it in 4d it's always haunted and has another civ's city over it now.  I've found a similar site in 4d, but the river is almost 50 wide, and there's a third river waterfalling into the second - my FPS has already plummeted to ~30 before the first migration.  (If you have gen txt exported for similar, send it to me :) )

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 23, 2013, 12:31:48 pm »

i had an unsuccessful elven ambush (40 bladedancers, 40 raptors - no losses :D )

...but then there somehow happend to be a loyality cascade:

140 from 200 kobolds are dead
lifestock is entirely vanquished

:o

it slightly looks like a blood circle..

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 24, 2013, 04:59:17 pm »

4e:

Out of the original 7, one is schizophrenic and another appears to be manic depressive. This ought to be interesting.

Also, I have cats at embark. Haven't seen those in 3 months of Playing this mod.

The new GUI makes it obvious that I've been playing with "easy" invaders. 120+ ambushers in Year 3 is easy? I guess I'm a wuss.

Damn, I love this mod.

cephelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 24, 2013, 05:24:00 pm »

At least you have cats. Maybe they can calm down your crazy dwarves. Or give them projectiles to throw in their inevitable psychoses.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 113