Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37

Author Topic: The Guilds of the Floating Castle, a tactical RtD (Really Turn 8!)  (Read 60776 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: The Guilds of the Floating Castle, a tactical RtD (Turn 0!)
« Reply #180 on: June 23, 2013, 01:51:49 am »

((As a general note, please try to be as precise as possible when telling me where it is your actions are taking place, locations are very important in this game, at least give me a direction of some sort.

Flabort did an awesome job with this, as did HmH, and dewboy, to an extent.))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 23, 2013, 02:05:16 am »

In the westernmost part of the city, between me and the wizards.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 23, 2013, 02:25:01 am »

It was early morning in the city, and a dragon was waiting outside of the market stalls for the vendors to arrive. It was hard to tell it was a Drakon at first - there was only a very tall figure in robes of brilliant red and orange waiting, almost unnaturally still, in front of a house labeled 'Fruits Galore'. Something about it was so strange and unordinary that the vendors were almost compelled to investigate it. When a sizable crowd of vendors had gathered around it, the figure drew back it's hood to reveal a creature that looked like a dragon in miniature. It blinked a few times, opened its eyes, which had been closed until now, and spoke in a voice of fire.
Merchants! Vendors of goods from near and far. You of all people surely know of the rising competition between certain groups in this city. You have the unique privelige of living near the Wizard's Cabal. Due to territorial concerns, we will be taking you under our protection in order to prevent unsuitables from destroying your lovely merchandise, we would like to extend an offer of joining the Cabal.
What do you say?

The drakon stands with it's arms spread wide, giving off the air that it would not be wise to refuse.
Convince the owners of [the market houses to the far south of the city right next to my territory] to become members of my guild.

Later in the day...

A drakon stood in front of the base of the Sorceror Guild.
Sorcerors! I would treat with you.

Oh, and the NPC Wizard will help convert the market houses.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 12:28:48 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 23, 2013, 02:29:30 am »

Take over the cluster of brown houses immediately to our south - the ones surrounded by Fighters and Warriors.
Before attacking the buildings, try to convert their inhabitants peacefully with the miraculous feats of strength that Lion allows me to perform.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:35:12 am by HmH »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 23, 2013, 02:36:55 am »

Keep partying, search for sponsors for the Paladins' Guild and persuade them to give aid - after all, how is it possible that the guild representing the gods themselves is the fourth-poorest in town?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 23, 2013, 08:22:21 am »

Take over more grey buildings to the south. And if possible take over those green things.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 23, 2013, 09:09:37 am »

Chase after him, and fire off more insanity bolts.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 23, 2013, 10:18:10 am »

Take over in the same fashion as before the neutral buildings to the South.

Matthias strolled into parts of the building owned by that fire rogue. It was time to settle a few things pertaining to how his noble fighters had to live with the less honourable rogues. ''You there!'' He pointed to a nearby rogue. ''Take me to Kylie!'' His intimidating figure was flanked by several fighters.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 23, 2013, 02:15:16 pm »

Kylie walks out.
"What do you want? I already paid my half of the rent."

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 23, 2013, 02:39:10 pm »

In his usual, straight-to-the-point manner he's always had, Matthias gruffly answered: ''Not the issue. I am here to have you tell me what you intend to use your power over this city for to see if we can continue to co-exist. I'm sure you're aware of how my fighters and your rogues are edgy around each other.'' Though larger than her, Matthias was wary of this fiery opponent. His voice took on an edge of incredulity with his next statement: ''If it turns out that our policies are mutual, then it would be good to ally. If not at all, then it may be time to turn to more... drastic measures.'' He glanced around the room for a second. ''A more definitive stance would calm the troops instead of being unsure of the situation.''

(Lately, I've been playing more and more characters outwith my usual range... I had to re-write this several times to make it less elegant in his speech... Oh well.)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 23, 2013, 03:27:47 pm »

Kylie looks at Matthias for a moment.
"Unless your asking me on a date in a really subtle manner I'd think you're talking about an alliance. But, I suppose the answer to either one would be yes."

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 23, 2013, 03:46:29 pm »

The unflappable Matthias faltered, taken aback. ''Ahjya! I suggested no such thing!'' He said, thumping the ground with his foot. ''I said I needed to know your intentions on gaining power over this city to see if we can continue to co-exist!''
He settled, putting a more noble pose. ''For instance. I intend to have a city free from crime and oppression, protecting those in need and furthering the average person. If your intentions somehow work with this, then an alliance is the next step. If the agreement if over most things, then our current arrangement stands. But if you desire to make this place a city of oppression and crime, then we have issues!''

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 23, 2013, 03:51:49 pm »

"Oppression and crime are usually at odds if you haven't noticed. Mostly I'm in this to send a message to that whoreson they call my brother. If helping you gets me that I'm in. By the way, the offer for a date still stands."
Kylie gets up close to Matthias.
"Unless you don't roll that way."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 04:09:12 pm by kj1225 »

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 23, 2013, 04:07:13 pm »

(( You can't use me as an excuse yet, You've never met me and I've had no impact on you or any other guild in any shape or form. Which means your aiming to send me a message is meta gaming and also completely against the point of the game. ))
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 23, 2013, 04:09:29 pm »

((That better?))
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37