Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 91

Author Topic: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis II: OOC ~{~~(@  (Read 56419 times)

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: @)~~}~ Magia Exquisitis II: Interest Check + OOC ~{~~(@
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2013, 10:40:16 pm »

Ah, but I got my point in the Growth stage.

No matter any more, though, as I'm taking a point in that stage as well.
Still alive, amazingly.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2013, 10:47:40 pm »

Aren't we supposed to wait until tomorrow?

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and write some fluff stuff now.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2013, 10:49:07 pm »

I was told to make a sample character sheet. So I made one of my character.
Still alive, amazingly.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2013, 10:54:52 pm »

aaaah, I see. *nodnod* Got it.

Also your source on that page still has your character's information on it, not the generic stuff above it.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2013, 10:57:08 pm »

Yeah. You'll need to edit that out yourself. >_>
Still alive, amazingly.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2013, 10:59:54 pm »

Hm?

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 22, 2013, 11:03:28 pm »

Oh. OH.

Yeah, that Edit button on the top? That's actually my quick and handy link to edit the top bar. To get to my page source, you need to scroll down, hit Options > Page Source.
Still alive, amazingly.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 22, 2013, 11:06:52 pm »

I... know?

and that still has all your character's carp instead of filler stuff :<

Also, I am kinda sad that I can't find any element that would work for Fate.

Maybe Cosmos?

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 22, 2013, 11:13:22 pm »

Oh.

Yeah, you could have just said "could you please make a blank character sheet?"

Then I would know what you're talking about >_>
Still alive, amazingly.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 22, 2013, 11:13:32 pm »

You want Mundane, I think. Spells that cause people to get hurt/be protected/cause other things to happen via weird accidents would be Mundane element.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 22, 2013, 11:14:39 pm »

You want Mundane, I think. Spells that cause people to get hurt/be protected/cause other things to happen via weird accidents would be Mundane element.

Well, some of the effects are more along the lines of rewriting your own fate so that you just happen to be somewhere else when the bad shit goes down, so I'm still not sure XD

And it's not fate in the vein of 'make weird shit happen in the future' except for the Astrology, really. And that's mostly asking the Pattern Spiders REALLY nicely to do shit for you.

Also also, at some point I REALLY want to get the equivilant of Craft: Genesis XD

Basically, dicking around with LIFE ITSELF through craft rolls.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 11:17:03 pm by ragnarok97071 »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 22, 2013, 11:27:29 pm »

Well, some of the effects are more along the lines of rewriting your own fate so that you just happen to be somewhere else when the bad shit goes down, so I'm still not sure XD
Sounds like a Defensive Stance with Cosmos element. Maybe some sort of special effect that requires you to move to a random location, but gives +2 evasion? Dunno, talk to Weird I guess. But you should totally call it "Mystic Master Magoo's Fateful Dodging Jutsu".

Also also, at some point I REALLY want to get the equivilant of Craft: Genesis XD
There's Craft: Fleshworks (Mind) [Difficulty 5] [Alien] which sounds like it does what you want.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 22, 2013, 11:48:13 pm »

Sounds like a Defensive Stance with Cosmos element. Maybe some sort of special effect that requires you to move to a random location, but gives +2 evasion? Dunno, talk to Weird I guess. But you should totally call it "Mystic Master Magoo's Fateful Dodging Jutsu".
Nah, I'm going to make the names all all flowery and Exalted-flavored.

That one will probably be called Being Non-Being Stance, since that example actually exists :P

Quote from: Pale Rivers of Nirvana Style, Being Non-Being Stance
Students and novices learn to dodge attacks with swift steps and sure eyes. The enlightened master has need of neither. She need not see, she need not move. She simply is not struck. The martial artist may activate this Charm in response to any attack. She may apply her Dodge DV against all attacks made against her that tick, even if it would normally be impossible to. Undodgeable or unexpected attacks may be defended against as if they lacked those qualities, and the martial artist may dodge attacks regardless of any condition that would prevent her from doing so, such as being clinched or asleep. Against attacks that automatically hit, this Charm affords no innate defense–but if the martial artist activates it in a Combo with a Charm that affords a perfect defense, that Charm is capable of defending against the automatic attack, even if it would not normally be applicable. If the martial artist has Pale Rivers of Nirvana Form active, they may activate this Charm as an innate power, which does not count as Charm activation.

So basically that would be a Spell, actually :P Not a defensive stance. It works for a single in-combat turn, and lets you apply your dodge to attacks that normally don't get dodges.

And if you have a certain other spell active (this one just might be a defensive stance with one HELL of a special effect...), you can cast it as a cantrip. The stance:

Quote from: Pale Rivers of Nirvana Form Charm
Emptying herself of all attachment, all the burdens of self, the martial artist becomes infinitely light, a spiritual embodiment of a higher truth. She may move with perfect grace, capable of standing upon a lotus petal or walking over water. In addition to granting her perfect balance, this allows her to fly, hover, and otherwise move without regard for gravity. The enlightened master’s grace is spiritual as well, allowing her to reveal the emptiness of violence with her actions. Any character that attacks the martial artist and fails to overcome her Dodge DV, or is perfectly dodged, loses a point of temporary Willpower as they gaze into samsara revealed, seeing vague and inscrutable intimations of their own insignificance. This unnatural mental influence cannot strip more than one point of Willpower from an attacker on a single tick. Characters with no Willpower remaining instead gain an Intimacy of commitment to the ideals of pacifism, as an Emotion effect.

So basically, a Cosmos-Element Defensive Stance that:
Mindfucks people when your Evasion fucks them over.
Makes anyone who isn't a Determinator eventually become a pacifist by fighting you.
and makes certain other Cosmos-Based spells be downgraded to Cantrips.

Oh, and also it lets you FUCKING FLY.

There's Craft: Fleshworks (Mind) [Difficulty 5] [Alien] which sounds like it does what you want.

I'll look into that at some point once my core stuff is done.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 11:57:03 pm by ragnarok97071 »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 22, 2013, 11:56:18 pm »

I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about Exalted.

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 22, 2013, 11:57:13 pm »

Second.
Still alive, amazingly.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 91