Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 91

Author Topic: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis II: OOC ~{~~(@  (Read 56421 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: @)~~}~ Magia Exquisitis II: Interest Check + OOC ~{~~(@
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2013, 09:22:56 pm »

Anyway, because I couldn't find the damn create page button on Kuji's Wiki, I have started doleing out wacky homebrew shit on my Wiki. http://magia-exquisitis.wikidot.com/bloodrush-reflection-homebrew:turn-0

Kuji, feel free to copypasta the page over to your site and delete the one on mine.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2013, 09:24:29 pm »

Waaait. So we get no input on what spells we get?

At all?

We can't even ask for a general 'hey, can you get me something that does x at some point? it's kinda important for my character archetype' or something like that?

Because I know that I'm going to be annoyed if I spent a ton of points and never get my damn Siderial Astrology ritual :P
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2013, 09:34:16 pm »

It kinda assumes the GM is smart enough to read the character background and whatnot. This is a game for smart people to GM; its right there in the Devgoals. I make no apologies for that.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2013, 09:39:02 pm »

Alright, I just wanted to make sure :P

I just see that if your GM is one of the types that loves to fuck over their players, it can go very, VERY badly.

"oh, hey, you know that spell you wanted me to make? Yeah, it turns things purple. No other effects, just a big, expensive ritual that turns shit permanently purple."
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2013, 09:43:03 pm »

You know a character that just changed things involving colors and visuals isn't that bad.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2013, 09:43:29 pm »

You know a character that just changed things involving colors and visuals isn't that bad.
Be alright for an illusionist, but if you're trying to play a tank or some shit that just won't fly.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2013, 09:49:06 pm »

But have you thought of the possibilities? You could potentially always have a extreme magnifying glass. Imagine if your fighting something that hate light. Or just for blinding things! You potentially kill cities through turning them into a giant speed roaster!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2013, 09:55:23 pm »

But have you thought of the possibilities? You could potentially always have a extreme magnifying glass. Imagine if your fighting something that hate light. Or just for blinding things! You potentially kill cities through turning them into a giant speed roaster!

Even so, but the idea is that if your GM REALLY is the type that likes to troll his players, they have a HUGE amount of leeway to do so.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 22, 2013, 10:00:32 pm »

Realistically though, it's probably only going to be Bay12 people playing this game, so the likelihood of your GM being a massive troll without you knowing about it is pretty low.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 22, 2013, 10:01:29 pm »

Realistically though, it's probably only going to be Bay12 people playing this game, so the likelihood of your GM being a massive troll without you knowing about it is pretty low.

It's bay12. There are a LOT of trolls around here...

But yeah, they're mostly all known quantities, and they're usually not TOO evil about it.

Carry on.

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 22, 2013, 10:19:01 pm »

Weird: http://kotodes.wikidot.com/bloodrush-reflection-homebrew:turn-0

Next time, just append something onto the URL. For example, if you wanted to make another HB page for the next turn, just grab the page URL and change 0 to 1. As long as you don't try to make new folders, it should be alright (that's pretty much how I create my pages nowadays)
Still alive, amazingly.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2013, 10:24:59 pm »

Alright, so just to make sure, I'd like to ask

At least for our starting skills, will you accept requests in at least small ways as to what we'd like to start with as a baseline?

For example, Say, if I wanted to start with a spell that emulated the effect of Duck Fate from Exalted (Essentially, a sixth sense that grants you a perfect dodge against a single unexpected danger), could I request that and have you consider that request when creating a spell?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 22, 2013, 10:25:17 pm »

Unlike Haspen. We all know Haspen is the best of troll GMs.

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 22, 2013, 10:29:12 pm »

Hm... wait, wouldn't my Anthropology Education hit Rank 2 since it's an Alien skill, and I totally forgot about it during my skill additions?

Or maybe the hint here is to grab one more plus skill and one minus skill. >_>
Still alive, amazingly.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 22, 2013, 10:35:51 pm »

When you raise an Alien skill during this stage of character creation it is increased to Rank 3.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 91