Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: Creation of Mitheraria (Illustrated, deific world creation)  (Read 27835 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Creation of Mitheraria (Illustrated, deific world creation)
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2013, 06:46:40 am »

"Let us not quarrel right now, rebellious ones and smug ones alike. We are the first because we were first-chosen, appointed by reality itself. The first-chosen rule first, as it is the order of things, and the rest must respect them. When the first-chosen fade away as waves in the cosmos, then come the second-chosen. No god can truly die, but by violating the compact of reality you jeopardize the harmony of the universe, inviting dire repercussions for yourselves and others. We are not mortals who may assume power of our own will. It is given to us."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 06:49:18 am by Harry Baldman »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2013, 06:49:24 am »

"...For the record, no such Compact exists to our knowledge. We certainly won't be bound by something we never agreed to, and whose existence is only acknowledged by those it benefits."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2013, 06:56:01 am »

"...For the record, no such Compact exists to our knowledge. We certainly won't be bound by something we never agreed to, and whose existence is only acknowledged by those it benefits."

"Does it not? Clearly this reality is bound by certain rules none may break. All prime gods have three spheres, none of which may overlap. There are four prime gods, and new ones may only appear as the last ones fade away. We are bound, like it or not. We must act according to our station. This is the root of our existence. Once we stop acting, we fade away. By being here, we have silently agreed to respect these rules and act according to the whim of the highest power, the wellspring of all that is, us included."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 06:58:58 am by Harry Baldman »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2013, 07:06:26 am »

"Assume that these are laws and not coincidences. Where does it say that the 'lesser' gods must obey the 'greater' ones?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2013, 07:15:08 am »

"Assume that these are laws and not coincidences. Where does it say that the 'lesser' gods must obey the 'greater' ones?"

"There are no coincidences in our universe, friend. The minor gods, the ones not chosen, must act as observers as per the agreement, showing unified support for actions they can advocate. Otherwise, all of creation will get out of hand as the number of acting gods overflows and the highest power's patience wears thin. And upon the highest power we all depend to a similar degree. It can end us all in no more than two words, possibly less. Have you noticed how time seems to have slowed down as we speak and how none dare move at this point? That is the highest power's grip on time showing itself. Even the prime gods cannot affect that."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2013, 07:26:03 am »

"Or maybe everyone is simply arguing rather than working? I still don't buy your argument, especially given how convenient it is for you Elder Gods..."
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2013, 07:33:34 am »

"Or maybe everyone is simply arguing rather than working? I still don't buy your argument, especially given how convenient it is for you Elder Gods..."

"We were chosen, and that fact is clear. 'From nothing, four gods sprang into existence. Bored of Void, they combined their powers to form a planet of rock. Bored of darkness, they created a star.' The highest power appointed us as demiurges of this universe, and it is by its decree that we must act. You came later, reptilian friend, so you do not know this. But ask the one known as 'Kyle'. He was also one of the first, yet not chosen. Such is reality, and its harmony we must uphold."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:35:36 am by Harry Baldman »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2013, 07:40:17 am »

"Show us one thing that suggests that it is not just coincidence. And if there are no coincidences, consider this: We have two heads, and should therefore count as two gods, and are therefore twice as great as any god. No coincidences!"
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2013, 07:51:03 am »

"Show us one thing that suggests that it is not just coincidence. And if there are no coincidences, consider this: We have two heads, and should therefore count as two gods, and are therefore twice as great as any god. No coincidences!"

"Ah, but you are not a god, actually. The four prime gods are true gods. You are an observer. Observers can only manifest things when in great numbers or unopposed. Such is the order of things. And your shape, though undoubtedly an extension of your ambition to be more than you are, is ultimately superfluous."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:52:36 am by Harry Baldman »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2013, 08:06:58 am »

((...Okay, hold on, I don't think I understand my position here. Could the GM comment on the discussion so far?))
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2013, 09:12:48 am »

"I was about to criticize them for being petty, but now I am firmly on their side. Why are you so...arrogant?"

((It should be noted that I said that while running off a lack of sleep and purely on the thought process of 'This would be funny.' and 'I never really take RP sections seriously at all.' Not really all that funny in hindsight, and I apparently kickstarted a minor god revolution in the process. Why didn't I put a {s} around it!? Really should not have chosen 'wisdom' as a sphere. Wonder if I can retroactively change it.))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 09:29:02 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2013, 09:26:13 am »

"Observers, eh? Observe my a**!"
I call: Deity Duel!
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2013, 10:48:39 am »

((...Okay, hold on, I don't think I understand my position here. Could the GM comment on the discussion so far?))
((What greatness did you people do to my thread, and where is my popcorn?

That's probably not what you're asking. After some 20 seconds of thought, I will confirm that you are minor gods, with the appearances and spheres [your spheres will do nothing until ascension, and I'll let you mutate some to 'properly' fill the vacuum.] you've requested. I think a revolution might be possible by damaging the majors' spheres with intent to rebel.

Derm, I'll allow you to change your wisdom sphere since it's still early.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2013, 10:51:23 am »

Lesse, I have Hardship, Progress...

Innovation might be a good one.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2013, 10:54:40 am »

Lesse, I have Hardship, Progress...

Innovation might be a good one.
((Accepted.))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25