Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: Creation of Mitheraria (Illustrated, deific world creation)  (Read 27838 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Creation of Mitheraria (Illustrated, deific world creation)
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2013, 08:54:37 pm »

(You may want to make some, you know, water first. Shit's just pure rock at the moment. Generic rock, even. It ain't granite or basalt, it's just the formless hard entity of 'rock'.)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2013, 08:58:03 pm »

(I've got that taken care of. :I)

Create an ocean, splitting the land into a handful of large continents, each with long rivers curling through them.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2013, 08:59:58 pm »

((Considered air, shrugged it off as probably fine. Didn't consider water.

Oh well. I'm sure the trees will work fine or I'll have to make moss or worms or something to break the rock down.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2013, 12:52:43 am »

With a faint shifting of reality almost invisible to the naked eye of even gods, Yon descends.

Whisper to the core of the planet, awaken movement of heated matter within it. Warm its heart to melting point with songs of harmony and dreams of a better tomorrow. Reassure it that Yon loves it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:08:58 am by Harry Baldman »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2013, 05:01:28 pm »

(Generic rock, even. It ain't granite or basalt, it's just the formless hard entity of 'rock'.)
((It's not generic rock. It's a planet made up of the pure spiritual concept of Rock.))

{3} - Auphanim decides to create the tallest mountain on the planet, on the equator. He technically succeeds, but it won't take much to surpass it, and it lacks the ability to grow on its own.

{6} - Lord Argent coats the planet with water, which quickly freezes in the vacuum, then raises three continents from it, and even adds some islands. He doesn't have enough energy left to crisscross every continent with large saltwater rivers.

{6} - Ar'kahal creates Maka trees, and drills a few scattered clumps through the solid rock on each continent (not visible). With no soil, air, or mana, they can't yet do anything. They are, however, capable of surviving nearly indefinitly in such a harsh environment due to his flawless designing skills.

{4} - Yon forms a molten core for the planet.

((Sorry for the 90's color quality. It's the .gif file type.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2013, 05:05:39 pm »

A Sharpness, defined.

Create a wide and completely stable gaping chasm around the mountain, and use the used material to further heighten the mountain.

((Considered air, shrugged it off as probably fine.))

(I'm feeling smug at the moment. Can you tell?)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 05:09:26 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2013, 07:34:42 pm »

Create a nice, oxygen-rich atmosphere.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2013, 11:12:23 pm »

Observer Suggestion:
The minor gods create crystals full of varying forms of magical energy and spread them throughout the underground.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2013, 11:24:53 pm »

Create the sleeping seeds of a new form of life deep underground that subsists on the heat received from the core.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2013, 11:28:42 pm »

The other God RtD died, so...
Spoiler: Neyravah (click to show/hide)
Let me know which Spheres have been taken.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2013, 12:10:01 am »

Soften and reform parts of the stony surface into rich, fertile soil.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2013, 09:00:17 pm »

I think I need to texture it to get vertex paint to render. A pity.

Spoiler: SPOILER PREVIEW (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2013, 07:03:44 pm »

{6} - Auphanim improves his mountain by creating a massive chasm around it as he heightens it, dominating the second continent with his creation. Not being content with a mere trench, he links it through space, adds a filter on it to keep the air away, effectively making it bottomless.

{4} - A meddlesome minor god has appeared! It disrupted the balance of the pure rock by adding mana crystal veins beneath the planet's surface!

{5} - Yon creates the first fauna on the planet. The <UNNAMEDFAUNA1>s are small worms that live deep underground, and are capable of turning heat into biomass. In fact, they don't need anything else to live. They are capable of burrowing through rock. They have no intelligence to speak of.

{3} - Lord Argent creates a thin layer of soil on the third continent. (The island-y one. Blender is mysteriously refusing to render the texture, and I can't remember why it does the things it does. Blender is strange.)

{1} - Ar'kahal attempts to give life to the planet by giving it a balanced atmosphere with enough oxygen to support life. He accidentally gives it a pure chlorine atmosphere instead, which is certain to do terrible things to any life it comes into contact with.
{6} - Except for the Maka trees. Able to survive in a vacuum, they quickly adapt. They adapt too well, and will now have trouble thriving with a real atmosphere.

Now that there is an atmosphere, the ice melts. Air currents start to form.

{5} - The <UNNAMEDFAUNA1> frequently create tiny tunnels above the molten core, despite having everything they need. The surface isn't hot enough for them to be in any danger of digging into the chlorine atmosphere.

{3} - Now that there is an atmosphere, water, and the third landmass has soil, clusters of the Maka trees on the third landmass have begun to grow.

Spoiler: Geology (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Astronomy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Botanistry (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2013, 07:17:43 pm »

From uncertanty, purpose.

Create a singular gigantic entity at the core of the planet called 'The Caged One'.

I am formulating a plan of how magic, life, and death works. Do not interrupt me.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:38:40 pm by dermonster »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2013, 07:21:22 pm »

Minor god suggestion:  Change Maya trees so that they absorb chlorine and change it to oxygen and then release it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25