Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Dragon RTD Rawr: Turn 1: Birth  (Read 5806 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon RTD Rawr: Turn 1: Birth
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2013, 10:46:39 am »

Putting in an app for the waitlist. Because why not.
Name: Troten
Figure: Savage
Color: Dark Blue
Breath: Spells
Story: Troten was reared on the coast by his mother, his father being killed in a quarrel with a gold dragon before he hatched. Troten's father was a strong green-scaled hunter and his white-scaled magic using mother tried to teach Troten to be strong in his memory, but Troten was more interested in the magic his mother used.
CM: 100 (Figure) = 100
STR: 50 (Figure) = 50
INT: 30 (Figure) + 10 (Scales) + 30 (Breath) = 70
CHAR: 50 (Figure) - 20 (Scales) = 30
REP: -50% (Figure) = -50%

Will finish it later.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2013, 11:38:17 am »

The hatchling was hungry. And.... curious. And his instincts told him to satisfy this.
 Head through the ruins to the forest, eating anything I see that's edible. use force breath on any prey significantly bigger than me.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 02:03:30 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2013, 12:11:37 pm »

Curious eyes move their gaze from left to right, up and down as Aodh begins to search for a way to eliminate his hunger. Finding no way of doing it nearby through his own strength, the small dragon opens its mouth and begins its attempts to produce a few dulcet, plaintive sounds to call the attention of anyone or anything nearby in order to have his wishes for nourishment fulfilled before long.

Start trying out some semi-musical crying to call for food.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2013, 02:24:37 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2013, 02:42:26 pm »

Tabella look around, awe filled. Her belly made her stop gawping.

Hunt for food.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2013, 06:13:14 pm »

((Now that's a concise turn XD

Still, forgot my appearance since it wasn't mentioned either. Edited in.  ::) ))

Warmth! Warmth!

Feelings of joy and peace resonated through Adwen's mind as she looked around and examined her surroundings. It feels good. It feels safe. She flops out of the egg cutely as she tries to struggle, getting used to her body and the cave interior.

She knows she is being watched, and she is happy. Curiosity comes to her mind as she tries to match sounds with words. How does one speak when one knows, but is unable to say?

Body language! Gesture to my mother how much I love her! And then father, too.

Also if possible, try to test out my breath by writing on the ground my feelings.

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2013, 12:11:29 am »

Explore the new world, search/hunt for food.
Rawr

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2013, 02:19:05 am »

((Now that's a concise turn XD ))
((I know the writing is by far not the best that I am capable of, but hey, eight players. Besides it's hard to describe the world through the eyes of a hatchling. I will probably describe everything in more detail in the later stages of the game.
 Actually, I think I'm just going to go for a less-but-better approach. Instead of trying to keep up with the "turn per day" pace that seems to be standard with RTDs, I'll try to write four turns per day, but with actual effort put into them. xP
 Also, less waitlist signups, please. This is not going to be one of the player-slaughtering RTDs that I usually run, so it will take time for people in the waitlist to actually start playing.))
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2013, 02:23:24 am »

Also, less waitlist signups, please. This is not going to be one of the player-slaughtering RTDs that I usually run, so it will take time for people in the waitlist to actually start playing.))
((I'm more than willing to wait.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2013, 03:52:30 am »

Actually, I think I'm just going to go for a less-but-better approach. Instead of trying to keep up with the "turn per day" pace that seems to be standard with RTDs, I'll try to write four turns per day, but with actual effort put into them. xP
How will that work out for players who post slowly or at times you are sleeping? It would result in some being far ahead of others, and it may be somewhat unfair for some too.

Plus, that is an ambitious standard you are setting for yourself, even though you have said many times that you quit things and so and so.

But... dude, it's not like waitlisting hurts anything on your side. And there is no benefit for the waitlisters to wait, while there would be a large penalty, as that would mean others would get in quicker because they waitlisted before them unless you randomly picked players from the waitlist.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2013, 03:55:46 am »

How will that work out for players who post slowly or at times you are sleeping? It would result in some being far ahead of others, and it may be somewhat unfair for some too.
Nononononono. Not "post four turns", "write four turns". I always write the turns in .txt files before copy-pasting them on the thread.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2013, 04:21:47 am »

Oh, I think I see what you meant, you meant you'll be writing the turns of half the players per day as opposed to all of them. Nevermind.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 04:24:05 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jembot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2013, 07:06:09 am »

Waitlist me, sheet up tomorrow.
You people are insane.
Hello there, we're Bay12! So pleased to meet you!

Remigiusz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2013, 07:24:51 am »

when next turn?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2013, 01:55:16 am »

Sorry, computer problems of the "even windows explorer keeps crashing" type. Fixed it, sorta. Turn probably tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6