Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26

Author Topic: You are a Lord II  (Read 33600 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Lord II
« Reply #210 on: June 18, 2013, 04:48:56 pm »

Kyle walks into the throne room.
"So, why is there a mob outside the castle gates?"
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 06:02:20 pm by kj1225 »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 18, 2013, 04:50:00 pm »

I've temporarily withdrawn that bubble of the future because I didn't notice he still had a chance to fight for his freedom.  Whether that happens now depends on how that negotiation takes place.

"Greetings. I am here to discuss the increase in the dividend paid to your tribe. To begin with, why was the increase requested? I assume there is a reason..."

"My tribe?" says the golden-eyed elder innocently.  "Oh, you mean the Alvings!  Yes, that was odd, wasn't it?  The old chief actually protested it extensively, but the mountain clans wanted to test the resolve of the young king and the chief's son was all for it.  Truth be told, he's a terrible warmonger - the old chief was the only thing keeping him in check.

"No, I imagine the increase was a bluff, to see if your king would fold or hold strong.  Still, a good thing there's no real reason for conflict, is there?  Tell me, though - are you a man of peace, or war?"
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 05:27:24 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 18, 2013, 05:34:32 pm »

(( Going with the alternate version in any case since it fits my orders. ))

As the 3 blades are led to the tree to be hung the remaining 12 prepare crossbows from hidden position around the square then open fire on those dragging the 3 blades while 2 of them both aim for the chiefs son.

Remaining blades having hidden to attempt a rescue of the captured blades will attempt to kill the chiefs son and those dragging the captured blades, the captured blades will flee and find cover if they escape.

Caught off guard for a second by the sudden attack Alexis quickly shouts orders for the blades to keep firing and assumes command.

Order blades to keep firing aiming for soldiers only and not civilians, once the captured blades have escaped or been killed the other blades and Alexis will retreat and find cover.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 18, 2013, 05:42:26 pm »

(( Going with the alternate version in any case since it fits my orders. ))

As the 3 blades are led to the tree to be hung the remaining 12 prepare crossbows from hidden position around the square then open fire on those dragging the 3 blades while 2 of them both aim for the chiefs son.

Remaining blades having hidden to attempt a rescue of the captured blades will attempt to kill the chiefs son and those dragging the captured blades, the captured blades will flee and find cover if they escape.

Caught off guard for a second by the sudden attack Alexis quickly shouts orders for the blades to keep firing and assumes command.

Order blades to keep firing aiming for soldiers only and not civilians, once the captured blades have escaped or been killed the other blades and Alexis will retreat and find cover.

Your remaining blades have fled into the shadows.  They are unable to co-ordinate such a response on their own, but [6+1] your voice carries clearly from your position and the dozen blades emerge from hiding and do begin shooting.  [1 vs 6] Two of the Alving warriors go down by crossbow bolt, but by this point the others are already upon the blades with their axes.  Three draw longbows and start firing back.  Half of the blades go down in the first exchange.

Of course, your own position is given away as well.  One of the archers spots you and fires [5 vs 2] but you are able to press yourself down against the thatching of the roof and avoid the shot.  A pair of warriors start running toward your hut to drag you down, so you are forced to try and scramble away.  [4 vs 1] You manage to slip off the roof and scarper away to the edge of the village before the warriors can catch you, [1 vs 6] but a parting shot catches you in the leg and you are forced to break the arrow shaft before you can carry on.

You stumble on through the mid-morning light until you reach a pair of figures approaching through the woods; Grewie and Gamel.  You collapse, feverish, at their feet.  There is no sign of the remaining blades.

Your wounds are infected.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 07:03:56 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 18, 2013, 05:45:41 pm »

... feel free to kill me off. I quit.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 06:00:31 pm by Alexandria »
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 18, 2013, 05:57:02 pm »

After spending a respectable amount of time making sure her accommodation was up to scratch, her blade sharp and her clothing neat, Anastasia spent several hours acquainting herself with the royal residence. After her excursion came to a close, she decided that it was about time she put her skills to good use, and thought the best way to do that would be to hunt down Raeric and his men and offer her martial skills in their endevour.

Try to find Raeric. Offer to assist his military training program.

While the commander was overseeing the troops training (he was still working with only a tenth of his men, and watching with great amusement as his Wardens tried to show the peasants how to march in order), a woman arrived near him. He recognized her easily as the weapons master who had recently arrived at court. Although what she wanted was pretty obvious, he asked anyway for the sake of politeness.

"You're here to help drill the troops, I assume?"

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2013, 06:01:13 pm »

Looking up weakly Alexis grabbed the mage by his ankles.

Infiltrated chiefs court... witch killed him.... guards blamed me.... killed my sisters... heal mmm.

Then passes out before she can finish.

Sitting in her normal position listening to the reports Alexis 2.0 sighed tiredly for a moment then left the hall and quickly gathered up the rest of the blades and begun detailing assignments then walked back in a short time later taking her seat.

5 blades are to investigate the ogres each of them working alone in civilian clothing to avoid detection.
The remaining 15 are to split into small mobile groups then hunt down and kill every bandit or brigand they find within the borders of the kingdom and claim the loot from them for the order. No prisoners and only attack by surprise when they have the advantage.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 07:03:50 pm by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 18, 2013, 06:51:04 pm »

Gorlath slowly approaches the gates of the capital, his heavy footsteps impacting upon the dirt road that led to the castle itself, leaving behind some impressibely deep footsteps upon the surface of the road.

Approaching the guards at the entrance, he bowed humbly before introducing himself.

"I am Gorlath, Chaplain-Errant of his holiness the pope. I wish to to speak to your liege." he said softly, not making much of an expression while speaking.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 18, 2013, 07:15:35 pm »

Herr Gamel, unwounded by the combat but unnerved by how quickly everything went wrong, starts ranting, half in his native tongue, when he sees the Court Mage.

"Wizard, turn back! It's all gone to hundescheibe! Alexis went to spy on the chief and then everything went wrong. [Untranslatable Cursing!] The guards tried to arrest us, people were screaming of witches, we must leave now if we are to escape them!"

Noticing Alexis, he hefts her up and starts off in the direction Grewie came from, urging him to follow. "I will bring her, we can heal her and plan once we're safe. You can't meet with the Alvings, it would be suicide."

Get Grewie, Alexis and any entourage off the road and into hiding. Heal Alexis. (E: Only if Grewie refuses, forgot to clarify) Hear from Grewie before making more plans. Swear in German.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 07:32:09 pm by Grek »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 18, 2013, 08:29:51 pm »

"I am glad for these tidings. I, personally, am a man of peace, but I fear the king is intending a war to punish the Alvlings for their demands. So, you would be willing to reduce the demands to the normal levels, as with the past several years?"

((Also, when did I meet Gamel?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 18, 2013, 08:45:47 pm »

((Directly after leaving the guy you're talking to now.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 18, 2013, 09:00:37 pm »

((Convenient. And I meet Alexandra later?))

"Greetings, Herr Gamel. And...what? What did that bimbo* do?"

*Substitute era-appropriate epithet for "Bimbo".
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 18, 2013, 09:22:27 pm »

"I am glad for these tidings. I, personally, am a man of peace, but I fear the king is intending a war to punish the Alvlings for their demands. So, you would be willing to reduce the demands to the normal levels, as with the past several years?"

((Also, when did I meet Gamel?))

"I am sure, if you were to make the case to the chief in a way that shows respect but firmness, he would accept it as proof.  Only the young and insecure and the old and bitter wish war, and the Alving chief is neither young nor bitter.  Go with the shade, my friend, and may this bring you luck on your road to peace."

The old man tosses you a silver coin with a tri-knot symbol on it, finishes his yoghurt and sets off on his merry way.  You watch him leave for a while, then move on yourself - the blades have already outpaced you by a solid stretch.  Presumably they've already reached the town by now; it'll take you at least an hour more of walking.

((Convenient. And I meet Alexandra later?))

"Greetings, Herr Gamel. And...what? What did that bimbo* do?"

*Substitute era-appropriate epithet for "Bimbo".

*Wench / Wanton / Harlot / Slattern all work.  Anything of Gothic or Frankish origin, really.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 18, 2013, 09:27:25 pm »

"Ah, that's the problem! I don't know. All I saw before I got started reworking our maps was her going towards the chief's hall and then..." he waves his hand toward the village, "...that happened! I am certain she is the cause of this, but what she did to make such an uproar, I may never understand."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 18, 2013, 10:10:55 pm »

"...I see. Well, I understand the assumption. Shall we investigate, or abandon her?"
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26