Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 324

Author Topic: Gaming Pet Peeves  (Read 519022 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Pet Peeves
« Reply #4665 on: April 24, 2018, 12:45:30 pm »

I have a distinct memory of getting Sim City 3000 Unlimited as a gift for my birthday when I was younger and getting blown away by the massive size of the manual. It was over 200 pages
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: April 24, 2018, 02:01:02 pm »

That inspired me to go looking for the SimLife manual, and I'll be darned if I didn't manage to find something at least claiming to be it!

https://annarchive.com/simlife.html

And yeah, the manual is 173mb, vastly larger than the game itself. But my phone doesn't understand .cbz file extensions, so I can't bask in it at the moment.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: April 24, 2018, 02:31:07 pm »

I think cbz files need some sort of comic book reader software... I'm on mobile too right now or I'd check.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: April 24, 2018, 04:17:35 pm »

Man, Final Fantasy 2 (or 4 now, I guess) had a great manual. It even came with a walkthrough all the way up to going underground. There were some great NES manuals too, like the ones for Totally Rad or Castlevania 3.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: April 24, 2018, 07:31:29 pm »

I think cbz files need some sort of comic book reader software... I'm on mobile too right now or I'd check.

it's just a renamed zip file full of images.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: April 24, 2018, 08:33:35 pm »

But my phone doesn't understand .cbz file extensions, so I can't bask in it at the moment.

https://fileinfo.com/extension/cbz
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: April 29, 2018, 03:36:46 pm »

Not so much gaming but gamer related:  People who say things like "I didn't have any trouble with that boss, I don't know why people are complaining."

So to all of 'those guys' out there, here, I'll make it really simple:

I don't play the game the way you do, and that guy over there doesn't play it the way I do, in fact, none of these guys play the game the same way, and because they don't play it the same way they're all going to have different experiences, and that is normal.  The fact that you didn't have any trouble means exactly jack shit.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: April 29, 2018, 04:34:26 pm »

Not so much gaming but gamer related:  People who say things like "I didn't have any trouble with that boss, I don't know why people are complaining."

So to all of 'those guys' out there, here, I'll make it really simple:

I don't play the game the way you do, and that guy over there doesn't play it the way I do, in fact, none of these guys play the game the same way, and because they don't play it the same way they're all going to have different experiences, and that is normal.  The fact that you didn't have any trouble means exactly jack shit.

https://youtu.be/BGPpoCn41f4

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: April 29, 2018, 05:54:08 pm »

I honestly cannot tell if that was supposed to be rebutting, supporting, or trolling.  Regardless of intent, posting a youtube link without context adds nothing to the discussion.

In all fairness tho', it was amusing and impressive.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:59:53 pm by NullForceOmega »

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: April 29, 2018, 06:06:28 pm »

I honestly cannot tell if that was supposed to be rebutting, supporting, or trolling.  Regardless of intent, posting a youtube link without context adds nothing to the discussion.

Considering that your comment was a singular opinion without interaction any kind before he posted, one could say that he added everything to the discussion by allowing to exist.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: April 29, 2018, 06:36:52 pm »

I had 2 seperate people come out to me today.  Guy and gal.  Or 2 gals.  w.e.

like wtf guys.  You know I'm not gay, right?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: April 29, 2018, 06:40:03 pm »

Like, wtf, Piss, you know this isn't the WTF thread, right?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: April 29, 2018, 06:42:06 pm »

Like, wtf, Piss, you know this isn't the WTF thread, right?
wtf
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: April 29, 2018, 06:56:20 pm »

I'm guessing it has something to do with this part:

I don't play the game the way you do, and that guy over there doesn't play it the way I do, in fact, none of these guys play the game the same way

I must confess I had huge troubles keeping myself from beginning this post with an "I didn't have any trouble with interpreting the post".
Love, scriver~

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: April 29, 2018, 11:19:29 pm »

I'm pretty sure that that was the point as well, I just couldn't see the specific purpose.  It could be agreeing with the assertion, by displaying the there are people who play games in radically different ways than others.  It could have been an extremely poor attempt at a "Playing the game differently is no excuse for being bad at it" argument.  Or it could have just been for lulz.  I wasn't able to discern an actual meaning to it, so I questioned it.

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 324