Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 324

Author Topic: Gaming Pet Peeves  (Read 519327 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Pet Peeves
« Reply #4050 on: March 25, 2017, 12:05:43 am »

I have chests filled with items in Skyrim because dumping loot in a chest and forgetting about it is more practical than trying to sell it.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: March 25, 2017, 12:11:34 am »

The worst sin any RPG can commit is having vendors with limited gold. Whenever I want to get rid of something in Fallout, I have to go on a cross-country journey just to find enough vendors with enough caps to get even close to the actual value of the item.

I escaped with several [spoilers omitted] from Dead Money. Nobody in the entire wasteland has enough caps to buy them outright, so I ended up trading it for a bunch of crap I didn't really want. Some day in the future, I will have traded all that random crap away and finally have enough caps to represent the actual value of the item. Some day far in the future when I'm sick of New Vegas and don't care anymore.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: March 25, 2017, 01:29:15 am »

That reminds me...

Games with radio broadcasts in them-- This is fine and dandy. Just dont make the DJ into somebody that you feel compelled to murder in the most painful ways possible. (Yes, I am talking about YOU "Mr. NewVegas.") 

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: March 25, 2017, 01:36:34 am »

I liked Mr New Vegas. As a matter of fact, I liked him so much I made it a point to blow Three Dog's brains out whenever I got my first magnum, so that he could have no competition.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: March 25, 2017, 01:38:07 am »

3-Dog was worse. Yes.  But all of the DJs in the bethesda Fallouts have been horrible, and needing to be taken out back and taken out of their misery.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: March 25, 2017, 02:05:19 am »

3dawg??
AWOO!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SKI-o5u6RE

pls no kill ):

Edit for the last awoo
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: March 25, 2017, 02:08:21 am »

That reminds me...

Games with radio broadcasts in them-- This is fine and dandy. Just dont make the DJ into somebody that you feel compelled to murder in the most painful ways possible. (Yes, I am talking about YOU "Mr. NewVegas.")
Just listen to the Mojave Music Radio. All music all the time.

Not like in Fallout 3 where it's a choice between a self-aggrandizing asshole or propaganda.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: March 25, 2017, 08:20:47 am »

OUR PRESIDENT JOHN HENRY EDEN WANTS NONE OF YOUR INSULTS!

He simply wants to Make America Great Again!

:P

I escaped with several [spoilers omitted] from Dead Money. Nobody in the entire wasteland has enough caps to buy them outright, so I ended up trading it for a bunch of crap I didn't really want. Some day in the future, I will have traded all that random crap away and finally have enough caps to represent the actual value of the item. Some day far in the future when I'm sick of New Vegas and don't care anymore.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: March 25, 2017, 09:15:40 am »

I liked Mr New Vegas. As a matter of fact, I liked him so much I made it a point to blow Three Dog's brains out whenever I got my first magnum, so that he could have no competition.
While I didn't go as extreme as Mr. Chickens did here, I do happen to enjoy Mr. New Vegas's voice and the things he says.

The worst sin any RPG can commit is having vendors with limited gold. Whenever I want to get rid of something in Fallout, I have to go on a cross-country journey just to find enough vendors with enough caps to get even close to the actual value of the item.
In Mount and Blade: Warband, none of the villages have any denars.

Because that's realistic.

Sure, sure, it's nice to get food because your troops need it, but at the same time, some of that food spoils causing you to waste gold...

It can be irritating.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: March 25, 2017, 10:21:52 am »

Actually if I remember correctly, blowing 3dog's brains out results in his station being taken over by his janitor or something? Who just sometimes says something about 3dog being dead and plays music.

Also once I did the quest for the old lady with the radio station her husband made that's good enough to transmit all over the capital wasteland, I quite liked the violin music she did. There was just something charming about that.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: March 25, 2017, 10:51:53 am »

I would take that over three-dog's constant crooning and infuriating social commentary.

(and yes, In NV, *I DO* listen to the station added by OldWorldBlues. Nice, soft jazz. Granted, I like some of the cowboy hick music on radio new vegas, but Mr New Vegas can go die of internal bleeding after being anally violated by a giant saguaro cactus. If I have to hear him smooze on female listeners ONE.. MORE.. TIME..., or comment about the lyrics of the song that just played.... Yeah. No thanks. Horrible cactus penetration related death for you Mr Vegas. Maybe slathered in honey, and laid out next to a cazadore nest. I wish there was a config option to reduce the number of "banter" interruptions he makes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: March 25, 2017, 10:58:24 am »

Mr. New Vegas has the most annoying speech pattern. It's hard to describe, but he pauses in front of certain words and whenever he's about to make a point, and it drives me up the wall. Generic folksy old-timey bullshit advice gets old real quick too. I turn off every radio I see in New Vegas.

Three-dog and Enclave Radio were actually pretty entertaining. It weirdly reminded me of Jet Set Radio Future. It helps that 3dog and Eden are the only characters with a spark of genuine emotion in all of FO3.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: March 25, 2017, 11:31:34 am »

I don't think I ever really listened to the radio in Fallout 4. I believe I turned it on a few times, heard some of the same songs and preferred to listen to the ambient sounds. The songs are nice but I think they could do to broaden the genres a bit more. As for the radio hosts I wasn't too bothered by any of them but they did get a bit repetitive, especially their comments before and after certain songs.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Trebz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: March 25, 2017, 02:15:00 pm »

Games showing up with descriptions like ...is a turn based tactical RPG which has you leading a mercenary company in a gritty, low-power, medieval fantasy world. You decide where to go, whom to hire or to fight, what contracts to take and how to train and equip your men in a procedurally generated open world campaign.
Deep strategy with simulation elements. Be a vampire hunter, cyborg or warrior in a vast empire.

And when you look at the pics its all anime characters with big heads, power bars/health bars, 2d grid battles, and *procedurally generated* candyland map where you can "choose" to move your piece in any of 4 options like a monopoly character.

I've seen too many of these types of games that have a great premise but phone app quality.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: March 25, 2017, 02:57:32 pm »

Wow.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 324