Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 324

Author Topic: Gaming Pet Peeves  (Read 519206 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Pet Peeves
« Reply #4230 on: April 06, 2017, 02:52:02 am »

A cloak can go over the top of said scantily clad armor, and greatly reduce cold exposure.
(but then you wouldnt see the titties.)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: April 06, 2017, 03:10:17 am »

To be fair, loincloth-clad barbarians in the arctic wastes is a long-standing tradition in fantasy. Diana Wynne-Jones once wrote a book about fantasy tropes called Toughpick Guide to Fantasyland and noted that the hotter it is, the more clothes one wears, starting from near-nothing in the frozen north to the robe-covered nomads of the desert.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: April 06, 2017, 03:14:45 am »

To be fair, loincloth-clad barbarians in the arctic wastes is a long-standing tradition in fantasy. Diana Wynne-Jones once wrote a book about fantasy tropes called Toughpick Guide to Fantasyland and noted that the hotter it is, the more clothes one wears, starting from near-nothing in the frozen north to the robe-covered nomads of the desert.

Those same Barbarians though block swords with their abs, shatter steel with their yells, and often can walk through fire... and are often like cold people.

I think Sif is perfectly fine with get up (though I prefer her original... dang remake... you make everyone look dumber :P )
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 03:30:31 am by Neonivek »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: April 06, 2017, 03:58:27 am »

Weather Inappropriate Clothing

Ok now I have a level of disbelief I can muster, I am not a stickler for clothing to be accurate just sort of give an idea of being appropriate. As well I don't really expect people to have changes of clothes for all situations...

But goodness are there a LOT of RPGs where the scantly clad women and men won't change their clothes in the freeken arctic! and MOST of the time there is no excuse.

And these are often not games where "Ohh they could only have one model" is an excuse... they usually do have a few changes of clothes in the game... but they just aren't sexy enough for ice.

Mass Effect is awful in this regard in every game but the first. I got so sick of having what felt like every companion bring a >breath mask< to space or mars or just about anywhere else. It's not just oxygen! Breath masks won't do it! Jack in ME2 is the worst because her clothing may as well not exist.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: April 06, 2017, 04:00:58 am »

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: April 06, 2017, 04:10:48 am »

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 04:46:51 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: April 06, 2017, 05:00:01 am »

That doesn't really answer my question. As far as I'm concerned, Sif is a big ol' wolf. :V

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: April 06, 2017, 05:03:39 am »

That doesn't really answer my question. As far as I'm concerned, Sif is a big ol' wolf. :V

I have no clue who they're talking about, so that was Sif from the MCU. :P

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: April 06, 2017, 05:06:44 am »

Who is notably under-dressed, yet a surprisingly competent sword user.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: April 06, 2017, 05:17:18 am »

Sif from Romancing Saga... here is what she looks like

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah this game probably had some of the weirdest redesigns... and TRUST me... she is FAR from the weirdest redesign...

That honor goes to Albert who goes from basically a caped prince... to a Butterfly Fairy
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 05:20:20 am by Neonivek »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: April 06, 2017, 05:22:57 am »

The horned cap is a little weird but the new design looks a lot less neon/80s. If it wasn't for the hat I wouldn't see a problem, myself. (I'm taking it for granted the chibi-ish art style is how everyone looks in the game and not just her alone, of course. :P )

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: April 06, 2017, 05:27:36 am »

and Albert went from this

To this!

And trust me those wings on his back? Increase their size until they encapsulate his entire body length... and you have an idea of how it actually looks in game.

And yes it peeves me... Because not only does it look stupid... There is actually no explanation for why he has wings outside that MAYBE he is somewhat of a Fighter Mage in the game (In a game where you can build anyone anyway you want)

Though to admit he still isn't the dumbest looking character in that game... That honor goes to the weird Lady Bug Princess with the HUGE butt.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 05:29:20 am by Neonivek »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: April 06, 2017, 05:31:02 am »

...Is that, like, pink whipped cream with cherries on top on his chest, there? In that second design? Because I'm not exactly sure that's a good idea to wear. XD

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: April 06, 2017, 05:33:30 am »

While... it doesn't look better in the larger image. I get the impression it is meant to be a red cabochon in a white inlet.
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 324