Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 324

Author Topic: Gaming Pet Peeves  (Read 517570 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Pet Peeves
« Reply #2880 on: January 26, 2016, 06:16:17 pm »

Just put the song through a low-pass filter so it's not quite as loud and ear-stabbingly sharp. Honestly, the extreme high pitch is a problem that I have with a lot of chiptune.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: January 26, 2016, 06:24:27 pm »

it is stylistic suck, the jarring and forced music is used to good effect and only lasts like a minute anyway

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: January 26, 2016, 07:37:49 pm »

it is stylistic suck, the jarring and forced music is used to good effect and only lasts like a minute anyway
It's SUPPOSED to be hideously annoying.
Just grin and bear it, it goes away once you've gotten through the intro.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: January 26, 2016, 07:43:32 pm »

Guys it is the Pet Peeve thread :P not the "This game sucks" thread :P

Of course he is going to grit and bear it. :P

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: January 27, 2016, 10:34:14 am »

Welp, INFINITY!
1/0(yep, 1 DIVIDED BY 0) [insert common item name here] per second? Seriously?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: January 27, 2016, 05:10:52 pm »

i am unable to determine what youre trying to say

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: January 27, 2016, 05:11:22 pm »

i am unable to determine what you're trying to say
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: January 28, 2016, 07:40:28 am »

Welp, INFINITY!
1/0(yep, 1 DIVIDED BY 0) [insert common item name here] per second? Seriously?

i am unable to determine what you're trying to say
I believe he is referring to amateur (Flash) games where your character can have "HP: 0.33333333333333" or even "HP: Infinity".
The reason for that happening is because the developer has forgotten to:
  • round the HP value before displaying it, or
  • check the denominator for the case of division with zero, infinity or other impossible values.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: January 28, 2016, 07:45:48 am »

Another thing that happens in Flash games is that there won't be leading zeroes on display elements that would typically have them. So you'll have 1:10 (one minute and ten seconds) and then 1:9 instead of 1:09.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: January 30, 2016, 08:00:56 am »

Games that have set up the highest resolution by default and i have to watch that damned "out of range" error everytime i start one and fuck around with config.ini files...
How to cure gaming industry in couple easy steps :
1. Stop preordering games.
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
3. Always distrust corporations.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2890 on: January 30, 2016, 09:52:35 am »

on the same note - games that have their default resolution set larger than most peoples computer defaults.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: January 30, 2016, 12:31:52 pm »

Set starting weapons for each mission.

It really irritates me when i have the weapons i want and there suddenly changed for the next bit of the mission.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2892 on: January 30, 2016, 12:54:02 pm »

Games that don't balance bosses health/damage properly with increasing difficulty.

I find it annoying when a boss is unable to do damage to me, but it has so much health the fight takes >5 minutes. Even worse is when the boss has about 5 voice lines that they repeat every 20 seconds for the entire 20 minute fight.

I beat Diablo 3 on a fairly high difficulty for my first play through (Torment V) and the boss fights just took forever. But every boss could either not hit me at all, or their attacks were too weak to pierce my shields.
The only boss I had trouble with was one that would just kill you if you took too long to fight it.

blazing glory

« Reply #2893 on: January 30, 2016, 09:18:08 pm »

The AI completely failing to understand the concept of "Teaching him a lesson" in strategy games.

If this punk of a nation/faction/space empire decides to have a go at you, the AI should understand that killing his troops just won't get the message across, so you take a few of his castles or planets or such to send a clear message of "Don't declare war on me again or I will take more of these again".

Except despite how clear the message is, everyone watching decides you're an evil scumbag and the other guy is a poor victim even though he declared war first, yeah I'd understand everyone giving you weird looks if you take half the guy's empire in retribution but no one should bat an eye at you taking a few spots.

On the same vein as that...

When you break another faction's nose and then chew it off, they should accept an offer of peace when they get it for the good of the nation instead of spitting in your eye and fighting for their grudge, forcing you to exterminate the bloke and get in a fight with someone else.

These two things are incredibly irritating in strategy games and currently I'm getting a lot of the latter then the former at the moment.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: January 30, 2016, 09:41:28 pm »

Or maybe they're alarmed by how much more powerful you are than they thought you were, and figure they'd better gang up on you. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 324