Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 83

Author Topic: NSA Leaks - GHCQ in court for violation of human rights  (Read 103334 times)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So far, it just seems to be a bunch of corporate data mining and security tools. They're expensive and such, but not really that useful as of now.
The Uplay security leak seemed to have been a bigger deal.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EPIC FUCKING SOFTWARE LEAKS!!! It's most likely a bundle of garbage IT programs
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/PRISM#Parabon_Leaks
Some NSA software was leaked, called Jigsaw. 4chan's /g/ are trying to figure out what the fuck it is.
If you want to get a crack at it, get it here.
http://boards.4chan.org/g/res/36306142#p36306142
Magnet link in OP's post.

Preeeeeeeettttty sure you're getting shilled here, due. Unless Parabon has a software they developed for the NSA specifically.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well some of the programs in that download also sends and recieves packets from a CDN also used by the NSA...Yeah, it was a ruse.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, it was a ruse.
A ruse by the NSA, perhaps?
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, it was some dude working for a security company that sometimes makes programs for the NSA decided to bundle up some of the security company's stuff and put it on Pirate Bay.
Edit: There might be more, so stay tuned!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

I am naturally leery of anything posted on 4chan (it's blocked where I am anyway.) Does anyone have an alternate link?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Human beings predictably doing what you'd expect almost any normal human being to do when given the opportunity.  I wonder.  Did they have to convince the FISA court that they suspect their spouses of having contact with terrorists?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Well, it's been pretty clear than not every single act of surveillance need to go through the FISA court. Anyway, Mrhappyface, still think the NSA is just doing its job and it's all ok?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At this point they usually go "individual abuses are ok and don't indicate a problem with the system, no matter how many of them there are."

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Individual abuses within a system are inevitable, and provided that the system is regulated by outside authority and the general will of the people, then the NSA is fine and doing its job.

Even the avatars expire eventually.

Evil Knievel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NSA, PRISM, XKeyscore - Declassification dump ho! (Giant blocks of blackout)
« Reply #836 on: September 01, 2013, 02:18:35 am »

It keeps coming ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-spy-agencies-mounted-231-offensive-cyber-operations-in-2011-documents-show/2013/08/30/d090a6ae-119e-11e3-b4cb-fd7ce041d814_story.html

My personal opinion felt never as unimportant as now, so why write anything else?

The accumulated facts changed my worldview from a hopeful one to a very gloomy and hopeless perspective. It becomes more appealing to put the head into the sand and withdraw into my private bubble - the planet seems not my business, and let's hope I never become its. I am quite sure that I am not alone with this despair and it is beneficial to the powers that be.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: NSA, PRISM, XKeyscore - Declassification dump ho! (Giant blocks of blackout)
« Reply #837 on: September 01, 2013, 02:33:04 am »

Wow, if they're going to infect millions of computers... Well, that's one more layer of total surveillance I guess.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 05, 2013, 03:55:53 pm »

This has a pretty good subtitle.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 05, 2013, 05:23:03 pm »

Feds Beg NY Times, Pro Publica Not To Reveal That They've Inserted Backdoors Into Internet Encryption
From the too-fucking-bad department.
:D

Seriously though, it just keeps going deeper and fucking deeper. Makes you wonder just how much stuff Snowden actually made off with. I don't know if I should hope for more or less.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 83