Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.  (Read 30755 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG
« Reply #225 on: June 09, 2013, 10:33:31 am »

((issues with family have left me far too pissed off to write anything decent. hopefully it won't last and I'll be writing again soon.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 09, 2013, 09:46:53 pm »

((issues with family have left me far too pissed off to write anything decent. hopefully it won't last and I'll be writing again soon.))
We all have them sometimes, take all their time you need man. :)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 09, 2013, 11:00:40 pm »

After thanking the captain, Rylath heads off to find Ironwits quarters, upon entering he greets the familiar face kindly and askes about the proffered enchantment.  He than hands over his worn short sword, with a tear in his eye and asks ironwit to be careful... "It's... It's the only thing I have left of her... Despite it's worn and somewhat battered condition I swore to always use it to slay my enemies, so that one day her soul might be at peace.  If there's anything you can do to stop it's slow decay, or maybe make it back to what it once was... I'd be indebted to you for life."
Nom nom nom

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 09, 2013, 11:23:25 pm »

((Take as much time as you need. How my character seems to be when talking to the party's women.))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 10, 2013, 10:23:21 am »

Ironwrit turns to Rylath, a kindly smile in his eyes. Without a word, he takes the blade, and pressing his cheek to it, looks along its length.
 ‘I don’t know who she is, but I’ll do her proud.’
 Then the dwarf steps over to his bags in the corner, and pulls from one of the many pouches a diamond tipped stylus, which he presses to the blade before beginning to etch. Rapidly an elaborate pattern takes shape, a figure of eight (T1) containing two runes ((A3)(C4)).
 Ten minutes later, he turns back to Rylath, the pattern complete. Holding out the sword in both hands, his brow wrinkles with concentration and flakes of rust begin to fall away from the blade, the binding of the handle tightening and regaining colour before their eyes. For an instant the iron seems to glow hot, and then Ironwrit passes it back to Rylath, seemingly forged anew.
 ‘Treat her well my friend.’

Meanwhile, on deck, Ryxa sits with a borrowed fishing rod in hand, its original owner watching and guiding with interest as she plays the lure across the waves, her learning evident in the short hour since she began. A twitch of the rod draws the eye of both the dwarf and the drow, and in an instant the idyllic peace is broken by a wild thrashing in the water.
(R10-2) + (D5+2)
 Seeing Ryxa straining against the rod, the dwarf grabs hold of the end of the rod, straining upwards with her, as with a final flourish the tension releases and a huge fish arcs over the deck, causing the two to fall in a heap on the ground. The dwarfs blade slides into the fish's’ eye, and it lies still, a four foot long iridescent red monstrosity illustrated by the dwarf lying tired next to it.

((I'll probably wrap up the voyage tomorrow. Perhaps by wreckage. Or slavers. Or maybe you actually land!))
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 10:26:14 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 10, 2013, 10:27:36 am »

"...a bit of a fight, huh! Look at the size of that thing.

Do you think it is edible?"
Ryxa asks inquisitively, hand on her sword.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 10, 2013, 10:36:08 am »

'Edible? Most stuff in these seas is edible. Everything, if you boil it enough. But generally put, if it's as spine free as this one only the spleen'll be at risk of chaos saturation, though that's unlikely to be found at all round these parts, and going off the look of the thing itself I can't see any obvious poison glands. So to the kitchens with it I reckon. You lot can have the spleen yourselves if you want it. Chaos poisoning has as much chance to be good as it does bad. Though I wouldn't recommend it myself, I figure you adventurer types may well be crazy enough.'

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 10, 2013, 10:43:56 am »

"Ahh, I'm not quite that crazy. Maybe Rylash would like to try it. He did say he was a 'gambler'...

Ooh, fried potatoes go good with fish. I hope we have some potatoes."

Ryxa helped haul the fish to the kitchen with the Dwarf.

((Does anyone wanna take the chaos roulette? :P

You might get tentacles for a hand! Or a face!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 10, 2013, 10:45:36 am »

'Course we have potatoes. traditional dwarven dish - aka. one of the few things you can grow when you live under a mountain.'

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 10, 2013, 10:51:45 am »

"You know, my own people eat more insects, fungus and fish than fully grown crops. We tend to live a bit deeper, near sources of underground water, then Dwarves do.

Have you ever tried fried Cave Crickets with spicy mushroom sauce? Quite delicious! Especially if eaten alive."
Ryxa comments.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 10, 2013, 10:57:22 am »

'Can't say I have. We rely on imports for most food now. Apart from the traditional ones. I still don't see how potatoes are cultural myself, but apparently they are.'

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 10, 2013, 11:18:53 am »

"I suppose that's the benefit with having good trade relations with ones neighbors." Ryxa nods aptly.

She and the Dwarf drop the big fish on the kitchen counter, before some cook comes to chop it apart.

Ryxa takes a heavy knife from a nearby block

"Ah, but first-let's see what this fellow had for dinner. You think we'll find any coins?"

Of course, the 'gold in the belly of the fish' story was an old gem most Fishers knew-of any race. Along with 'I had one *this* big but he got away'.

Action: Ryxa cuts open the fishes belly! Who knows what could be inside?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 10, 2013, 11:24:29 am »

As you slice open the belly of the fish, the dwarf takes off the head with a cleaver, and reaching in with his hand, pulls out the innards of the creature. he tosses the stomach to you jokingly, and tosses the rest of the guts to an assistant to throw overboard, before setting to work filleting the fish.
 'Looks like we're in for a feast tonight.'
 Slicing open the stomach, you see that there is a definite absence of gold among the half digested seaweed. You always thought it was a bit odd that people would throw gold in the sea anyway.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 10, 2013, 11:38:07 am »

"This fish stomach contains a definite absence of gold, magic keys or treasure maps in bottles. How disappointing."

Ryxa disposes of it.

"Tell me Dwarf, of all your years on the sea, have you ever seen or heard of an Ocean Dragon? The captain had an interesting book on them...said they swallow ships whole, crew and all!

Or, is it bad luck to talk about things like that when we're actually on the ocean?"

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 10, 2013, 11:45:00 am »

'Never seen one myself, but I've heard tell of them. And stranger things have happened. It would also explain the godhammer I suppose - it's the kings personal warhammer, enchanted ridiculously of course, but it's made from around half of a single bone. One of those sea dragons is about all I can think of that it could've come from. or just a normal dragon I suppose, but no ones seen one of them for at least as long as a sea dragon, and ships disappear far more often than villages do.'

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44