Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 427990 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.55
« Reply #1800 on: April 09, 2014, 05:40:50 am »

Can you actually, like, climb things? Like use your arms to pull yourself onto stuff or whatever?

Michael climbs up to the stone rail, slides over the edge and hops down.

: "Ok, that wasn't so bad. Hanging off the edge with my hands it was only a couple foot drop."

You walk back out to the vertical tube in the hallway and consider what to do. Getting back up is going to be hard enough, but how do you get down?

Yeah, 30 foot drop or so. Too bad you don't have any rope. The tube walls are close enough that you can reach both sides with your hands. Maybe you could put feet on one side, hands on the other and walk down batman-style? You remove everything breakable from your backpack and drop it down ahead of you then start to climb down.

You make it about ten feet down before you slip and fall.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: April 09, 2014, 10:23:01 am »

Ah. Right. Best to remember that, then.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: April 09, 2014, 05:45:34 pm »

Can you plot us a route that is fairly free of things we can not effectively  run from?
Doubtful. I'm rusty with the construction set, and since spawns tend to be random, there's generally no way to know ahead of time what's at a given location.

I think we can just barely run from alits, but definitely not from cliff racers unless we tangle them in something.

How are we doing on the cliffracer front? Last time we encountered one as close as Fort Moonmoth.
Terrible. They don't eat through us that fast, but we just can't damage them effectively in return.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: April 09, 2014, 05:47:27 pm »

Cliff racers have a tendency to get caught up in trees and such, which unfortunately there are few of in the canyons and foyadas.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: April 10, 2014, 04:22:07 pm »

Michael, buy some paper and write down few things for us we seem to constantly forget:

Michael can climb.
Alchemy ingredient effects are different for every person
Corprus does not spread by touch.
Quests are nothing like in the game Morrowind.
?

What other actions has been proposed repeatedly we know are wrong?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: April 10, 2014, 07:01:04 pm »

Using the console, abusing gameplay mechanics.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: April 10, 2014, 07:45:27 pm »

But they might work this time!

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: April 11, 2014, 03:15:21 pm »

But they might work this time!
That comic lacks dwarf version; weaponizing it with inefficient and overly complicated way that has 50/50 chances of causing ☼FUN☼ when you pull the lever.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: April 11, 2014, 10:36:59 pm »

I'm hoping for a destruction montage for the next update!! Fleabiting stuff into exhaustion then sinking the blade in.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: April 13, 2014, 04:58:21 pm »

Status update
I'm attending Wondercon this weekend, and I'm helping a first-time con-goer make her costume. Yesterday involved ~five hours of paper mache. It's possible I might sit down one night and do the next update, but I've been thinking that for the past 3-4 nights. So it's possible that it might be delayed until after the convention.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: April 13, 2014, 10:42:28 pm »

Alright, have fun!

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: April 13, 2014, 11:34:18 pm »

I come back and what is this!?  Steam logic gates would be incredibly slow as well as huge!  A single legitimate processor core operates at several billion cycles a second and consists of several billion transistors.  Not to mention the time lag generated by the steam traveling through pipes, pressure differences, steam condensing due to cooling of the system.  Processors have to account for time lag due to the speed of light over millimeters (less typically), a steam thing would quickly desynchronize into chaos.

Okay okay so I'm spazzing out a bit its just a dwarf in some fantasy world in some story on a mildly obscure forum maybe I should calm down.

e: Not to say that I'm pissed or think this is a bad story or something, I just want to argue with the dwarf dude.

e2:  Yeah have fun, excuse my skipping numerous posts and getting right to my rant.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 11:40:43 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: April 13, 2014, 11:57:15 pm »

@Quake: Let the savages console themselves with supposed superiority. They tend to be more open to saying things they shouldn't of when they believe they one they speak to isn't of significance, after all, so all's the more to gain from letting them keep up the illusion. [/faux persona]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: April 14, 2014, 12:00:11 am »

@Quake: Let the savages console themselves with supposed superiority. They tend to be more open to saying things they shouldn't of when they believe they one they speak to isn't of significance, after all, so all's the more to gain from letting them keep up the illusion. [/faux persona]

What.

I come back and what is this!?  Steam logic gates would be incredibly slow as well as huge!  A single legitimate processor core operates at several billion cycles a second and consists of several billion transistors.  Not to mention the time lag generated by the steam traveling through pipes, pressure differences, steam condensing due to cooling of the system.  Processors have to account for time lag due to the speed of light over millimeters (less typically), a steam thing would quickly desynchronize into chaos.

Okay okay so I'm spazzing out a bit its just a dwarf in some fantasy world in some story on a mildly obscure forum maybe I should calm down.

e: Not to say that I'm pissed or think this is a bad story or something, I just want to argue with the dwarf dude.

e2:  Yeah have fun, excuse my skipping numerous posts and getting right to my rant.

Dude, magic. The dwemer constructed fully automated AI and one completely autonomous robot that was more powerful than most Gods. He knows what he's talking about, at least in the context.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: April 14, 2014, 12:45:08 am »

Well, the Dwemer do have that special metal of theirs which is presumably designed to deal with the expansion issues of steam technology, but it seems likely they'd just use the steam for the mechanical stuff, and do the computations with soul-crystal-matrices stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 161