Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 267976 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures In Breeding
« Reply #1905 on: September 03, 2013, 09:50:52 pm »

First I think when I read that list? Mages are fucking idiots. The only artifacts Morgred will ever make will be it's own body and those of it's minions.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1906 on: September 03, 2013, 09:58:52 pm »

Officially requesting a legendary material that looks like Damascus steel if there isn't one already.

Am also declaring a swap of two points from end to int for rp reasons, and my possession of a steel shiv.
Question: Is intelligence a measure of just that or is it purely a mage meta-attribute?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: September 03, 2013, 09:59:01 pm »

Slade.
+1
Allows further transmutation too.

Also, only the boots. Those boots could see a variety of uses, gotta say.
You gotta have strong bones/legs for those things then, else your ankle will snap like a twig if it gets hilariously heavy while you're in mid kick. Or your joint will go crunch. Or your foot. ...Really, unless you're already tough as hell or made of a strong material (most likely one and the same), if you value your feet don't put those on.

But yeah, I see a lot of uses, which is why I want them. Jewel's strong enough that it probably won't screw him over for life just putting those on and using them. Neun might be able to make use of them too, I think, since he's a dwarf, but for everyone else that is just asking for making your legs ruined for life.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1908 on: September 05, 2013, 05:19:18 pm »

PTW

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: September 05, 2013, 05:37:48 pm »

Slade.
So I was curious as to how heavy that would make Jewel... SO LET'S MATH THIS OUT!

Warning, math is ahead.

Thanks to instructions from this handy site found by google, and information about Slade from the wiki, I've ascertained that Slade has a density of 200.5146 g/cm3. Fuck.

That is some heavy shit man, I mean, holy crap. The density for slade was derived from the wiki on Slade stating that it is "... around 9.348 times as dense as platinum ..." The density for platinum is 21.45 g/cm3. So thus, 200.5146 g/cm3.

Now then, according to the site, I just need to figure out what the average body weight for Jewel if he was made of flesh and bone instead of stone. However, going off of his formula, I can see that I can reverse this. Let's assume that Jewel's density is that of granite, it being a typical form of stone. His weigh now is roughly 350, so 350 divided by 2.691 g/cm3 (the density of granite), reveals that he is roughly 130 pounds in weight if he was human. Mind you, he probably wouldn't weigh that if he was human because the weight is more 'mass' than actual weight.

Anyway, actually getting somewhere with this, I need to take the 'mass' of what Jewel would weigh if human (130) and times this by what he would weight in his new density as Slade (200.5146).

The actual point of everything above this:

So if Jewel were made out of Slade he would weight 26'066.898 pounds. So... Yeah. Mind you however, this is rough as humans don't actually have the same density of water, it would be a bit less, so Jewel would only weight approximately that much, but that approximate isn't that far off.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 05:42:47 pm by Xanmyral »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: September 05, 2013, 05:40:56 pm »

I might need some potions of strength or something to throw that :P.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: September 05, 2013, 05:42:18 pm »

I think his steps would cause earthquakes, or he wouldn't be able to move at all if he was turned into slade. Basically, I have absolutely no idea but holy shit that's heavy.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: September 05, 2013, 05:43:32 pm »

You know, if you made yourself heavy enough you might actually have noticeable gravity.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: September 05, 2013, 05:44:45 pm »

So Jewel's endgame is having literally noticeable gravity? I'm okay with that. Specially if I can figure out some way to manipulate that.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1914 on: September 05, 2013, 05:45:01 pm »

For one horrifying second there I thought the title said "Adventurous Inbreeding".

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: September 05, 2013, 05:45:40 pm »

So Jewel's endgame is having literally noticeable gravity? I'm okay with that. Specially if I can figure out some way to manipulate that.
And then you eventually swallow the Earth.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: September 05, 2013, 05:47:41 pm »

Jewel eventually becomes able to gain mass and becomes a new planet.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: September 05, 2013, 07:12:08 pm »

Sadly, I don't think he would have too noticeable of a gravitational pull, or any really. While being heavy is good and all, he'd still need to be pretty massive to get something like that. The density helps, I think, but Jewel will need to be more massive basically.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: September 05, 2013, 07:26:47 pm »

He'd only need to reach approximately 1/1000 of the moon's mass.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: September 05, 2013, 07:31:39 pm »

...Doable, I think. With a lot of help however.

But really though, the idea is hilarious but at least it is good to know that turning into Slade wouldn't kill everything around him. Although I do wonder if he'd be able to have the same amount of locomotion as he does now...
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 332