Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 1-day Giveaway - On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3  (Read 2053 times)

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not terribly sure how interested these forums are with the penny arcade games, but we have had a giveaway for it in the past so I figured I might as well link PA's own giveaway just incase someone wanted the game for the low low price of free.

Link is below, all you need to do to get your key is fill in a captcha and the key will appear near the top/middle of the page, just plug it into steam and you're good to go.

http://penny-arcade.com/static/rainslick-giveaway

News Post for those interested: http://zeboyd.com/2013/05/20/penny-arcades-on-the-rain-slick-precipice-of-darkness-3-free-for-today-only-precipice-of-darkness-4-official-release-date/

Edit: I've had a friend report problems with the captcha not working correctly (But I'm pretty sure she's a robot, so it's just the captcha doing it's job). Be sure to press 'submit' instead of pressing enter when you put the code in, because it seems enter will only get you a new captcha code. Also a seperate friend got hit with a 'that product code has been used' error on steam, but it appears you can just refresh the page and get a different code, so something is just buggy with whatever is genning the codes.

Edit2: Glad to see some people got use out of this, the giveaway is over though so I'm locking the thread. Enjoy your games!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:31:40 pm by Denzi »

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
Re: 1-day Giveaway - On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 12:51:39 pm »

Yep, having issues with captcha here too.  Tried different browser as well.

Also... do NOT try the sound captcha.  The horror.... the horror....
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 12:53:20 pm »

Great deal, I loved playing through this game. Never quite finished, but the twist on "active time battle" seen in such games as Final Fantasy was really fun.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 02:06:20 pm »

Finally got it, after failing on purpose, doing some voodoo, etc.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 02:42:38 pm »

Whoa, whoa whoa! I used to want this game (but just under wanting enough to find money to buy it)! Thanks a bunch for posting it!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 02:58:41 pm »

Thanks for the heads up, game looks alright.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 03:33:56 pm »

I had a lot of fun with this game, thanks for posting so other people can get their hands on it!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 04:21:57 pm »

Danke for pointing this out to me. I've had my eye on this series for a while, and I'm glad to get my mits on it. Out of curiosity, how much to the first two episodes factor into the third? Or to put it more simply: Do I have to play the first two episodes to enjoy the third?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 08:09:53 pm »

The first two games were done by a different developer and as such have an different art style and gameplay mechanics.
The third game is done by Zeboyd Games who made the excellent Cthulhu Saves the World. While the first two games were down in a puesdo-realtime yet turnbased manner, the third is more like a classical turn-based jRPG.
The third either improves or dumbs-down jRPG combat depending on your view by "resetting" all health, potions and mp at the end of combat. I personally love the resetting after combat since it makes the game feel much less of slog. 

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 09:22:15 pm »

The third either improves or dumbs-down jRPG combat depending on your view by "resetting" all health, potions and mp at the end of combat.

There are some RPGs that do that very well.

But I have a feeling they were used in the first game just to make it pathetically easy ("It is a comedy, it doesn't have to be good")

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 09:53:21 pm »

Does playing them out order matter? I've never played the first two, are these true sequels or are they sequels in the sense that Final Fantasy 2 is a sequel to Final Fantasy?

Either way, free game, thanks for the heads up.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 10:16:11 pm »

You can play them out of order, but it really is worth playing the first two.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 10:25:28 pm »

I assume your character from the first and second game doesn't carry over from the third game, right?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 10:28:35 pm »

I assume your character from the first and second game doesn't carry over from the third game, right?
Pretty sure it does not, but it does from first to second.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 10:33:53 pm »

Pretty sure it does not, but it does from first to second.

There isn't even a customizable character in the third. Comparing the second to the third is like comparing Link to the Past to Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland.
Pages: [1] 2