Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: ???? design bureau  (Read 2896 times)

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ???? design bureau
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 03:05:20 am »

1) Our nation is named : Akrylia
1)Our political system is:Unstable Stalinism. Riots are usual, and we might have an armed rebellion on our hands. (Designing weapons for the peoples army might be interesting)
2)Our nation is located on: Edge of a continent.
3) We are rich in Iron, Oil, Wood. 
4) Our factories are famous for: Construction industry, Automobiles and Traditional food (canned)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 03:07:03 am by Evil Marahadja »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 12:38:10 pm »

Kran, our glorious democratic country. Well, some neighboring countries names us "feudal" just because we give no right to vote to persons that showed no success in their life
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Our nation is located on one large island with climate ranging from temperate southern part to arctic northern part. Our economy is centered around extensive iron and copper mining and two industries supporting it: Explosives (One side effect is that we are well known for our fireworks) and automobile industry.
More traditional, but less profitable sector of our economy is lumber industry, not only we are a major wood importer but our nation has a great experience in furniture production and construction.
New, and quite perspective division of our economy is rich oil fields mostly found in our territorial waters. Most of them are still untapped
Finally we are well known fishers and our canned fish is the best in world, still we are net food importers

Of cause with such a wealth, one need to be sure that nation has an adequate protection. Unfortunately, due to underfunding of our military during last ten years, that's can't be said about our country

While we have great  1).... and good  2)... , our 3)..., 4)...,  are bad and 5) ... is absolutely awful

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 12:47:34 pm »

While we have great airships and good automobiles, our officers, ethics, and rifles are bad and supply is absolutely awful.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 12:58:58 pm »

While we have great airships and good automobiles, our officers, ethics, and rifles are bad and our luxury industry is absolutely awful.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 01:45:35 pm »

While we have great airships and good automobiles, our officers, ethics, and crime are bad and our luxury industry is absolutely awful.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 03:48:07 pm by Chink »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 01:50:21 pm »

While we have great airships and good automobiles, our officers, ethics, and rifles are bad and our food is absolutely awful.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2013, 02:25:29 pm »

One thing to note: I am not a fan of +1s because I tend to use all suggestion in one way or another not choose most voted ones
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2013, 02:34:00 pm »

On another note, I'm strongly opposed to changing other people's quotes.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2013, 03:06:41 pm »

We have great manpower and good automobiles. Our officers, supplies and rifles are bad and the training of our soldiers are absolutely awful.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2013, 03:11:39 pm »

On a side note, I'm against our general quality of food being awfull, after all we sell canned food.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2013, 10:21:51 am »

Airships are the backbone of our military might, we have a large fleet of airships and balloons, their crew is well trained and prepared and our Airborne Navy is considered a separate and most prestigious branch of our armed forces.

Due to the difficulties of suppling horses in our climate, we are one of the few countries in the world that abandoned cavalry units altogether and moved to automobiles to provide mobility to our artillery. Also we are the first and only nation to field armored cars

As for our infantry and artillery... It is in a sour state. Partially that happened because our elites are hesitant to arm former serfs with modern weapons, partially because oligarchs tend to use their explosive factories for suppling mining industry. Extreme levels of corruption among our officers doesn't add to the effectiveness

Our Navy is adequate for the island nation of our size , but it is consisting mostly from the older ships and our sailors and naval officers aren't much better than the ones in land forces

But we, members of the ..... family are determined to change that, today we'll create our own military industry to protect our country and make some profit in the process

(I don't limit your creativity in any way... Fill free to describe oligarchic family and it's assets in any way you like. I will find a way to interpret, balance and synchronize it with the nation. Do not forget about the name as ??? in the topic name is annoying. Expect competition from NPC families and foreign suppliers. )

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013, 10:34:36 am »

How much control do we have over the military? If we can change policy, institute a branch of discipline officers outside the chain of command and attach them at the battalion level. Their primary tasks will be dealing with criminal activity inside their unit (especially corruption) and upholding morale.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2013, 10:37:15 am »

We can make suggestiions, but thats going a little off the topic of the game.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2013, 10:39:57 am »

Depending on what family you will get you may have some influence, but don't expect to rule the country or that your suggestions will not be rejected

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2013, 10:48:47 am »

We are the [family name here]. Our family thanks it's riches to [Ancestor name here], who was a great scientist and invented many chemical processes. His descendants build further on that base, and today we control a significant part of our nation's chemical industries. We also control minor enterprises in mining, refinery and (civilian) airship construction, because both of these are dependant on our chemical processes, either for explosives, fuel or flotation gasses.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4