Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: You are a horror from beyond  (Read 6157 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: You are a horror from beyond
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2013, 10:59:17 pm »

You called?
Description? Ahem...
Quote from: Cribbed from someone else
That amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Yuiller, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space, straining at bonds placed long ago, waiting to be released to writhe in glorious freedom once more.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 02:54:26 pm »

You called?
Description? Ahem...
That amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Yuiller, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space, straining at bonds placed long ago, waiting to be released to writhe in glorious freedom once more.
+1
Also, why did nobody suggest "Xantalos" as a name?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 02:56:32 pm »

You called?
Description? Ahem...
+1
Also, why did nobody suggest "Xantalos" as a name?
I did. +1.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2013, 03:19:40 pm »

Ah, so you did.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2013, 06:12:29 pm »

We should be a shrouded form, and what is underneath the shroud is so inexplicable so as to defy description. Anyone seeing it should be stricken with a random status effect!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 06:39:55 pm »

We should be a shrouded form, and what is underneath the shroud is so inexplicable so as to defy description. Anyone seeing it should be stricken with a random status effect!
Normall I'd agree, but we an't some two-bit Slenderman thing. We're an Eldritch horror of about GOO status if I read the thing right. The above description could be a herald of us, but apart from that, far too mundane.
If we are ever forced to manifest, the very world should tremble at our presence.
Sig! Onol

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 07:01:12 pm »

Yes! Your amorphous form pours forth from the hellmouth and slurps noisily to the concrete floor of the basement of a small suburban home. As you finish the assembly of your amoeba-like body and the last of your power slips through to inhabit the shell, the hellmouth snaps closed behind you with a muted pop! Six of your eyes open and you gaze about at the frightened mortals before you. Their expressions register horror and confusion as their limited minds attempt to comprehend your divine majesty. One mortal cries out as his sanity flees to the deepest recesses of his mind. He begins to babble incessantly in an ancient language which you recall from years past, speaking of your coming and the wonderful things you will accomplish. He speaks of your dominion over the world, and sacrificing all unbelievers to your everlasting divinity.

You draw yourself up tall, a whirling amorphous chaos of confusion with uncountable eyes and appendages forming and subsiding as they are needed. You are powerful and vital and alive. You are Clar-... er.. Yuiller! Three of your mouths open to sing the song of your coming, the sound cracking the concrete floor and shaking the modest dwelling above.

Your Calling completed, the energies that brought you into this world now fade and silence descends upon the scene.

Suddenly from above you hear the phlemy voice of an elderly mortal female, "Francis! Keep it down your father is sleeping! You said you and your little friends would be quiet!"

The summoner who brought you into this world draws back his hood, revealing the adolescent face of a teenager pocked with acne. His eyes flash annoyance. "Mom we're busy!", he shouts, and then quieter to the teenage cultist next to him who has also removed his hood "God... she can be so annoying."

Something isn't quite right here. You expected some kind of... well... temple. Maybe a ritual circle at least. Usually there is ram's blood or a virgin or.. something. I mean you're no expert, you've only been doing this for 17 millennia, but still... they're just kids. How did they even find the power to bring you here, or knowledge to perform the Calling? Something smells fishy here... aside from you that is.

While you are still trying to make sense of this, the Summoner steps forward. You are shocked to realize that he is exuding no fear pheromones at all! And there isn't even a ritual barrier between you and him! In fact, extending your aetheric senses, none of the cultists have any protection whatsoever... though you are picking up a faint trace of power from the now-insane-and-babbling-hysterically cultist who is currently staring at one of the cracks your Coming song has created in the floor. He might have some potential, but these other kids are as empty as most mortals. You have no idea how they managed this, and you really don't like not knowing things.

Speaking of knowing things, what precisely are you the god of oh magnificent one?

>_

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 07:06:53 pm »

You are the god of nothing. Your power is beyond the comprehension of reality.
Turn teenagers into mind slaves now, ask questions later.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2013, 08:22:47 pm »

We are not a god, but rather, a being of raw and primal chaos. We have no place amongst the petty divines, but rather dwell in a nightmarish hell of blood and whirling disorder. How these mere humans discovered our secrets is of no consequence; rather, let us feast upon their sanity and will, and command them as the first of our many slaves. Leave the insane one's mind intact, however. A grand cult cannot be commanded by simply one leader, as that would be far too easy to trace; he shall be a lieutenant.
This one speaks wisdom. The things the ants call divine are but a speck next to our terrible might. We shall bear our attention down upon them and know they the true nature of eternity.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 02:25:28 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2013, 08:37:19 pm »

> Discover the cause of these anomalies: the Internet and free availability of knowledge. Be fascinated. 
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2013, 09:20:09 pm »

We are not a god, but rather, a being of raw and primal chaos. We have no place amongst the petty divines, but rather dwell in a nightmarish hell of blood and whirling disorder. How these mere humans discovered our secrets is of no consequence; rather, let us feast upon their sanity and will, and command them as the first of our many slaves. Leave the insane one's mind intact, however. A grand cult cannot be commanded by simply one leader, as that would be far too easy to trace; he shall be a lieutenant.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2013, 02:23:00 am »

We are a god of the dark sea, you know, the bottem of sea where monsters live.

(failing that one, I'll go for...
We are not a god, but rather, a being of raw and primal chaos. We have no place amongst the petty divines, but rather dwell in a nightmarish hell of blood and whirling disorder.
this.)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2013, 04:19:07 am »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2013, 04:19:49 am »

We are no mere god. We are that which gods sacrifice their virgin god-daughters to appease. We are that which gods build temples and tear their God hearts in our name. We are the bogeyman that gods tell their god-children about to scare them at night. We are Clarence the God-Eater. And we shall transform these wretched teenagers into our own minions.

Transform their acne into portals which we can use to travel between dimensions. Use the basement as a forward base.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2013, 04:33:00 am »

Mentally facepalm at this. Use our non-euclidian nature to dig a tunnel and make our own temple. Show these midgets how it's done!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6