Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 50

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: Week 3  (Read 55572 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: Night 12 - Slow Ride {Tactics Mode Engaged}
« Reply #645 on: August 06, 2013, 06:43:01 pm »

Scouts: Over the remaining day, you do the job you were designed for, moving around the ship and remaining carefully hidden. Various artifacts, aside from the colorful documents, are stolen. Most of these are tools of some nature, although a small Human weapon was found. After compiling all of the material and mental probe information (most of which was memories and scents) from the Human ship, you return home.

Queen:

When the Scouts return, You examine the treasures stolen.

- 1 Small Human Projectile Weapon
- 1 Big Red Paper Stack
- 1 Blue Paper Stack
- 1 Multicolored Hardbound Paper Stack
- 1 Electric Device
- 12 Human Tools

Before returning Your attention fully to the Hive, You contemplate the best use of Your time. At this point, the Day Cycle is becoming less needed, as basic survival is guaranteed without Your full focus. The options most prominent in Your mind are a Flower Cycle (4 days), a Fruit Cycle (6 days), a Life Cycle (8 days), but You are open to other ideas.

[You can keep with day-cycles if you like, but the game would be faster with the speed turned up.]

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: Day 13
« Reply #646 on: August 06, 2013, 09:58:51 pm »

I would suggest one single Flower-Cycle for now.
All that scouting has left the players a bit out of the loop - I doubt many will go back to read up. Better to get back in slowly, than miss important chances. After that I would be all for a Life-Cycle.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 07, 2013, 01:04:59 am »

I'd say make a short turn to bring the number of days to 14, and then go half-egg cycle (7 days)

So we will be like
Turn 1: Mate
Turn 2: Decide what eggs to lay, make new mate, upgrade queen
Turn 3: Mate

Oh, and that will allow format like You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: week X Better than weird numbers of days
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 07, 2013, 07:37:50 am »

We should determine the exact design of the electrical device, disassembling it if need be, and determine the appropriate stimuli to activate it. But first, everything should be quarantined!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #649 on: August 07, 2013, 12:26:43 pm »

Look through the stacks of paper for unusual symbols- bits that don't match the rest in form or format. We're looking for numbers & graphs, though the kai don't know that....err....realistically their best bet is to scan every page and let the computer find the patters....try to keep the pages uh..in order...that's a foreign concept too...
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 07, 2013, 12:27:38 pm »

Not really. Keeping stuff the way it was is elementary when studying something.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #651 on: August 07, 2013, 12:51:05 pm »

Unless you're dissecting it..or eating it's brain.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #652 on: August 07, 2013, 01:04:19 pm »

Look through the stacks of paper for unusual symbols- bits that don't match the rest in form or format. We're looking for numbers & graphs, though the kai don't know that....err....realistically their best bet is to scan every page and let the computer find the patters....try to keep the pages uh..in order...that's a foreign concept too...
+1!
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 07, 2013, 03:06:43 pm »

I'd say make a short turn to bring the number of days to 14, and then go half-egg cycle (7 days)

So we will be like

Oh, and that will allow format like You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: week X Better than weird numbers of days

how about

flower cycle
flower cycle
flower cycle
two days brings us mating time

so a "week" is three and a half flower cycles long
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #654 on: August 07, 2013, 04:27:30 pm »

Also while we are analyzing the Items, why dont we also begun digging more tunnel's, and Get to work finishing everything up, and building heat sinks, Because our colony gots to be generating heat, and heat is detectable on the surface.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 07, 2013, 06:37:50 pm »

PTW

I read the first beginnings pages where the Kai queen lands and holds up underground could someone maybe...give me a brief summary?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 09, 2013, 03:00:30 am »

We dug a hive, ship got found before we scuttled it, scouts raided a plant farm biodome, we created a fungal deathflower that infects Kai, we raided a pirate ship without anybody noticing us, we made a digger caste, we altered a few of our drones for reproduction so we can have babies soon, we made weapons and stuff.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 09, 2013, 03:37:39 am »

So we will be like

how about

flower cycle
flower cycle
flower cycle
two days brings us mating time

so a "week" is three and a half flower cycles long
I prefer 7 Martian days turns to 4 Martian days turns, just to make the game run faster. and I prefer 7 day turns to 8 day turns because mating will not be in different places of a turn
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #658 on: August 09, 2013, 05:52:41 am »

Question: do kai sleep? Poop?
Badges of honor

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 09, 2013, 06:02:17 am »

I would imagine, like Termites, we can incorporate our waste products into building the Hive
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 50