Haspen
- 12 (30.8%)
IWBTG
- 9 (23.1%)
I'm scared
- 9 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38

Author Topic: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC: Over and out  (Read 46806 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC Thread
« Reply #390 on: June 15, 2013, 10:32:12 pm »

When I get more free time back, I'm going to work on this game exclusively for a while to the detriment of any other forum games. Sorry to anyone in/following my other stuff. I'm just really enjoying this right now, more than any other stuff. Also want to see the current chapter finished.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 16, 2013, 07:21:36 pm »

The king will grant you this request, if just because I'm badass in this game too.

But seriously, Have fun. Following this game has made me think about taking a stab at trying a game like this on my own, but from the perspective of bowser's troops.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 16, 2013, 07:47:42 pm »

Speaking of which, I think I found a use for that discarded Bowser sprite I showed briefly in ACOS.

: "GWAAAH-HAH-HAH-HAH!"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 16, 2013, 09:00:12 pm »

The king will grant you this request, if just because I'm badass in this game too.

But seriously, Have fun. Following this game has made me think about taking a stab at trying a game like this on my own, but from the perspective of bowser's troops.
Please do make that game. I don't have nearly enough to play.  :)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 17, 2013, 01:06:06 am »

I want to make a game with a mechanics system similar to this one (here's hoping FFS wouldn't get offended at me aping his style), but I'm kinda in the middle of an 18-day work week, which may very well get longer. So I won't be doing that anytime soon.  ::)

It wouldn't be set in the Mario 'verse though.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 17, 2013, 06:18:28 am »

You know, maybe I missed it in thread or the merchants just being obtuse, but...what's an S. Point and how do we get them again? :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 17, 2013, 06:21:37 am »

You know, maybe I missed it in thread or the merchants just being obtuse, but...what's an S. Point and how do we get them again? :P

The merchant IS being obtuse, but there's a reason for that. I can't say why yet. Anyway:

Quote from: thread
: "Let me tell you how S.G.S. works. I do not deal in money - NOT VALUABLE! Instead, items exchanged for S. POINTS! Mundane items, 1-3 Points. Magicky or rare items, who knows? S. Points exchanged for valuable wares. Any questions? Hm?"

Quote from: thread
Boothany raises her stub.

"Ooh, ooh, I have a question!

Um, what's an S. POINT and how do I find one?"

: "S. POINTS very valuable! Cannot be found, only traded for at S.G.S. Don't worry, S.G.S. found in all major retail locations (offer void in Beanbean Kingdom)!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 17, 2013, 06:25:41 am »

As long as it's plot related obtuseness, sure.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 17, 2013, 06:26:43 am »

Nah, not plot related. I don't have anything for the plot past the Blockhouse... so I hope you guys come up with some things you want to do/places you want to go :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 17, 2013, 06:34:27 am »

@Freeform: Time to drop in more egregious backstory posts? :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 17, 2013, 07:21:07 am »

...I never get notified of the fun. XD

PTW.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 17, 2013, 10:38:19 am »

Basically he's like the stereotypical "foreign" shopkeeper guy who haggles like flipping crazy and doesn't really tell you what any of his stuff does.  :-\

Although, I am actually somewhat interested in the Book of Bolts. Does it just give you another secondary skill path, or a tertiary one, or what? Either way, must plunder moar stuff to buy moar stuff.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 17, 2013, 11:22:58 am »

Basically he's like the stereotypical "foreign" shopkeeper guy who haggles like flipping crazy and doesn't really tell you what any of his stuff does.  :-\

Although, I am actually somewhat interested in the Book of Bolts. Does it just give you another secondary skill path, or a tertiary one, or what? Either way, must plunder moar stuff to buy moar stuff.

There's only one way to get another ability path in game, and you guys haven't reached it yet. Tomes and staves and flowers and such are more like... abilities as equipment. The advantage is you can pass them around to other players, but the disadvantage is they tend to be somewhat wonky in number of uses/secondary effects/stat run-overs. Kinda like the Fire Flower tanky has.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 17, 2013, 02:45:02 pm »

You know, I bet you guys can buy something from the flower chick, and give it to the shyguy, and can get a raffle ticket outta that. May be a crapshoot, as they often are, but hey, its a thing you can do.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 18, 2013, 04:50:19 pm »

You know, I bet you guys can buy something from the flower chick, and give it to the shyguy, and can get a raffle ticket outta that. May be a crapshoot, as they often are, but hey, its a thing you can do.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FIRE FLOWAH.
And for those who don't know what this is about, look for "Malleo" on knowyourmeme.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38