Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4169717 times)

Ariachus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r18
« Reply #2865 on: November 16, 2015, 10:11:11 pm »

Hey there just reporting a bug, not 100% sure this is where it should go. So trying to set up a hauling route and I can't remove links in a stop. I hit and dfhack pops a window that says "are you sure you want to remove this stop? esc to exit enter ok" No matter what i choose nothing happens. Just wondering if you know which plugin this is so i can disable it or if its a bug?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: November 16, 2015, 10:26:35 pm »

Add "confirm disable haul-delete" to dfhack.init. That's a bug in the confirm plugin that'll be fixed in the next DFHack release.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: November 17, 2015, 03:46:05 am »

I ran into the same problem as Ariachus did, and worked around it by copying the save to r16 and back so I'm not in dire straits.

My problem is that lethosor's work around description is too terse for me. I've found the file, but where in the file should the line go? It LOOKS like the headings are just comments, and thus the organization is just a matter of keeping things tidy. If that's the case the line can just be dumped anywhere, but I'm not sure.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: November 17, 2015, 05:40:21 am »

Yep, almost anywhere in the file (on it's own line) will work.  I suggest the very top of the file, so it's easy to find what changes you made later.

I've already made the required change for the next release.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: November 17, 2015, 06:59:23 am »

I don't think it'll work at the top of the file, actually, since the "enable confirm" later on probably enables everything.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: November 17, 2015, 07:50:51 am »

Good point.  Adding it to dfhack_PeridexisErrant.init will work anywhere though.

Would you be able to provide a fixed version of the tweak plugin, to totally avoid the issue?  I can't compile anything at the moment.
 Donations here.

ChocoCrowbar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: November 17, 2015, 02:09:32 pm »

So found a bug that involves moving a barrel of plump helms to the trade depot, while the brewer is still mid brew. When he finishes that one, an alert comes up that he can't find what he was looking for, and it crashes.

I can't see if its because he can't find the item that was taken to the trade depot or if there isn't any more plump helms (though I did leave two full barrels, so I doubt it's that).

I do have the Still fixed on a workflow and the dwarf was bringing it up to the limit.

I moved the save to a vanilla DF and it also happened. If I suspend the job before he finishes the one he's one, it doesn't crash. I tried this on the Starter Pack and Vanilla.

I have the save file 6 sec before the crash happens here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11278

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: November 17, 2015, 04:37:16 pm »

Would you be able to provide a fixed version of the tweak plugin, to totally avoid the issue?  I can't compile anything at the moment.
It's the confirm plugin, and I can't provide a Windows build.

There's a known crash issue in the workflow plugin that nobody's figured out yet, although it's probably related to a change in r4. Once that's fixed, I might try to do another release.

TheBloke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: November 17, 2015, 04:43:33 pm »

I can do the Windows build once the fix is pushed.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: November 17, 2015, 07:02:22 pm »

Thanks.
 Donations here.

WildeSkye

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: November 18, 2015, 12:16:07 am »

Since updating from Starter Pack r17 to r18 I've been getting inundated with announcements about skills.

Code: [Select]
Winter has arrived on the calendar.
The weather has cleared.
Libash Lanlarerush is no longer rusty Novice Butcher.
Datan Morultobul is now rusty Adequate Conversationalist.
Reg Erithurrith is now rusty Expert Maceman.
Rith Memadendok is no longer rusty Adequate Comedian.
Rith Memadendok is no longer rusty Adequate Consoler.
Erib Kiblogem is now rusty Adequate Intimidator.

I've noticed the announcements don't happen if I start Dwarf Fortress without SoundSense.

Does anyone know any tweaks, edits or setting changes I can make to prevent these rusty this rusty that messages...beyond not running SoundSense that is?  I've been able to find these announcements within the ss_fix.log, located in the main Dwarf Fortress directory, if that helps narrow down possible solutions.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: November 18, 2015, 01:01:22 am »

Delete "hack/scripts/soundsense.lua", and thanks for the report - I'll fix this for the next release.

What happened: I have a script to do some routine checks before I upload a new pack, and one is that soundsense.lua is in place (it's copied from the utility folder if not).  I'd previously made a custom version without the skill rust announcements, but... when I updated Soundsense that was overwritten... which didn't matter until I also updated DFHack.

I think I'll write an improved logging script to go in default DFHack and prevent this kind of problem from recurring.
 Donations here.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: November 18, 2015, 03:13:28 am »

Thanks for the route removal correction description. I can confirm putting the line at the beginning (after the first comment) of dfhack_PeridexisErrant.init works.

WildeSkye

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: November 18, 2015, 10:08:16 am »

Delete "hack/scripts/soundsense.lua", and thanks for the report - I'll fix this for the next release.

Thanks!  I appreciate the help, and am glad I could help out, too.  :)

Guntaas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: November 20, 2015, 12:35:19 pm »

Howdy!
Love the pack, but I have a bit of a problem. Every time I close out the starter pack, DF forgets the entire region. When I re-launch, DF wants me to create a new world. If I save and quit, but don't close the starter pack launcher, it will remember the region. I checked the saves folder, and the save is still there, and the new region I made was called region2, so I think DF recognizes the saves are there. It might have something to do with permissions, but I have tried running as an administrator, moving the file location, essentially everything I can think of. I'm using Windows 8, and everything else seems to work, DF just keeps forgetting the region after I close the starter pack. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 385