Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Candy box !  (Read 22264 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Candy box !
« on: May 05, 2013, 05:33:06 pm »

Picked this game up today, it's...much more than meets the eye.
It is one of those games that really shouldn't be explained too much before playing, as most of the fun stems from learning your way around.
(Hint: 60 candies is where the fun starts.)

.---.
       |   '.|  __
       | ___.--'  )
     _.-'_` _%%%_/
  .-'%%% a: a %%%
      %%  L   %%_
      _%\'-' |  /-.__
   .-' / )--' #/     '\
  /'  /  /---'(    :   \
 /   |  /( /|##|  \     |
/   ||# | / | /|   \    \
|   ||##| I \/ |   |   _|
|   ||: | o  |#|   |  / |
|   ||  / I  |:/  /   |/
|   ||  | o   /  /    /
|   \|  | I  |. /    /
 \  /|##| o  |.|    /
  \/ \::|/\_ /  ---'|

The candy merchant

http://candies.aniwey.net

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
Re: Candy box !
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 05:38:28 pm »

All I'm getting is a button labelled "Save".

Also, what kind of !!FUN!! is this? Horror !!FUN!! or trippy !!FUN!! ?
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 05:39:53 pm »

All I'm getting is a button labelled "Save".

Also, what kind of !!FUN!! is this? Horror !!FUN!! or trippy !!FUN!! ?

Trippy !!FUN!!, I'd say. It does develop into an actual game, eventually, very RPG-ish. But you need more candy!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 05:40:17 pm »

I'm having no luck connecting to the server.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 05:40:48 pm »

It's mild, surprising fun.

I've gotten really, really deep into it. It's more than meets the eye.

I don't know why you're only getting that button, though. The game is buggy on Chrome, if you're using that you might want to try a different browser.
Nothing important here, move along.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 05:46:29 pm »

"Waiting for candies.aniwey.net..."

:/
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 05:48:08 pm »

I saw it on a forum, but some searching shows that it was featured on Kotaku.com today (hour or so ago), so that would probably explain the server load.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 06:35:27 pm »

I thought this was an elaborate joke because I just kept eating the candy or throwing it on the ground, not saving up. I ate 120 candies and threw over 300 on the ground.

EDIT: I love this game.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 06:54:06 pm by Lectorog »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 07:15:53 pm »

If anyone figures out how to beat hell, let me know. I think I might just have to leave this running overnight to get a bunch of max health. :S And I thought the dragon was hard!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 07:22:12 pm »

So much candy, I've already eaten more then 60 candies and thrown more then 60, I'm on IE, am I bugging out or is it random when the hijinx start?

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 07:25:20 pm »

It's not about eating or throwing. It's about having.
Nothing important here, move along.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 07:25:26 pm »

I love this game. I'm pretty sure that /v/ picked it up first, then it spread. A bunch of people were talking about it on steam a week or two ago.

In my experience, the only way to beat hell is to get really lucky with where you can go up and down, invuln potion the spiked walls, and have the sword of summoning. I have no idea if it's possible with a fire or a life sword. After hell, the game becomes a contest to see how careful you can be with spamming Invuln Potion > Teleport Scroll > Seed(s). After hell is Chuck Norris, and he can instakill me at 2K hp, and after him is the dev place that I haven't beaten yet because it keeps your hp at 3 forever.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 07:25:58 pm »

This game is awesome.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 07:28:03 pm »

Every single part of this game reminds me of Anti-idle. Maybe a little more automated than Anti-idle.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 07:29:56 pm »

I love this game. I'm pretty sure that /v/ picked it up first, then it spread. A bunch of people were talking about it on steam a week or two ago.

In my experience, the only way to beat hell is to get really lucky with where you can go up and down, invuln potion the spiked walls, and have the sword of summoning. I have no idea if it's possible with a fire or a life sword. After hell, the game becomes a contest to see how careful you can be with spamming Invuln Potion > Teleport Scroll > Seed(s). After hell is Chuck Norris, and he can instakill me at 2K hp, and after him is the dev place that I haven't beaten yet because it keeps your hp at 3 forever.

Whoo! Beat it! I had to use a couple invuln potions for the demons, but the ghouls are EASY with summoning sword.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chuck Norris :(
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 07:33:27 pm by quinnr »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10