Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: When I was younger, I had a crush on a girl (Stupid things you've done yourself)  (Read 2836 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

... I've never even had a first kiss...
...high five?
...high five. :|
*most subdued high-five ever gooo*
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Come over to my place and we shall all have sloppy makeouts :I

I have kissed exactly two dudes, and I am pretty sure that you guys would be better kissers than at least one of them.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

... I've never even had a first kiss...
...high five?
...high five. :|
*most subdued high-five ever gooo*

high five GET
Hi ...
You'll have to wait, I'm counting.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Come over to my place and we shall all have sloppy makeouts :I

I have kissed exactly two dudes, and I am pretty sure that you guys would be better kissers than at least one of them.
From what I can gather, kissing is like riding a bike; once you figure it out you never forget, but best prepare for scraped elbows and broken legs until you can get it right :P

In other words: I doubt it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 12:28:33 am by Sirus »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Incredibly stupid shit you did when you were younger? Yeah, I got a pretty easy one of those. Not nearly as involved or as much setup, but it's definitely a pretty golden example.

Way back when, I went along with some highschoolers (I was either in elementary or middleschool at the time, mother was their teacher) on a field trip. During said field trip, at one point I ended up letting them convince me to dash across the road (it was a two way street, the light was for the crosswalk) while the light was green. And, welp. I ended up about an arm's length (at the time, maybe 2-3 feet) from the grill of a speeding van, and a couple seconds from being hit and probably either crippled or killed.

Incredibly stupid thing to do, on pretty much all levels, and it nearly ended me. Bright side, the aftermath of that was also more or less the point where I mostly permanently told peer pressure to go fuck itself. Dunno 'bout other folks, but I tend to stop doing stuff (listening to peers, in this case) that almost kills me.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Frumple: You should totally give up on listening to peer pressure. It's what all the cool kids are doing. Don't you want to be cool?

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

Only ever girlfriend was an extremely aggressive kisser. I've never been just kissed on the mouth, I don't think, just French kissed. She was...she's still a very good friend, but I'd not date her now. I was definitely playing with fire. But who cared...it was summer and I was fifteen and young and dumb.

After that I fell into an incredibly depression-laced crush on my history teacher, whose boss was my father. I didn't consciously feel it, but I think I was going through withdrawl symptoms off that relationship. Nothing really happened- no moves made or anything- because I was deathly scared of her and more to the point my parents.

I've gotten over her long, now, but some of that still lingers- I still have occasional bouts of crush-laced depression and even...enjoy them? It's odd. We shall see what college brings.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I enjoyed that, too. I think it was somewhat of an... addiction, perhaps? They say you can be addicted to certain emotional relationships.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Hey Frumple: You should totally give up on listening to peer pressure. It's what all the cool kids are doing. Don't you want to be cool?
I gave up on listening to peer pressure before it was cool, and by the gods I'm sticking with it. Your trends can ensconce themselves in the same moist crevice I wedged that behavioral pattern in.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:20:06 pm by Ogdibus »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I have made many an incredibly stupid, regrettable decision in my short and socially awkward life. And I have a tendency to remember them and revile them indefinitely, and sometimes I feel that that alone contributed a LOT to my self-esteem issues. I never want to talk with anybody, at least in my conscious self-excuses, because I'm always afraid of a repeat. That, as a paragraph, is something stupid I've continually done to myself since I was... Self-aware enough to give a flying crap? Probably like 6-7. I don't think about it as much anymore and I've been more and more able to chat with people recently, I guess the anti-depressants I was prescribed kinda reduce the anxiety, but it used to be that I'd constantly compare mistakes I made recently to those I made in the past, get angry over it, then sad. Roughly every month I'd break down crying, even if nothing had gone wrong on that particular day. I wish I'd fucking gotten it taken care of earlier. High school could have been way more fun.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

I had my first kiss in January. Since then, I'm pretty sure I've kissed at least 4000 times (though all with the same person).

Anyway, I've done a lot of stupid things, but I don't really regret them if I feel I've learned and moved on (as such, I forget a lot of them). One from my childhood that made me realize how horrible bullying is: there was a mentally challenged kid in my first grade class. He constantly got teased/etc for his odd way of talking and slow learning. One day, I joined in on it and personally broke a necklace he had made during class that day. Feeling horrible after that, I resolved never to hurt others again to fit in.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 02:01:57 am by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

She spies on what I'm posting all the time :)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 [2] 3