Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45

Author Topic: Dominions 3 Round 14- Interdimensional Madness! (Game Over. Everybody Died))  (Read 56570 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 Round 14- Interdimensional Madness! (Game in Progress)
« Reply #600 on: August 28, 2013, 07:33:44 am »

Bloody trolls nearly gave me a heart attack when both squads of eighty started to retreat, despite each single one having morale around fifteen.

In the other battle, the Ember Lord got a lucky break when the only mage scripted with banefire went berserk.

Amidst rollbacks, delays and llama server being difficult I have to announce my temporary absence the week of August 30th to September 7th as I will be out of town and unable to access a Dom friendly computer.

I leave it up to you guys how you want to approach this, would it be better to find a sub or delay the game for a week? I can play until this Friday but I'm open to getting another (better) player to fill my shoes.
And about that, I wouldn't mind a week-long break around that time.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 29, 2013, 04:56:49 pm »

You know what I hate? Forts. Especially the fact everywhere I look, Palazzo has one. And I have much less than that. I just want to blaze across the world in a burst of glory. LET ME HAVE WHAT I WANT

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 29, 2013, 08:52:36 pm »

I also hate teleporting super armies that can strike anywhere at any time, thus causing my only hope to be to teleport into them first. What I like is seeing assassination attempts on Yaqub fail over and over and my growing personal spider army.

And all those tentacles at Elderhill...dark vines, abominations, illithids and a land walking kraken!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:09:41 pm by Kebooo »

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 29, 2013, 09:23:20 pm »

Ah poop, looks like I suffered a game deciding battle myself.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 29, 2013, 09:37:50 pm »

I also hate teleporting super armies that can strike anywhere at any time, thus causing my only hope to be to teleport into them first. What I like is seeing assassination attempts on Yaqub fail over and over and my growing personal spider army.

And all those tentacles at Elderhill...dark vines, abominations, illithids and a land walking kraken!
You win some, you lose some.
I'm sure Mojorocker will be back and rocking his mojo in no time. At least he cast doom as a farewell gift.

By the way, do you get to keep enslaved assasins or do they dissapear like it is with pd?

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 29, 2013, 09:45:18 pm »

And I learned that the power of a cave troll isn't in his weapon arm, it's in his really thick asbestos skin.

Oh, and that magical diversity is very, very, very important when my SCs can't fly and cover my ass.
And with that I'll see you folks in a week.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 29, 2013, 09:47:53 pm »

They seem to disappear, which is a shame. At least I haven't noticed gaining anything from those encounters.

I thought I was being sneaky sending Mojorocker and company around over there. For some reason I figured your marauding teleport army would stay where it was and begin an invasion around Flamma Gate. I'm not sure why I thought that. Probably because it would make things simple and predictable and that's what I wanted! I don't like the idea of those guys showing up anywhere, anytime. Have them go bother someone else.

Also, last turn I cast like, 15 vengeance of the dead and they all either missed or were resisted. I'm guessing it's not such a great spell since the #1 killer is often a high MR guy? Or perhaps I should only be casting it with high spell pen.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 29, 2013, 10:09:14 pm »

I've never managed to cast vengeance of the dead succesfully. It seems like too much of a pain and cost for too little a gain. With mind hunt, at least, when you penetrate mr you get a guaranteed kill.

Ah poop, looks like I suffered a game deciding battle myself.
And I learned that the power of a cave troll isn't in his weapon arm, it's in his really thick asbestos skin.

Oh, and that magical diversity is very, very, very important when my SCs can't fly and cover my ass.
So who's won the battle? I'm getting conflicting messages here.

I've put the game on hold.
We'll get back to the exciting adventures in wholesale killing after he's back.

By the way, one king of elemental earth is currently unemployed. Go and get him, before R'lyeh does it!

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 29, 2013, 10:10:48 pm »

By the way, we're already trying to re-hire our lost comrade so YOU MIGHT BE WASTING YOUR TIME.

If you mind hunt a province with an astral mage in it, are you automatically feeble minded? Or is that some % chance?

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 29, 2013, 10:16:43 pm »

30-40 % chance per astral level of him catching your mage I believe I read somewhere.

Two different battles, I won one, Ulm won one.

Did kill an Iron Angel with Mind hunt though. I was more excited to see that than I was watching the battle.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 29, 2013, 10:26:33 pm »

30-40 % chance per astral level of him catching your mage I believe I read somewhere.

Two different battles, I won one, Ulm won one.

Did kill an Iron Angel with Mind hunt though. I was more excited to see that than I was watching the battle.
That was probably the worst loss I ever had so far.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 30, 2013, 09:43:42 am »

Damn greedy trolls, stealing all the items from the SCs they kill. My commanders are lucky to find scraps.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 30, 2013, 11:16:09 am »

I'd prefer not to talk about how I lost a pretender and about 275 gems worth of value from that battle all to kill 7 of your hundreds. Have you no sensitivity?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 30, 2013, 09:47:39 pm »

Sorry, mate. I'm a soulless automaton.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:37:52 am by Il Palazzo »

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 01, 2013, 08:31:50 pm »

HAHAHA THE BETA IS OUT!
EA MACHAKA HAS ELEPHANTS! AND PYGMIES!
Okay okay. There's a bunch of tribes. Hyena has the best mages and are handy with earth,death, and fire magic. There's spider too and they have poisonous weapons and a fire/death shaman. The lion tribe dudes are the strongest and are the leaders and strong fire/earth mages and priests. Rhino clan are the hoplites. Also interestingly, their war elephants are the only ones out of all the nations that doesn't have shit morale.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 08:43:39 pm by Mrhappyface »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45