Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 45

Author Topic: Dominions 3 Round 14- Interdimensional Madness! (Game Over. Everybody Died))  (Read 56451 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 Round 14- Interdimensional Madness! (Game in Progress)
« Reply #285 on: July 18, 2013, 11:02:18 am »

Work around the hydra+troop limitation with positioning and orders. I shan't give you the exact formulas, but I've utilized hydras a lot as Sauromatia.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 18, 2013, 03:51:56 pm »

Work around the hydra+troop limitation with positioning and orders. I shan't give you the exact formulas, but I've utilized hydras a lot as Sauromatia.

It probably works in larger battlefields but the best way to cheese them is to actually filter the hydras into a single line with the allies troops.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 19, 2013, 01:59:26 pm »

why can't you have hydras with other troops?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #288 on: July 19, 2013, 02:10:27 pm »

Its not that you can't have them with other troops. Its just that they have a poison cloud thing going on so if the other troops are not immune they tend to die from it.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 19, 2013, 02:13:27 pm »

Its not that you can't have them with other troops. Its just that they have a poison cloud thing going on so if the other troops are not immune they tend to die from it.
ah I see

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #290 on: July 19, 2013, 05:12:19 pm »

Since round 13 has wrapped up I opened up a thread for round 15. The thread is here.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 20, 2013, 06:57:46 am »

Sent my turn to llamaserver but it doesn't seem to have received it.  Sent it a second time and so far, same thing.  Hopefully that'll work itself out soon.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 20, 2013, 10:07:54 am »

Sent my turn to llamaserver but it doesn't seem to have received it.  Sent it a second time and so far, same thing.  Hopefully that'll work itself out soon.
Server is currently not updating. No need to resend your turns or fret too much - it'll process your submitted saves once it resumes operation.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 20, 2013, 07:26:15 pm »

@Il Palazzo:  Thanks for letting me know :D.  Now if only llamaserver would start working again so I could see how that rather important turn went.
Sure thing peanut man!

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 20, 2013, 09:02:50 pm »

Oh poop. Oh well. Next turn is when starts getting cuhrayzee.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 22, 2013, 06:03:50 pm »

With what turns out to have been a hardware problem fixed, the server is up again. Three cheers for llamabeast for the selfless service he does in providing and maintaining the server. There is some talk about supporting the man with some donations: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?s=400081a77b00adcdd3a5134339243a37&showtopic=1487&st=0

In other news, it turns out Alkhemia did not send his turn yet. Why is that, we do not know, but we wish it weren't so.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 22, 2013, 07:52:40 pm »

With what turns out to have been a hardware problem fixed, the server is up again. Three cheers for llamabeast for the selfless service he does in providing and maintaining the server. There is some talk about supporting the man with some donations: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?s=400081a77b00adcdd3a5134339243a37&showtopic=1487&st=0

In other news, it turns out Alkhemia did not send his turn yet. Why is that, we do not know, but we wish it weren't so.
sorry about that the email got deleted when I was clean my stuff out on accident I was just going to pick up on the next turn I'm not missing much 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 07:54:54 pm by Alkhemia »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 22, 2013, 10:36:25 pm »

Just got about 25 emails from llamaserver saying they got my revised turn.  I only sent one revised turn and I get like 5 more "notifications" like every half hour but no new turn that I can see.
Sure thing peanut man!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 23, 2013, 03:05:31 am »

sorry about that the email got deleted when I was clean my stuff out on accident I was just going to pick up on the next turn I'm not missing much
It's too bad you didn't take the chance to resend your turn, as the server is down again, and so, we're still stuck where we were.
For future reference, remember that each time the server is "unstuck", it automatically postpones the hosting time by extra 24h, so there's always time to get stuff done.
Unfortunately, this time I've thoughtlessly sent a force turn hosting request, so the turn will be processed right after the current server problem is solved.

This is doubly unfortunate for you, as it's the second consecutive turn you're going to stall, and I hear there are spiders rustling through the leaves not too far away.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 23, 2013, 04:23:10 am »

Aaaaand it's up again.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=1487&st=45
Did you send your turn, Alkhemia?
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 45