Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: HackWars  (Read 3743 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
HackWars
« on: April 30, 2013, 03:17:15 pm »

Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)
http://www.hackwars.net/

HackWars is an online multiplayer game that puts players in the role of a fictional "hacker", running scripts and programs from a virtual computer to steal, trade, and play with other players. The game is pretty unique for its genre, mainly because of the awesome "HackScript" system it contains which allows players to actually write small scripts to have different effects when run in the game.

There is a lot of both NPC and PC interaction in the game, so whether there are many players online or not, there is still fun to be had. A clan is currently being worked on, it costs a large sum of money to put one up, but we'll get there eventually! In the meantime, feel free to ask me if you need a particular file, I can probably find it somewhere and share it with you. There aren't many players on right now, but the developers are still active and working on creating "Hackwars 2", which should be out sometime relatively soon.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 03:28:53 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: HackWars
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 03:24:28 pm »

God yes ! This sounds like a much better slave hack ! Link link link please !
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 03:29:01 pm »

God yes ! This sounds like a much better slave hack ! Link link link please !
Whoops, added it.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 04:05:58 pm »

PTW, so I don't have to use the slavehack thread to keep up with this.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 04:42:49 pm »

...I'd just decided to dig up some of my old Corewars stuff.  Now I'm torn about whether to have a look at this instead, once I get the time to look up something new...

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 05:00:17 pm »

PTW, im looking at neverwinter online now but ill check this one as soon as i can.

Oscuro1987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 05:22:42 pm »

I've played HackWarz and it's really worth the time.
It's a bit repetitive after a while though, but hey, what do yu expect from a hacking game?
The ability to """code""" your own programs/virii/games!/... ingame is a real plus.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 07:42:44 pm »

The game has changed a ton since I last played...a bunch of different networks you can hop to and stuff, and a lot more quests. Still trying to figure out the second part of the Network card quest, if anyone gets there and wants to help out. (Roger whats-his-name)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 08:08:13 pm »

I'm willing to play even I'm the worst programmer I know if the Bay12 community forms a group on it

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 08:11:23 pm »

Bleh.
I ran out of money from healing my attacker instead of getting more money to get that cpu upgrade finally because the one you start with gives you so very little overhead to spare on letting things get beatup a bit. Any tips besides waiting for daily pay to pop-in?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 08:11:46 pm »

Bleh.
I ran out of money from healing my attacker instead of getting more money to get that cpu upgrade finally because the one you start with gives you so very little overhead to spare on letting things get beatup a bit. Any tips besides waiting for daily pay to pop-in?
I can send you a few bucks if you PM me your IP.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 08:24:27 pm »

It's a bit repetitive after a while though, but hey, what do yu expect from a hacking game?

That was my only big complaint with the game when I played it a few months ago. I'd still recommend people try it out. It only got boring after 3-4 days of almost constant hacking. Totally worthy time-sink.

Also, big tip: Don't needlessly piss off older players. Some of them can be dicks if you act full of yourself, but most are content to leave you alone if you don't act up too much... until it's too late and you kill their computers! Mwahaha

EDIT: Ahaha, just logged in today after a loooong time, and I had more than 800,000$ in petty cash from NPC redirects. The fact that no one hacked me or the NPCs in that time means the game is pretty much dead though :(
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 08:34:01 pm by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 08:40:32 pm »

I keep losing at the first screen, can someone give me a hint?
Spoiler: screenshot (click to show/hide)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 08:44:58 pm »

I keep losing at the first screen, can someone give me a hint?
Spoiler: screenshot (click to show/hide)

That looks like the default security question that any self-respecting browser asks before running applications (at least, Java ones). Up to you to decide to accept the 'risk'.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 08:47:50 pm »

If you're actually confused, tick the accept box of course. Provided you trust the website.

Also, may look in to this, after finals and such.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: [1] 2