Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 931440 times)

thfrgi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 18th Nov
« Reply #1515 on: November 23, 2016, 06:11:18 am »

So, coming back to Df after a long time away from it, i was looking forward to enjoying the many improvements of MDF (as I had done in the past) while retaining the original DF look, which I find to be infintely more pleasing than any tileset.
However: MDF simply refuses to look like Vanilla DF.
Here are my settings (also note that these are the settings after first unpacking MDF, no other world generated previously):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and here is a side-by-side comparison of what I get with vanilla DF:

The colors are all wrong, and it has nothing of the crispness of the original, everything is kind of fuzzy.

Also note that "creature sprites" is ticked in: this is not because I want the sprites, but because if i leave it ticked off, the game then uses some tileset, and not the ASCII
See for yourself:

Is there any way for me to fix this so that I can play with nice, clean, crisp ASCII? I am pretty damn close to just giving up and sticking to vanilla, if this mod insists on forcing some tilesets upon me :c

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: November 23, 2016, 08:20:28 pm »

All of your settings look perfectly normal.  No idea why it looks so...  off. 
Try setting the colors to "defaultplus" and see if those look more accurate.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: November 23, 2016, 09:36:33 pm »

I think the color issue maybe the new color scheme for seasons option... I'm not sure how to turn that off. Think Meph posted a quick how too somewhere in theach last few posts here.

Yes. Its the seasonal color from the new update.

From the release thread I made today:
Thanks to Milo Christiansens season-palette script, the colors (hue) ingame will change depending on the current season. You can disable this feature by opening the dfhack.init and deleting the line "season-palette start" at the very top.

I thought it was a bug because it seemed to coincide with my pressing of the buttons. tnx for the tip il go check it out.
The creature sprite thing is new this version, so expect there's some error in the script. 

Try those instructions for the color issues... maybe that will fix the reat.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 24, 2016, 12:03:18 am »

I think the color issue maybe the new color scheme for seasons option... I'm not sure how to turn that off. Think Meph posted a quick how too somewhere in theach last few posts here.

Yes. Its the seasonal color from the new update.

From the release thread I made today:
Thanks to Milo Christiansens season-palette script, the colors (hue) ingame will change depending on the current season. You can disable this feature by opening the dfhack.init and deleting the line "season-palette start" at the very top.

I thought it was a bug because it seemed to coincide with my pressing of the buttons. tnx for the tip il go check it out.
The creature sprite thing is new this version, so expect there's some error in the script. 

Try those instructions for the color issues... maybe that will fix the reat.

You're totally right.  I think this is the issue.  To fix it just delete the season-palette start line in the dfhack.ini file.

Dustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: November 24, 2016, 12:17:38 am »

ok guys quick question, how would i go about updating masterwork? would i just pull my saves from the old version, and then move them to the new installed one?
Should we have embarked right next to a goblin fortress?
Yes we should have, no Goblins yet *yet*
Hi. I'm Dwarf fortress, and I'm a crashaholic

Nightcore Angel

• Bay Watcher
  • Noice! Now, keel over and DIE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: November 24, 2016, 01:25:34 am »

ok guys quick question, how would i go about updating masterwork? would i just pull my saves from the old version, and then move them to the new installed one?
That would only work with hotfix updates, if there was new features implemented, you wont be able to see it until a new world is generated.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: November 24, 2016, 11:14:14 am »

I'm fairly certain that the seasonal color schemes have nothing at all to do with the fuzziness. Maybe your window is too narrow - have you tried making it a bit wider? The MDF one appears to be about 25 pixels narrower.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

redivider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: November 25, 2016, 10:01:12 am »

Just got an "undead" siege with all lightning man. They all died almost as soon as they showed up on the map. http://imgur.com/17h8YwI http://imgur.com/T9JNCx2

Dustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: November 25, 2016, 12:49:47 pm »

Just got an "undead" siege with all lightning man. They all died almost as soon as they showed up on the map. http://imgur.com/17h8YwI http://imgur.com/T9JNCx2
what mods? also how?

thfrgi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: November 25, 2016, 12:52:12 pm »

I deleted the graphics folder in the save folder, that took care of the creature sprites issue, the game reverts to ascii if it can't find the graphics i guess.
Thanks for the tips about the colors, although in the meantime i have decided i am okay with the colors changing with the season (even if it makes no sense for stone to change colors...), this way i always know what season it is.
The fuzziness was also resolved for the most part by finding an appropriate zoom setting and changing print mode to 2D.

I would however suggest the GUI and mod be set up in such a way that the default would be pretty much vanilla DF and you have to choose which graphics you want. It seems to me that would make more sense than some non-vanilla graphical setup being arbitrarily chosen as the default.

In other news, i have received my first undead siege, but since i have decaying undead ticked on, the have all become dead again for good, but the SIEGE tag is still on my screen. Will that ever go away or am I stuck in a perpetual siege with no besiegers now?
Edit:
If your SIEGE tag isn't going away either, this is the same issue I have.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 01:14:24 pm by thfrgi »

redivider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: November 25, 2016, 03:56:22 pm »

My siege tag went away pretty fast, only mod is the latest MW package, nothing else.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: November 25, 2016, 05:19:51 pm »

My siege tag went away pretty fast, only mod is the latest MW package, nothing else.

MW is a mod pack that includes a variety of mods; when people ask "what mods", usually you'll want to post your settings.

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: November 25, 2016, 05:57:34 pm »

Sounds like it's the *mancers option, part of the Mythical Monsters Mod. Enabled by default. Depends a lot on the RNG putting those secrets into the world. One of my worlds had a tower dedicated to the secret of legendary cheese making and another tower of oinomancers; the magic of wine and eternal inebriation. I was going to send an adventurer to take some study notes from these fine gentlemen but I got distracted and never saw them in action.

redivider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: November 25, 2016, 07:11:11 pm »

I was just wondering why they were all insta-gibbed  ::)

Dustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: November 25, 2016, 08:29:53 pm »

Sounds like it's the *mancers option, part of the Mythical Monsters Mod. Enabled by default. Depends a lot on the RNG putting those secrets into the world. One of my worlds had a tower dedicated to the secret of legendary cheese making and another tower of oinomancers; the magic of wine and eternal inebriation. I was going to send an adventurer to take some study notes from these fine gentlemen but I got distracted and never saw them in action.
#FAILEDAMAZINGLY
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 166