Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 932117 times)

lightstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK REBORN☼ - 40.24 - V.006 - Last Update: 27th March
« Reply #420 on: September 20, 2015, 12:13:49 pm »

@Meph:

What's the status of "construct-creature" script?

Or any other creature spawning script.  I'm looking forward to that specifically.

Who's working on it?
It's done. Expwnent released a new version. There will be additions to it for equipment and location, best to write him a PM.

Meph, when are you back? When do we get updates on whats happening with MDF?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #421 on: September 20, 2015, 02:58:42 pm »

@Meph:

Or any other creature spawning script.  I'm looking forward to that specifically.

Who's working on it?
It's done. Expwnent released a new version. There will be additions to it for equipment and location, best to write him a PM.

In 11 days.
the updates continue 1st september. because I'm back already, writing from my home pc. muhahah
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Avtomatik

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 21, 2015, 09:00:33 am »

@Meph:

Who's working on it?

In 11 days.
the updates continue 1st september. because I'm back already, writing from my home pc. muhahah

*starts the countdown clock*

You timed it right: the same day when my university courses start again -.-'
;)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 24, 2015, 05:42:21 pm »

I am about to resume playing DF, how up to date is this mod with the latest release?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #424 on: September 24, 2015, 06:09:00 pm »

I am about to resume playing DF, how up to date is this mod with the latest release?
The features that have been put into the mod all work just fine. Its not 100% where it was before but that is partially because they are not aiming for all of the previous features to be in this time. Think more quality, less kitchen sink

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 24, 2015, 07:36:18 pm »

To my grasping, the new release (that's been there since March?) is arguably an early Beta. Its playable, but lots of missing features, bugs, and imbalances. Not unplayable, but not really better compared to the stable version (yet, Meph is working on the new version and hopefully, will remedy a lot of the issues soonish).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #426 on: September 24, 2015, 08:34:40 pm »

To my grasping, the new release (that's been there since March?) is arguably an early Beta. Its playable, but lots of missing features, bugs, and imbalances. Not unplayable, but not really better compared to the stable version (yet, Meph is working on the new version and hopefully, will remedy a lot of the issues soonish).
Excuse me? Most of the dwarf mode and kobold mode I made is finished and there are no bugs to my knowledge, neither imbalances, if you can even say that in DF.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dracko81

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 24, 2015, 08:57:15 pm »

The biggest bug with kobold mode is lack of invasions, but that is not your fault.  Can't get glass production happening.  :(

Can't make anything beyond leather/bone.  Although they seemed to be quite capable of stacking wood very high.

Steforian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 24, 2015, 11:30:20 pm »

I know this overhaul is unfinished, but can we still make paper out of logs? Cause i don't see the reaction anymore.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 25, 2015, 03:49:44 pm »

I meant, is it for the latest version, the one with the big trees, stress, climbing invaders etc? Does it tweak any of that?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #430 on: September 25, 2015, 03:52:49 pm »

Yes it is. Version number is in the title, 40.24. Masterwork Reborn is for the new DF.

Dracko81

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 26, 2015, 02:26:08 am »

The biggest bug with kobold mode is lack of invasions, but that is not your fault.  Can't get glass production happening.  :(

Can't make anything beyond leather/bone.  Although they seemed to be quite capable of stacking wood very high.

So I decided to fire up a kobold game again and it turns out you can take charcoal with you at embark.  Which is fire safe so taking one unit means that glass production can be done in no time, assuming you have sand on your embark and enough trees for charcoal.

Also worth noting, 1 wood can be burnt at wood burner for 1 charcoal.  1 wood can be burnt at the crematorium for 1 coke.  Or 1 wood block can be burnt at the crematorium for 1 coke.  Slight exploit if you want lots of coke and trees are in short supply.

Additionally I didn't try that first, I actually melted down my starting hatchet at the workshop.  However repeating the job allows you to create infinite metal bars from metal bars. I was going to tear everything down and make it all silver, but it is just too peaceful to push on.  Set a few workshops on repeat and you can be swimming in metal bars.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #432 on: September 26, 2015, 03:30:15 am »

However repeating the job allows you to create infinite metal bars from metal bars.
How so? The reagent should be gone afterwards.

Dracko81

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 26, 2015, 04:33:18 am »

I don't know, try it out yourself.  Start up a new embark with kobolds take a few hatchets and some wood.  Build a crafts.. shop and tell it melt metal item into bars, set the job to repeat.

Make sure you take enough logs to melt a few logs into bars of metal.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 26, 2015, 08:23:46 pm »

I think I have a new working MDF on linux.  The very basics work, but still need to make therapist work, and learn how stonesense gets compiled/installed these days, and twbt doesn't seem to show multiple levels down, but hey Truetype works!  There's all those other utilities, too ...
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 166