Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 932156 times)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK REBORN☼ - 40.24 - V.006 - Last Update: 27th March
« Reply #315 on: June 13, 2015, 12:58:34 pm »

Not suitable terrain to place them? I'm not sure what they require but I presume something like high savagery (presuming world gen can place any civ in high savagery), tropical forest. Whatever file that defines them will, I think, specify the biomes they can be placed in, but I'm too lazy to go digging to find it,

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 13, 2015, 02:00:50 pm »

I've noticed some oddities in the WorldGen as well.  For example, Naga show up even when they are disabled in the Civs tab.

Wheeljack

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes explosions for their BOOM
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 13, 2015, 04:22:08 pm »

Edited: Ah, found my answer by simiply going back a page. Nevermind me.

Really enjoying this mod so far, however. :3
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 04:26:39 pm by Wheeljack »

dooro23

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 13, 2015, 05:17:14 pm »

Not suitable terrain to place them? I'm not sure what they require but I presume something like high savagery (presuming world gen can place any civ in high savagery), tropical forest. Whatever file that defines them will, I think, specify the biomes they can be placed in, but I'm too lazy to go digging to find it,
So everyone else using Reborn V.006 is getting orcs?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 13, 2015, 05:31:28 pm »

So everyone else using Reborn V.006 is getting orcs?

I wouldn't think so.  Meph's OP doesn't indicate he's patched anything in, and I haven't submitted an update myself.

I presume something like high savagery (presuming world gen can place any civ in high savagery), tropical forest.

actually, (to be clear this is from Masterwork 6)

[START_BIOME:ANY_FOREST]
[START_BIOME:SAVANNA_TEMPERATE]
    [BIOME_SUPPORT:TAIGA:6]
    [BIOME_SUPPORT:SAVANNA_TEMPERATE:3]
    [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_FOREST:3]
    [BIOME_SUPPORT:MOUNTAIN:1]
    [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_WETLAND:2]
    [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_DESERT:1]
    [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_OCEAN:1]
    [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_LAKE:1]
    [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_RIVER:1]
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 05:34:39 pm by smakemupagus »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 15, 2015, 04:53:52 am »

Just here, lurking.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 17, 2015, 12:19:24 pm »

IU want to play some Df again should i pick up the Reborn or do you guys recommend sticking to the old one? (dont know if reborn is buggy missing to mutch stuff or not)

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 17, 2015, 02:17:54 pm »

I would say it depends on what it is you are looking for. If you were excited about the newer DF features then try out reborn. If you wanted to create an orc fort then stick with the previous version.

Reborn does not have all the races implemented as of yet so you may be missing out on your favourite races. Check out the first post in this thread for what is implemented already.

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 17, 2015, 02:38:08 pm »

I want a challange.. im bored of most stuff i survived the crazyest shit (well my dwarfs /others did) im looking for a challange i like the dwarfen race, i dont rlly know what to play i did not try the new df features so far. any good suggestions?

(spoiler) i prtty mutch eradicated the hell inhabitants in vanilla DF with my candy dwarfs and defensive system.. so i want a reaally hard challange.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 17, 2015, 02:53:58 pm »

Challenge doesn't really exist in DF, not in quite the sense you mean.

You could try sticking with the old one and playing with secret fun on (cults, diseases) and keep a stock of plump helmet men around. But even these have relatively "easy" solutions as long as you're willing to manage them.

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 17, 2015, 03:36:28 pm »

Well i made my hobby collecting all sorts of animals and make somne sorts of Zoos breed them and tame them, the more diffrent and rare the better so im possibly one of the few people who likes the elfes for bringing me rare and tamed animals xD i hear gnomes had a Pokeball crossbow but i never could find it, i think that release im playing on is bugged since half of the gnome buildings seem not to work or do anything... and after all the work i put in making a energy system which does not weaken my defensif structure took me multible hours to build it all still annoyed about that xD
id wish this crossbow and other stuff were easyer accesible by trade for example =)

Well i set the challanges myself like kill  (spoiler) hell or try to catch a semi/mega beast and try to breed them well... they seem infertile as far as i can tell which is really sad.. took ages to spawn 2 rocs and trap them..
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 03:40:24 pm by Bainin »

l3af

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 19, 2015, 08:56:37 am »

I want a challange.. im bored of most stuff i survived the crazyest shit (well my dwarfs /others did) im looking for a challange i like the dwarfen race, i dont rlly know what to play i did not try the new df features so far. any good suggestions?

(spoiler) i prtty mutch eradicated the hell inhabitants in vanilla DF with my candy dwarfs and defensive system.. so i want a reaally hard challange.

Hey Bainin, try to use that with any version of DF that you like, i hope that you'll enjoy that hardcore - http://www.scenariogenerator.net/game/dwarffortress . You just need to be honest, and have good imagination. Maybe you'll just get there some ideas that'll inspire you to create something!

teldon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 19, 2015, 09:10:50 pm »

Has anyone got this working for linux yet?

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 20, 2015, 07:44:02 am »

Lol my frist challange:
Surroundings:  Vulcano Joyous Wilds,  easy mode x10

Challanges: Choose an industry, you may only work that industry (I.E. Only metalworking, only crafting etc.) The only metal you are allowed to use is Iron  ??? what how is that supossed to work?

Goal: Build a town, Capture a forgotten beast, Treat your nobles like nobility. As soon as the King declares his first stupid mandate, execute every noble in an interesting way.

the goals sound fun i already have some ideas for executions.

Fun site thx mate i reroll it now lots for good ideas =D

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 21, 2015, 08:52:19 pm »

I kept getting the message: "Unable to Place Controllable Civilization" during world gen. I tried many things before finally, I think, nailing it down. If, after having extracted the rar file, I do nothing but start up the MDF GUI, go to the 'Civilizations' tab, and uncheck either 'Active' or 'Fort' for Kobolds, I get this error. Could someone please confirm this. Thanks.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 166