Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201528 times)

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1935 on: January 25, 2014, 07:30:39 pm »

My mayor just opened several boxes of steel bars and steel armor. Now that he is done, he has a job to "clean self."  My mayor is listed as "Miserable." He as a job to "clean self," but he is unable to leave the Trade storehouse. He just keeps trying to go for the stairs, simply repeating his movements over and over. He's not insane, he just can't leave the Trace storehouse. I'm working on destroying it, but is there a reason for this? 

Edit: I have taken down the storehouse, (which exploded in bars.) and the mayor is still stuck. He enters the same square as the stairs, but can't seem to go anywhere.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 07:36:35 pm by SimRobert2001 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1936 on: January 25, 2014, 07:47:21 pm »

Easiest solution is to simply draft him into the military, order him somewhere, then kick him out again.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: January 25, 2014, 08:23:59 pm »

Easiest solution is to simply draft him into the military, order him somewhere, then kick him out again.

Or just wait. He's chilling in the dining room right now. Was that a bug, then? Is it known?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1938 on: January 25, 2014, 08:24:32 pm »

Its dwarves being stupid. Its a vanilla DF feature. Nothing MDF specific.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Griskard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: January 25, 2014, 08:50:36 pm »

How many crates of stuff do caravans usually bring? Could I get hundreds of bars per caravan?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: January 25, 2014, 08:55:55 pm »

How many crates of stuff do caravans usually bring? Could I get hundreds of bars per caravan?

You could provided you're willing to shell out the amount of goods to pay for them (as bar crates are expensive but still reasonable to buy; I find the shields enemies bring are extremely helpful there as they tend to favor expensive metals and they'revaluable even as a bog standard item.)

Griskard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: January 25, 2014, 09:16:10 pm »

Oh yeah I don't mind having to PAY for them, I was just wondering is there some sort of limit, like if I want to take mithril bars, use a legendary smith to turn them into weapons, then next caravan take the swords and trade for even more mithril, is there an upper limit on the number of crates each caravan will bring.

So say, first time I could get 30 bars, turn into 10 longswords, get 60 bars, turn into 20 longswords, and so on, or will the caravan only bring a couple of crates of each metal tops, forcing me to diversify my industries?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: January 25, 2014, 09:22:49 pm »

They'll bring more of whatever you make max priority but I dunno how many they'll bring. Most I've ever bought was a few crates of iron, steel, or gold when I felt I might need them, as well as cure-all crates for medicine. I'm gonna guess that they're kinda heavy though so don't ask for too many other heavy items.

Griskard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: January 25, 2014, 09:27:26 pm »

Well I'm thinking of doing a no-immigrant fort, so it might be sufficient, don't suppose anyone knows a way to increase the amounts they bring in the raws?

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: January 26, 2014, 01:09:24 am »

just get an average military and make mithril statues.  summon mithril colossi, kill them, dissect them for 25 bars

works for adamantine too

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: January 26, 2014, 01:30:00 am »

So not sure if this is a bug, but is it normal for your embark animals to have rabies? I have the Disease and Secret FUN options toggled off, yet my Mastiffs just went crazy and butchered all my other animals and some Dwarves not long after i embarked. Had no idea what was going on.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: January 26, 2014, 01:36:27 am »

So not sure if this is a bug, but is it normal for your embark animals to have rabies? I have the Disease and Secret FUN options toggled off, yet my Mastiffs just went crazy and butchered all my other animals and some Dwarves not long after i embarked. Had no idea what was going on.

As I recall some of the buttons may be a little messed up in the gui and it'll be fixed in the next release.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1947 on: January 26, 2014, 05:16:51 am »

As I recall some of the buttons may be a little messed up in the gui and it'll be fixed in the next release.
the tag to disable rabies with other diseases was missing from the raws

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: January 26, 2014, 07:41:06 am »

Oh yeah I don't mind having to PAY for them, I was just wondering is there some sort of limit, like if I want to take mithril bars, use a legendary smith to turn them into weapons, then next caravan take the swords and trade for even more mithril, is there an upper limit on the number of crates each caravan will bring.

So say, first time I could get 30 bars, turn into 10 longswords, get 60 bars, turn into 20 longswords, and so on, or will the caravan only bring a couple of crates of each metal tops, forcing me to diversify my industries?

In my experience, traders usually bring a max at about 4-5 of the same items, making the same true for crates.

Maybe in a late fortress when you can give the caravan millions in profit they can bring more (I think caravans get larger as it becomes more profitable to trade with you), but my forts never really survive the machinations of ARMOK's brother, Borinsaf (boredom in safety).

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: January 26, 2014, 07:56:19 am »

Caravans do get larger over time but your fortresses fall to Boredom?  Mine seemingly never make it long enough to check out everything new before visitation by Meph, the Dwarven Imp of New Releases.
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 165