Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201205 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1320 on: November 02, 2013, 11:53:22 am »

Its Praying. So either your priests work this holiest of metals and use the vanilla reaction of "Extract metal strands", or you use the "Extract adamantine strands", which is [SKILL:METALCRAFT]. I added the new custom reaction, because I think metalcrafting fits better.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chronomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: November 02, 2013, 05:21:57 pm »

Can't find the orb of light in any workshop or the raws, is it implemented?

Ed. nvm found it, gem of light.

Ok now I can't get them to work, The gem does not have any reactions and the brazier starts fires but they dont emit light. The fireplace completes a reaction but does not emit light. Anything i'm missing?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:49:16 pm by chronomad »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1322 on: November 02, 2013, 07:50:27 pm »

Do you have Rendermax enabled?

The workshop reactions actually dont work, since its a Rendermax version that does not allow items to glow, so I simply made the workshops themselves glow. If you build a gem of light, it should automatically give light.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chronomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: November 02, 2013, 10:37:01 pm »

Yep, it's enabled. Tried a couple tilesets but no avail. Here is a sample of what I'm seeing.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: November 03, 2013, 04:08:05 am »

Quick question; I thought processing ore first removed the slag bars and left only the slag tools?
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: November 03, 2013, 03:52:57 pm »

The Chief Medical Dwarf is caught in a burst of knowledge!
The Chief Medical Dwarf is caught in a cloud of knowledge!

Anyone have a clue what just happened? My Chief Medical Dwarf is the "lifemancer" I was asking about earlier, perhaps related, but this is the first time I've seen it and he's been around for years.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1320684/df1.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1320684/df2.png

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: November 03, 2013, 04:07:13 pm »

Hes a genius with goldfish memory.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: November 03, 2013, 05:06:35 pm »

Is the code for harder smelting disabled? I was checking the raws and it still lists [Violent Reaction:1] or similar in the ores.

On another note, after disabling simple ores I can't seem to find the reaction to process a number of them, such as tetrahedrite.

In the same vein, it still lists tetrahedrite as a single metal ore with disabling simple ores.

Are those intended? Am I missing some code?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

chronomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: November 03, 2013, 08:19:47 pm »

Can't find the orb of light in any workshop or the raws, is it implemented?

Ed. nvm found it, gem of light.

Ok now I can't get them to work, The gem does not have any reactions and the brazier starts fires but they dont emit light. The fireplace completes a reaction but does not emit light. Anything i'm missing?

After some testing, the issue turned out to be the tileset. I'll break it down to parts:

I genned a new world with MW tileset and created a gem of light, it worked.
Genned another, with spacefox, created a gem. It did not work.
Changed the tileset of the spacefox world to the MW tileset, gem still doesn't work.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: November 04, 2013, 01:58:51 am »

I hate posting questions like this but I can't seem to figure out what the golem heart actually is.  Is it soap or bars? I keep losing them to thieves because I can't get anyone to haul them inside.  Used to have the same problem with blueprints before the research method was introduced.

A related question is that I used to use dfhack command to inspect items and workshops, it may have been two commands. The command would tell me the item and then what it was, like bar of soap. The workshop one would tell me the labor needed, which isn't as necessary with the manual now.  For the life of me I've searched and read and I can't find anything like this now.  Does anyone know if there is a still a command or way to pull up an item that tells you what it is classified as?

Similar to the last question when a reaction is red and needs more components you can click enter to see everything the reaction needs.  If a reaction is blue is there a way to pull up a list of what components will be used?  Nice to know for the more expensive reactions, especially if repeat is used.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 05:05:10 am by kamikazi1231 »

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: November 04, 2013, 08:42:31 am »

Is there a combination of buttons and settings that will restore pottery to the vanilla process?

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: November 04, 2013, 09:57:26 pm »

Is there a combination of buttons and settings that will restore pottery to the vanilla process?

Not yet. I wish.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: November 04, 2013, 10:34:22 pm »

The Chief Medical Dwarf is caught in a burst of knowledge!
The Chief Medical Dwarf is caught in a cloud of knowledge!

Anyone have a clue what just happened? My Chief Medical Dwarf is the "lifemancer" I was asking about earlier, perhaps related, but this is the first time I've seen it and he's been around for years.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1320684/df1.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1320684/df2.png
This looks like an buff, and seems is a positive effect.

DwarvesAtWork

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: November 05, 2013, 10:57:56 am »

Is there a reason not to use the standard world gen for masterwork? I am having a hard time getting all the civilizations on the same world when using an advanced gen.
Indie Games to check out:
Dwelvers - Dungeon Management game with 3D digging and economic focus
War for the Overworld - Dungeon Keeper 2 spiritual successor
Dwarf Fortress - the ultimate dwarven simulation engine
Isomer - Mine, Build, and Explore as a squad of aliens crash landed on a foreign world

DwarvesAtWork

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: November 05, 2013, 11:39:52 am »

Ok the standard world gen has vanilla ore distribution which means youll miss out on a lot of the mod features.

What about the generic advanced profiles like "medium region?" Will those have mod friendly ore distribution?
Indie Games to check out:
Dwelvers - Dungeon Management game with 3D digging and economic focus
War for the Overworld - Dungeon Keeper 2 spiritual successor
Dwarf Fortress - the ultimate dwarven simulation engine
Isomer - Mine, Build, and Explore as a squad of aliens crash landed on a foreign world
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 165