Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201196 times)

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1215 on: October 17, 2013, 02:50:09 pm »

Is there some sort of guide on how to use the multiplayer feature anywhere?

Far as I've seen the only guide is the one on the forum post itself which isn't all that helpful. It'd be nice to see someone who's successfully got it working to share their knowledge with the rest of us.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 17, 2013, 08:20:17 pm »

Is in a pretty alpha stage, and it have a lot of troubles right now. So you canīt happily play without gaps.

EDIT: Someone can explain me with detail when I can get the trade license? I have 2500 gold coins in the Tavern waiting for buy a trade license with no luck... I canīt find the correct spot for buy it. Yes I have an trade depot and I open the trade window.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 17, 2013, 11:34:25 pm »

You probably need to order it from the outpost liaison.  I've never seen them come without ordering them, they're in the miscellaneous section.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 18, 2013, 01:18:21 am »

Yes, it's listed in the Miscellaneous category. Order from the liaison.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 18, 2013, 02:17:42 am »

Brainy no worky - what's the difference between normal gems which come in either "rough cut" or "<shape> cut" and the ones that just show a name, like "fire opals" or "clear diamonds" ?

Fire opals and clear diamonds are a kind of gem. You should find rough fire opals once you mine them. Rough are gems before they are cut and shaped are after the fact.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: October 18, 2013, 02:52:03 am »

If they have no descriptor, it means they're cut gems made in a custom reaction.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 18, 2013, 06:22:53 am »

v.4b I have a few "strange" dwarves (painting pentagrams in combat logs and similar) and a temple of Armok. The manual says something that besides Armok's ward (I am 100 ores away from that) possessions can be cured by special praying while in line of sight. I can't figure out in game how to do that or find more information.
Follow up: A dwarf that is converted to priest of Armok has something about curing possessions in caste description. How does that work?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 18, 2013, 11:41:08 am »

Please ignore.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 11:50:28 am by evictedSaint »

DwarvesAtWork

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: October 18, 2013, 12:15:25 pm »

Why are fires so frequent? My surface layer has been purged several times by fire. And now I have a fire running through my wood stockpile underground. How do I stop this? Is there an option I can toggle?
Indie Games to check out:
Dwelvers - Dungeon Management game with 3D digging and economic focus
War for the Overworld - Dungeon Keeper 2 spiritual successor
Dwarf Fortress - the ultimate dwarven simulation engine
Isomer - Mine, Build, and Explore as a squad of aliens crash landed on a foreign world

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: October 18, 2013, 12:43:00 pm »

It's probably due to Warlocks, although there are other creatures that produce fire. You can disable Warlocks in the different races screen but you need to gen a new world for that.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: October 18, 2013, 02:43:39 pm »

I guess Warlocks are making up for how sad they were previously and in typical DF fashion they've gone from zero to freight train. :D

DwarvesAtWork

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 18, 2013, 02:53:00 pm »

That makes sense for the surface fires. But the underground stockpile fire was between a goblin archer and 2 dwarven wrestlers. The terrain layer was sand with some wild cave plants.
Indie Games to check out:
Dwelvers - Dungeon Management game with 3D digging and economic focus
War for the Overworld - Dungeon Keeper 2 spiritual successor
Dwarf Fortress - the ultimate dwarven simulation engine
Isomer - Mine, Build, and Explore as a squad of aliens crash landed on a foreign world

cainiao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: October 19, 2013, 10:37:21 am »

That makes sense for the surface fires. But the underground stockpile fire was between a goblin archer and 2 dwarven wrestlers. The terrain layer was sand with some wild cave plants.
Any dwarven fire mage?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: October 20, 2013, 06:43:48 am »

At the scriptorum, there should be an entry for "write histories" to make a book specifically set up to function like a history engraving.  Books about histories seem like such an obvious thing - You could have whole libraries of just historic documents.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 20, 2013, 06:57:21 am »

At the scriptorum, there should be an entry for "write histories" to make a book specifically set up to function like a history engraving.  Books about histories seem like such an obvious thing - You could have whole libraries of just historic documents.
Thats a great idea. A book could also have multiple historical entries with more descriptive text.

For example a statue is something like:   This is a statue about Urist the Dwarf and Puff the dragon, Urist is standing over the body of the dragon. It relates to the slaying of the dragon called Puff.

Whereas a book might show something like:   This is a book about Urist the Dwarf and Puff the Dragon.  Urist was born in XXX and was xx years old when he met Puff the Dragon. Puff was an Ancient Dragon, countless years old.
 Urist encountered Puff the Dragon and ran him through with his Steel Long Sword. Urist then stood over the Dragon in victory.
 Urist was a hero of the Blazing Coppers.

ect ...
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 165