Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201284 times)

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1065 on: September 30, 2013, 06:42:51 am »

Is there a way to clean the corrupted bloodsteel gear my archaeologist keeps finding, and I have to pry from the hands of my troops before it does something horrible to them?

I know I can melt it down and have the temple clean those bars, but it makes finding all these interesting legendary weapons a bit pointless if I have to turn them into bars of stuff that's not going to get used.

Gilith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: September 30, 2013, 11:09:14 am »

About vanadium- would it make sense to use it as mithril or welded mithril ingredient? Currently mithril ore seems extremely rare, at least on my maps, but steel + silver alloy is pretty easy to make in big quantities

blazing glory

« Reply #1067 on: September 30, 2013, 10:46:37 pm »

am i posting in the wrong spot?

if not how can i remove the overly long attack names?

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: September 30, 2013, 10:58:47 pm »

Edit all of the attack strings in item_weapon.txt
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

blazing glory

« Reply #1069 on: October 01, 2013, 04:19:59 am »

okay another question whats the difference between them?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 01, 2013, 11:05:50 am »

Super-quick question:  does MWDF automatically fix the born-vs-migrant size issues? 

If I remember right, Putnam or someone else good with modding made a script to fix it, and that sounded like something MWDF would include and run automatically.

EDIT: Yes, it was Kurik Amudnil, not Putnam who made the size fix, sorry.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 11:47:32 am by evictedSaint »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1071 on: October 01, 2013, 11:07:49 am »

Kurik Amudnil made the fix, and yes, is included.

The difference in the attacks is not much, its just for more interesting combat logs in fort mode. I have to see if I can come up with something for adventure mode, to make them less obnoxious.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 01, 2013, 11:28:47 am »

I searched for it and nothing relevant came up. How do I process wolframite into a workable form? There doesn't seem to be either a processor or smelting option for it. Does it require a magma smelter or did I just derp and miss something?

Nevermind, I figured it out. And feel stupid because I read over the manual twice before I saw what I was looking for. >_<

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1073 on: October 01, 2013, 12:31:06 pm »

Crucible makes all the new metals, like wolfram, mithril, cobalt...
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: October 01, 2013, 02:21:21 pm »

Now that Rendermax is up, I have some questions about its use.

I like the way rendermax looks, but I don't really like the way it plays. Can I generate a fortress in 2D print mode with Rendermax off, and later on turn Standard print mode and Rendermax on for pretty pretty screenshots? Can I turn Rendermax on from DFHack without changing the GUI settings? Would switching between them have any chance of messing up save games and the like?
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1075 on: October 01, 2013, 02:28:41 pm »

yes, yes and no. You can toggle it, you can toggle it from dfhack instantly, and no you cant mess up saves.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 02, 2013, 12:15:23 am »

how do i make familiars for my mages? i got lucky and embarked with a level 3 earth mage so i brought a couple changelings with but unsure how to change them :x
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 02, 2013, 12:47:25 am »

Looking at the RAWs on 4a, it appears that sprites are back in for the interactions.  They were fixed to changelings in 4.

At least the descriptions in creature_standard.txt is referencing sprites again. I don't know anything about the interactions to see if they are working correctly for converting familiars.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 01:04:07 am by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 02, 2013, 12:58:58 am »

mm guessing something is wrong with embarking with both the earth mage and changelings cause i'm not getting a familiar :(
hopefully it'll just take some time or i'll have to invest in making the mages stuff
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 02, 2013, 03:53:30 am »

Is it possible to make "mutilated corpse"s optional, short of deleting the itemcorpses myself? I just want my named corpses back :(
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 165